[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Out of the 100 highest-grossing films of all time, Episode 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: king.png (1 MB, 1176x756) Image search: [Google]
king.png
1 MB, 1176x756
Out of the 100 highest-grossing films of all time, Episode 1 (53.8%), Episode 2 (52.2%), and Episode 3 (55.2%) have almost the lowest overseas gross percentage out of all the movies on the list. The only worse offenders are typical American-centric capeshit movies, like TDK and Spiderman 2. The original star wars is the weakest out of the entire top 100, with only 40.5% of its gross coming from overseas.

Meanwhile, Avatar and Titanic are the highest-grossing films of all time overseas, with very strong (72.7% and 69.9% respectively) shares of their gross coming from overseas.

What does this tell you, /tv/?
>>
China doesn't into Star Wars
>>
>>63035451
"Avatar won"
>>
that the janitor/mod leave up trash threads so they can get quick laughs from their friends on IRC and then later complain and wonder why the board is so shit lmao
>>
My girlfriend is South Korean. She has never seen any Star Wars movie or has seen anything SW related. Neither have her family or her friends.

I also know a lot of Japanese people who have no fucking idea of what Star Wars is beyond Darth Vader and lightsabers.
>>
>>63035451
That Titanic and Avatar are generic trash for everybody
>>
File: McPlebs Lovin it.jpg (68 KB, 940x312) Image search: [Google]
McPlebs Lovin it.jpg
68 KB, 940x312
>What does this tell you, /tv/?

that America hates James Cameron
>>
This is what butthurt haters believe.

Cry more.
>>
>>63036076
>no 0/10.
you had 1 job
>>
>>63035451
no one who understands movies thinks TFA is going to make more than Avatar. Avatar and Titanic are popcorn masterpieces that deserve to be up there with GWTW and A New Hope.

the unfortunate thing is that TFA at this point might be an objectively crappy film. I say unfortunate because the "hurr my movie wins" position is retarded, everyone should want good Star Wars movies but we're probably not going to get them.
>>
>>63036152
I agree. If I were to get an amazing star wars film and it !made negative ten dollars I wouldn't care.

Avatar was a visually amazing film that sucked ass. It made 2 billion but that doesn't redeem it. I don't think TFA can beat it, but it will likely suck less than Ferngully: In Space.
>>
>star wars (1977) made around $1b - $1.2b overseas
>TFA has to make around $2b overseas, assuming a (extremely generous) gross of $800m domestically

>star wars fanboys literally think the force awakens DOUBLING the inflation-adjusted overseas gross of the original star wars is an achievable goal
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.