[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a single joke or comical situation in season 1 or 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: vlcsnap-2014-01-25-01h35m01s255.png (245 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-01-25-01h35m01s255.png
245 KB, 512x384
Is there a single joke or comical situation in season 1 or 2 of the simpsons?
>>
>>63032534
Yes. But they usually arose from characterisation and emotional progression.
>>
seasons 2 and 3 are the best

prove me wrong

coziest episodes in those seasons
>>
>>63032534
This is either world-class bait, or you're a huge kwyjibo.
>>
File: opisafag.png (276 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
opisafag.png
276 KB, 512x384
>>63032661
Ah so it's like king of the hill. not funny
>>
File: tumblr_ll94rnsBLo1qg0rnuo1_500.jpg (46 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ll94rnsBLo1qg0rnuo1_500.jpg
46 KB, 500x329
>>63032534
season 2 is solid but the show was still finding it's voice
>>
>>63032707
>Cozy
I want this meme to die. It's moronic and means nothing.
>>
>>63032911
QUEEN OF THE HARPIES
HERE'S YOUR CROWN YOUR MAJESTY
>>
There was one about grandpa writing a very angry letter about how not all of the elderly are sex-crazed deviants
There was some pretty basic setup and subversion tgere
>>
>>63032534
Yeah there are a great many in each episode but as they are very subtle they require the viewer to not have autism or have at least a small amount of intelligence, sorry OP, sage.
>>
Season 2 is god tier. Different than seasons 3 onward as its more down to earth and way less zany, but every bit as good as golden era Simpsons in terms of overall quality of the episodes I'd say.

It's also dark as FUCK for the Simpsons, and still has the best Halloween special that balances humor with legitimate creepiness.

If anyone here finds themselves ignoring season 2 because it's not often mentioned as part of the 'golden era' like I did, I'd strongly urge you to rewatch it
>>
The three-eyed fish episode has one of the funniest visual gags in the entire show. When Marge lifts the cover of the fish dinner and they show everyone's reaction, the last of mr. Burns' goonies drops his jaw and makes the most retarded sounds in the world. The surreal moment was completely out of the blue and out of place, considering how down to earth the first two seasons were. Still makes me laugh just thinking about it.
>>
>>63032753
underrated
>>
It was basically anime the first two seasons
>>
>>63032534
Homer wrote a suicide note in which he told his family to stay strong and never give up.
>>
>>63032534
>being asimpson writer
>everyone on the internet hates you
>what are we doing wrong? you ask yourself
>you go to 4chan and look for answers
>this only increase your self loathing
>how could we and the producers ruined this masterpiece of modern comedy?

kill yourself OP, but take more writers with you
>>
Finally watched a more recent episode (the last one that aired actually). I hadn't seen a full episode since probably Season 20 or some shit. There are funny gags here and there, and you can sense the Simpsons DNA on a "I recognize my dead loved one, but know they are no longer alive/them". But yeah, the basic plot was there and I could see where maybe they're trying to re-tread similar ground by having a heart-warming, family centered episode that starts off with Homer doing something irresponsible, but that all seemed to be there to carry stupid gags, not the other way around. The episode ended awkwardly and the closure that was there felt peripheral. It was just a mess of random gags and forced dialogue that's been done better a hundred times before.

Also, good lord Hank Azaria and Julie Kavner sound absolutely awful. I wanted to find them and give them a hug.
>>
The humor is so wrong in newer Simpson.

What do you call it when they some word that's related to some thing and you are supposed to laugh

Reminds me of that shit Family Guy too much.

>You are supposed to laugh because the thing he said was related to some funny thing
It's so stupid writing
>>
>>63036143
>hadn't seen a full episode since probably Season 20
Why were you watching season 20 episodes you retard?
>>
>>63036311
I just dropped in on one.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.