[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Character literally redpilled >Becomes complete psychopath
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 11
File: jessica-jones-will-simpson.jpg (49 KB, 755x504) Image search: [Google]
jessica-jones-will-simpson.jpg
49 KB, 755x504
>Character literally redpilled
>Becomes complete psychopath
Why does this show hate men?
>>
File: Judenhass-003.jpg (1 MB, 1987x3056) Image search: [Google]
Judenhass-003.jpg
1 MB, 1987x3056
>>63026264
Because it's made for women, faŠ¼.
And, of course, it was written and produced by the Jews.
>>
>>63026264
Come on, he was a douchebag from the start.
>>
In the comic he's a full time psychopath they waited and used the drugs to set up next big bad deal with it he was too badass for that lame accent slipping strayan cunt newys
>>
If Bruce Willis and Chris Evans fucked...
>>
>written by the hole that did the screenplay for all twilights, red widow and birds of prey
>expecting any man, especially a white one, to be written well or be a good guy intentionally

Every man in the show is protrayed as a nutty psychopath or an emasculated bitch that is completely submissive to jessica and needs her help at all times. It's disgusting.
>>
>>63026264
the term "red pill" in and of itself implies that the information or view you're finding out about is some weirdo fringe idea that's kept secret by some masterful conspiracy that doesn't exist

it implies that a lot of people disagreeing with you means it must be right
>>
>>63026430
>not finding Simpson a tragic character

Are you autistic or just plain triggered? If you have a penis you should feel for him. He was right all along, even after he took the drugs that make you into a raging action hero.
>>
>redpill

I hate this term.

It's used for everything from being privy to a global jewish conspiracy to believing all women are whores.

It can mean so many different things to so many different groups that it's turned into a nebulous pejorative implying everyone who doesn't share your opinion must be deluded.
>>
What's with all the lesbians?
>>
Friendly reminder that the white men in the show are:
-Villainous
-Gay
-Literal manbaby
-Asshole who joins a support group because he lost a jacket

Not even being hyperbolic, there are NO good white men in the show
>>
>>63026618
I thought it's just the lawyer and her ex/current gf. I mean their whole subplot was dumb but at least they mostly had their lives ruined and weren't portrayed as good people
>>
File: 0002 - Iw13s5H.jpg (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
0002 - Iw13s5H.jpg
55 KB, 400x400
whats redpilled pls
>>
>>63026638
That's why I stopped at episode 3. It was just about entertaining until its SJW messages became absolutely impossible to ignore.
>>
>>63026534
lol check out the blue pilled redditor
>>
>>63026672
The only good thing in the show is Trish

They even made Luke Cage boring which I didn't think was possible

I don't even care if they want to do some SJW bullshit here and there - like making the lesbian lawyers and whatever - but it becomes outright distracting when there are literally no normal people in the show other than arguably Trish - but she's a product of child abuse as well so fuck it I give up
>>
>>63026264
Simpson existed before the matrix and thus precedes "red pilled" even being a thing.

Stop being a crybabby
>>
>>63026638
This is not even funny, my sister actually joked that "it looks like some smart girls from tumblr wrote this" and she is a normalfag.

Let's see how white men are portrayed:
-Simpson (unstable ex-soldier psychopath who gets violent while on drugs)
-Kilgrave (almost cartoony evilish)
-Rubyn (manbaby permavirgin)
-Jacket guy (materialistic asshole)
-Thugs (did you even notice how ALL WITHOUT EXCEPTION generic thugs are white?)

That's fucking it.
There is no one else.
>>
>>63026882
>ALL WITHOUT EXCEPTION generic thugs are white

those guys who were beating up her druggie neighbour in the flashback were black, weren't they?
>>
>>63026882

I like how this show epitomises how women are brainless retards devoid of reason and accountability, which is evident in the lesbian lawyers being cruel, cold hearted bitches to eachother and every woman in the show ruining everything they touch... The only reasonable person in the whole show is a big black buck... How nice of them to make the big black Buck the star of this show.
>>
the worst thing about this series is how fucking generic it is
>>
>>63026638

both Hope and Kilgrave's dads are traditional white straight patriarchs and it's a bad thing when he murders them
>>
>>63027135
Kilgrave's dad is villainous, or did you miss out on the whole "child abuse" and "unwilling test subjects who are children" thing?

Hope's dad is shown to be a naive idiot and is ridiculed for wanting to try to fix Jessica's door - he's the closest thing to a decent white man and they make fun of him for it, and he's an incredibly minor character who is killed off in the first episode
>>
>>63027183

seems like you read a wikipedia article like all the other mememasters because they revealed they were trying to cure his disease and weren't abusing him
>>
File: Daredevil - Nuke.png (268 KB, 250x446) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil - Nuke.png
268 KB, 250x446
GIMME A RED
>>
Still enjoyed it even though it was pushing agendas like no show I've seen before.

In fact that's why I enjoyed it, they aren't hiding their agenda anymore.
>>
>>63027246
They were still performing tests on unwilling children. Not just kilgrave, but other kids too. I've watched the entire fucking show - Kilgrave's dad is sympathetic but he's still a fucking asshole
>>
you guys are acting like fags
>>
Would Matt Murdoch have killed Killgrave?
>>
>>63027295
Self kekification
>>
>>63027303
didn't he burn that ninja alive
>>
ITT: being male and white is so hard family QQ
>>
>>63027135
you mean old white c ucks?
>>
was there a reason why kilgrave couldn't control jessica anymore?
i watched the show kinda lazily but from what i remember it was just "he can't control me" and that was it
>>
>>63027333
wat
>>
>>63027385
Best explanation I read was that she has fast healing an her immunity system eventually immunised her after months of exposure. The show said it was because she killed that chick and her brain just rebelled against Killgrave and couldn't recover again to the point where he could control her anymore.
>>
File: 324.jpg (42 KB, 315x470) Image search: [Google]
324.jpg
42 KB, 315x470
>>63026264
>using a meme from a terrible movie
>actually believing all the pol bullshit

Sigh...
>>
>>63027385
She just walked away one day. Or something.

Doesn't Jean Grey like give her some mental shield in the comics?
>>
>>63027376
fuck off Seth Rogen. goddamn kike
>>
>>63027385
>>63027455
Basically this. Extended exposure that led to immunity plus sheer willpower. Doctor Doom couldn't be affected by Kilgrave in the comic because of the latter.
>>
>>63026638
>Jessica Campbell Jones Cage[1] is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Brian Michael Bendis [...].
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Jones

>Brian Michael Bendis was born on August 18, 1967 in Cleveland, Ohio to a Jewish-American family [...].
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Michael_Bendis

>Marvel's Jessica Jones, or simply Jessica Jones, is an American web television series created for Netflix by Melissa Rosenberg [...].
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Jones_%28TV_series%29

>Rosenberg was born in Marin County, California.[2] Her father is Jack Lee Rosenberg, a psychotherapist and the founder of integrative body psychotherapy. Her mother was Patricia Rosenberg, a lawyer. She was the second of four children by her father's first marriage and another by his second.[3] Rosenberg's father was Jewish [...].
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melissa_Rosenberg
>/pol/
>wrong
>>
I read on /co/ that all white men were murderous, rapacious assholes but didn't believe it. Then I watched the show. What the fuck.
>>
>>63027385
Jessica heals faster than normal people and already has a stronger immune system

Kilgrave is shown to get his power through a virus of some sort

Jessica's immune system/general health combined with the sheer shock of committing her first murder made her immune
>>
>>63026264

Nuke first appeared in Daredevil in 1986
The Matrix came out in 1999
Reddit was founded in 2005

No one's trying to trigger you, fedorafag. Nuke's been downing red, white, AND blue pills since before you were born.
>>
>>63026424
Ha, ha. I can see this.
>>
>>63027370

No, that was Nobu's own fault.
>>
File: 979.jpg (142 KB, 680x846) Image search: [Google]
979.jpg
142 KB, 680x846
>>63026264

Ban /pol/ cross posters.

I have have no problem with them having their beliefs, I can't cure stupid.

But they literally never talk about movies. They just come here to push their agenda.
>>
>>63028298
Oh man im such a moron i missed the Red White and Blue pill thing...

Ok the thing is that Jessica Jones is set in the MCU. Its part of a franchise, multimedium shared universe. They dont need heroic white men because they already have Thor Star Lord Iron Man Captain America Daredevil etc. etc.

From the SJW's perspective they are happy cos womyn and minorities woot
From a redpills perspective you should be happy since that means they dont need to spread this shit around.

Its a win fucking win.

Also every character was a useless mess. Jessica got so many fucking people killed, and Cage was fucking useless, didnt actually achieve anything. The only character I liked was Hope, because she got shit done. "Oh no im pregnant, and the doctor wont see me! Fuck that shit Orange is the new Black woman beat the shit outta me. And if that doesnt work itll get enough attention so i can abort the shit out of myself. Oh shit Jessica is amoron and wont kill Dr Who because of me! Shit i can't do it either cos im under mind control! Fuck that shit imma stab myself in the neck to make sure he dies.
>>
>being surprised that a show inspired by hard-boiled noir stories is filled with assholes

The only unequivocally nice people on the show were Trish, Luke and Malcolm, and all of them get emotionally ripped to shreds for being good people.

Stop shitposting about le ebin black white racism, you're missing the forest for the trees.
>>
>>63028806
Trish's best acting was when she was cumming from the power high.
>>
>>63028607

>smearing Ben's good name with tinfoil ILLUMINATI edits with conspiring pyramids
>>
>>63028894

Rachel Taylor was really good in general.
>>
>>63028941
mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
She was ok but the whole "earnest good person" thing is just hard to make interesting.
>>
I didn't watch this garbage

what sort of "redpill" are we talking about
>>
>>63028952
You didnt watch. Why the fuck are you even posting
>>
>>63028977
to discuss a TV show? are you retarded or something?
>>
>>63028607
Holy shit dude, delete that before he finds you. It might already be too late.
>>
>>63028996
You want to discuss a show you havent watched? Not like "oh is it good?" but "do the actions of characters in the last half of the season and the specific imagery of those actions mean this show is promoting a political ideology?"
You want the whole fucking thread to stop so people can explain every fucking detail to you. I mean fuck your question has even been answered in this thread but you were too fucking retarded to notice.
>>
>Trish takes the pill instead of giving it to JJ
>proceeds to still get fucked up by Simpson
>JJ has to finish Simpson anyway
>Trish forgets how to breath omg so tense will she live? ??
One of the worst episodes desu
>>
>>63027183
>Kilgrave's dad is villainous, or did you miss out on the whole "child abuse" and "unwilling test subjects who are children" thing?

The Thompsons did horrible things to their son, but it was because they were trying to save him from a congenital condition. They hated what they were doing, and what they had turned him into. They accepted that they'd done wrong and were penitent, which is why his mother was going to the support group and why his father worked to try and create a vaccine.

>Hope's dad is shown to be a naive idiot and is ridiculed for wanting to try to fix Jessica's door

He felt helpless and was trying to sublimate his anxiety into a form he could do something about, in that case, fixing Jessica's door. He didn't really want to fix Jessica's door, he wanted his daughter back.
>>
>>63028952
>what sort of "redpill" are we talking about

Literal red pills. Combat drugs that increase awareness and bring out immense strength but get you so hyper-focused on the mission you'll kill anyone who crosses your path, even your own allies and will make you forget to breathe if you're on them for too long. Moderated by white pills and brought back down to some semblance of normal by blue ones.
>>
>>63029072
>themes aren't important to be interested in a show

why are you so mad reddit
>>
>>63028996
Discuss a show you haven't watched? WTF?
>>
White, straight male in a tumblr 2015 world? He's already evil.
>>
>>63026264
Every subplot was unnecessary and dumb.
>>
>>63026264
Why does /tv/ always act like these shows arnt based on comics?
>>
>>63031413
Because the show tries its hardest to hide all the comic shit.
>>
>>63031413
The comics had antman as her love interest for a while, and captain america showed up for the issues that had Nuke
There are a bunch of differences to the comics The first half of Alias has nothing to do with Killgrave, thats only 1 arc
>>
The show would have been over before the first episode. Literally all you had to do is go up to him and shoot before he can say something. That's it, and they dragged this fucking show on for 13 episodes. Such a joke. Don't get me wrong the villain is cool, but the suspension of belief was ruined so many times.
>>
>>63032615
Did you even watch it at all? It's explained why they don't want to kill him at first.
>>
>>63032650
To save one girl from going to jail, thousand more people got killed. Stupid.
>>
>>63032615

The line of thought that "it could have all been avoided if they'd just done X instead of Y in the first act" is toxic to storytelling. Sure, it could work, but then all your stories would end before they began, and then where would you be? Probably very bored, because all of your stories ended too soon. Stories NEED things to go wrong (or at least a bit sideways) at the start to draw you in.
>>
What did I miss?

>pro abortion (and they insult people who dont agree with it)
>BMWF
>homos everywhere
>gay marriage
>jews
>white guys are bad guys
>white female / black male are heroes
>poking fun at religion
>pathetic white beta male who kills himself
>anti death penalty
>"breeders"
>presenting normal people as the weirdos and the degenerates as the opposite
>>
>>63026264

The show hates white men. Lets get it right, there isn't a single productive or helpful white man in the entire cast.
>>
>>63032803
The old bartender was white.
>>
>>63032802
Why not watch a show you like
>>
>>63032856
Because this is a segue into the other Marvel/Netflix shows. If DD was shit I may have never watched JJ.
>>
>>63027289
no they weren't. it's clearly stated that the drive contained files on many test subjects from various different unrelated origins around the world, Luke Cage potentially being one of them.
>>
jessica jones is actually a white man

you guys never realized he's crossdressing?
>>
>>63026264
I just don't understand why any white male would willingly watch this
>>
File: 1375969690668.png (7 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
1375969690668.png
7 KB, 208x243
>Creator: Melissa Rosenberg
it's a mystery!
>>
>>63027455
>she killed that chick and her brain just rebelled against Killgrave

That's stupid though because it's implying all the people he's raped or got to kill their parents or leave their children really didn't mind it all that much. It literally means Jessica is the only decent person he's ever mindraped, and that's retarded.
>>
File: ZgwIASL.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
ZgwIASL.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>Coalburning 25 minutes in

Nope, I'm fucking done.
>>
>>63035464
That's why Kilgrave is the way he is. He knows people just obey him because they want to. It's in them to resist if they want.
>>
>>63035530
>It's in them to resist if they want
>Multiple people on the show say in their heads they knew they didn't want to do what he wanted and wished to stop but they no matter what they did it

Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>63035585
Yes. Jessica resisted him. It's not like she has a particularly strong will either.
>>
>>63026264

I can't look at him without seeing Will Ferrell in A Night At The Roxbury.
>>
>>63035530

Yeah, luke cage definitely wanted to blow up his own bar, that guy wanted to eat garden shears, reuben wanted to slit his throat, kilgraves mother wanted to stab herself to death, etc. lmao
>>
>>63035673
Not Kilgrave's fault that people selectively misinterpret everything he says.
>>
>>63035691

>BLOW UP YOUR BAR AND MAKE SURE JESSICA SEES
>STAB YOURSELF FOR EVERY YEAR YOU LEFT ME ALONE
>>
>>63032740

Not him, and I get what you're saying, but there needs to be some kind of internal plausibility. I enjoyed the fact that Kilgrave was relatively low-key in his machinations, but all the way through I was thinking, "This guy could be taken out with a fucking ipod". I mean, seriously. Insert headphones, turn up the volume and away you go. They even do that for one character in the finale, so I don't think I'm being unreasonable.
>>
>>63035603

Jessica broke free of him because her body fended off his virus. She just thought it was because she rebelled at the idea of killing Reva because she didn't know how his powers worked at the time.
>>
>>63035732
First of all, Luke could've simply taken a photograph of his bar and enlarged the picture and showed it to Jessica. Bar blown up. Command satisfied.

Secondly, he gave no indication as to the intensity of the stabbing, or whether it should be mental or physical, or what part of the body it should be done to. She could've stabbed her hair, her foot, etc.
>>
Did anyone notice that they re-used the newspaper office set as the doctors office when jessica was trying to first get the anesthesia?
>>
>Blow up you bar with you in it, make sure jessica see it

So you think that what he did was "selectively misinterpreted" and kilgrave meant to enlarge an image in photoshop? Your first thought if someone told you to stab yourself would be they're telling you to "mentally" stab yourself(what the fuck does that even mean?) or cut your hair? You're as dumb as you are stupid.
>>
>>63035783
>>63035986
>>
>>63035986
I would have thought he meant blow up the bar like set that shit off. Hire a DJ, catering service, light that town up, blow that scene.
>>
>>63035986
At least I won't be the retard killing himself just because someone told me to "stab" myself.
>>
>>63035783

He wouldn't be blowing up his bar, though. He'd be blowing up a photograph of his bar. We can assume that that's not what Kilgrave told him to do, based on the fact that that's not what he did.

Clearly, people do what they believe Kilgrave has told them to do, and so we can imagine various fringe scenarios where they interpret his commands incorrectly and do something other than what he wants them to. But we've seen nothing to suggest that people are in control of what they believe he wants them to do.

So, for example, if I am standing on the ledge of a tall building and Kilgrave tells me "Jump", if I believe that his desire is for me to jump FORWARD, I will jump forward, even though it's possible to interpret it as a command to simply jump upwards and land back on the ledge.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119 KB, 1920x1080
>character literally bluepilled
>becomes complete psychopath
>>
>>63035986
it takes us back to "put a bullet in your skull" when she just had to put it in her mouth (did not even have to shoot it)
>>
>>63026264
>Oh wow, this white guy is actually shown to be a nice human being. Perhaps I was spending too much time on /pol/ and this anti-white agenda is just in my he-
>nevermind
>>
>>63036058
The normal meaning when someone says jump is to simply jump straight up. Not Kilgrave's fault if they jump forward.

Kilgrave was also surprised when Jessica killed Reva, he simply said to take care of her, which can mean something as simple as intimidating her into silence with super strength.
>>
>>63035464
the show hints that she is grows immune because they are from the same experiments
>>
>believing that Jessica conveniently develops an immune system strategy against Kilgrave's virus the exact moment after she ruthlessly murders someone after "misinterpreting" a command

She had free will all along.
>>
>>63026459
Your post implies you're from reddit.
Pls go back.
>>
>>63036046

What part about stabbing yourself is open for interpretation? If someone told you that someone stabbed them self with a knife would you be confused or understand what they're saying?

>>63036162

Which literally required an outside force because she was trying to do what she immediately interpreted it as.
>>
>>63026534
>It's used for everything from being privy to a global jewish conspiracy to believing all women are whores.
>it's used to describe factual information to another factual information

I don't see the problem.
>>
>>63036306
There's no information added as to what you should stab yourself with or the severity that the stabbing should be. I've stabbed other people with a pen before and they were fine.
>>
>>63026264
u think he will get the tattoo on his face or will they just leave it out in season 2?
>>
>>63036346
>I've stabbed other people with a pen before

Do tell
>>
>>63026882
>-Thugs (did you even notice how ALL WITHOUT EXCEPTION generic thugs are white?)

Even the husband on the black chick that was cheating on her husband with Luke Cage.

I mean holy fuck, even when it makes no sense, they still manged to shoehorn a white evil guy in there.
>>
>>63036306
>Which literally required an outside force because she was trying to do what she immediately interpreted it as.
yeah thats my point. it makes you do the first thing that jumps into your head but if you can train your thinking than you could find loopholes. for example why does "erase dad from existence" translate into grinding him up instead of an acid bath , way of thinking
>>
>>63027385
Feminism power.
>>
>>63036346
thats true. like when he told dad to put his hand in the blander he had to say "slowly' or dad would have just rammed it on an assumption
>>
>>63036238

Killgrave dropped the bluff that he hadn't meant for her to kill Reva pretty quickly.
>>
>>63036373
I was in high school and me and my friend started stabbing each other pretty hard but then we had to quiet down after others started noticing so we sat in pain for the rest of the class. Then later we stabbed each other some more. No homo.
>>
>>63035464
But she's a strong independent woman, don't you understand?
>>
>>63036373
I once tried to choke a person to death.(they did not die so don't worry) are you here for life stories or for the show?
>>
>>63036346

Lets say for a moment you have autism and interpret stabbing yourself as "stab yourself in a non-life threatening extremity", he's just going to tell you to cut your dick off next.
>>
>>63036428
He could've also turned the blender off after turning it on
>>
>>63036490
I would tell him I already had my foreskin cut off
>>
>>63036371
Doubt it since instead of Kilgrave being purple they just gave him a purple suit. All Simpson got was a lighter with the american flag on it.
>>
>>63036519

That's your entire penis m8? My condolences.
>>
>>63036545
yeah, i do hope they turn him into a cyborg atleast
>>
>>63036490
I would go sign up for trans-genital surgery immediately, knowing that by the time the operation happens Kilgrave's power would wear off and I'd come back to my senses.
>>
Finished the show on Sunday and I really, really enjoyed it. I thought it was way better than Daredevil - I had to power through the middle of that, but I was engrossed in Jessica Jones throughout.

Kilgrave/Purple Man is one of the best villains that the MCU has ever done, I thought that they did a good job humanizing him and showing what made him tick without woobifying him. They maintained that he was a 100% evil asshole without redeeming traits, but it was a very mundane and believable brand of evil that I don't think is pulled off that well in genre fiction that often.
>>
on episode 10 and i really like it but something is missing for me. and i feel like they have some glaring plot holes. overall i like it though. i love the malcolm character and how ride or die he is for jessica.
>>
File: 1366228992701.jpg (162 KB, 548x618) Image search: [Google]
1366228992701.jpg
162 KB, 548x618
>>63036631

>Kilgraves powers don't work on me, I'm far too smart for that
>>
I don't get the praise for Killgrave as a villain.

Idk it's weird but I find him dull? Like what he does is evil and scary but there is nothing interesting there.

Like his brand of charm that's supposed to align him with real life abusers doesn't work for me.
>>
>>63036679
I have an indominatable willpower, Kilgrave wouldn't be able to control me.
>>
is there a scene showing rape in the show? or is it just talked about as a thing that happened?
>>
>>63036714
I don't know anything about the comics, but he's a shitty villain in the show. They took what should have been one small facet of his personality - being immature and entitled - and blew that up into the entirety of his character. He's boring as fuck.
>>
>>63036714
I actually found him really dull too when we got more of him on screen.
>>
>>63036200

The normal meaning in a vacuum, or the normal meaning when standing on the ledge of a tall building?

But I mean, that you don't address the substance indicates you aren't serious and are merely le ebin Patrick B8man, so enjoy that.
>>
>>63026264
I'm not trying to defend the show or oppose the ideas posted here, but I think the series is mainly about how everyone is an asshole, even in a world were the greatest hero, Captian America exist. The only good persons in the show are Luke Cage and Trish, everyone else is an idiot
>>
Did he attempt any Croatian on the show?
>>
>>63036894
his character wasnt croatian on the show
>>
>>63036714
Mental villains are more interesting that brute-force villains, but I think the main appeal is the fact that Tennant is literally repraising the 10th doctor
>>
>>63036881
Luke Cage kills people for money
>>
>>63036933
>Tennant is literally repraising the 10th doctor

In what way? I'm a big Doctor Who fan and I didn't see many similarities between the two besides both feeling smarter than others.
>>
>>63036634

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of David Tennant, but I think he did really well with this. My general impression of the choices actors make when portraying characters with some form of suasive mental ability is that they play them as charmers; in terms of how the ability is 'coded' to viewers, it's presented as some exaggerated form of charisma. But Tennant went exactly the opposite way - a petulant infant who snaps in irritation at the slightest inconvenience - and it felt very natural and plausible.
>>
The most interesting thing about the villain was his henchmen. It wasn't your generic hired thugs that the heroes are free to plow through and mass murder before waffling on whether to kill the main villain. They were all innocents. Every bit of damage you do to them is damage you do to a victim. And it's easy for why Kilgrave could have a near infinite supply of them. It made for a really neat twist on that aspect of henchmen fighting.
>>
>>63036936
Maybe later, but this version was just a bartender who cared about his customers and friends. But we all know it will change when Dani shows him the amazing world of being a real superhero
>>
>>63026264
He kinda tried to tear down his waifu's door when he was himself.
Then he gave her an unregistered gun.
And then he went full junkie.

He was a full blown asshole desu senpai.
>>
File: Patsy_Walker_Vol_1_72.jpg (154 KB, 600x896) Image search: [Google]
Patsy_Walker_Vol_1_72.jpg
154 KB, 600x896
>>63036881
If they follow the source material, Trish gets driven into suicide by her husband Damian Hellstrom.
>>
>>63037026
This. He's just like those domestic abusers who hit their wives, apologize profusely for it, then proceed to beat her again the following week.
>>
>>63026882
>almost cartoony evilish
Did you watch the show family or are you going from synopsis/trailers?
>>
unrelated but i really don't like david tennant as an actor. i can never get away from the fact that its him, he always seems to play his characters the same, and its super hammy. luckily i think it works well for this character but there were still parts where i found him a bit cringe worthy.
>>
>>63037180
this is the first time ive seen him in anything and hes just so intensely bug eyed all the time, it was jarring
>>
>>63037180
I dislike his acting too.
>>
>>63036184
I was actually thinking this too. I literally thought, "Well I guess the writers added in this nice white beta couple to balance out the interr--" pop pop pop watching detectives drop.
>>
>>63037180
I am only on ep, but I couldn't really understand people saying he was the scariest villain after he actually showed up. On ep 1 and 2 I was agreeing with everyone, those backgrounds turning to purple really helped us imagining as a creepy motherfucker, then on ep 3 you hear him talking and I got the feeling that david's acting was making him unintentionally comical instead of as scary as I was expecting?? Idk.
>>
Kilgrave: Did you bugger my chances with her?
and
Jessica: You don't improve an asshole by making it bigger.
and
Kilgrave: You really are a little anal crumpet, aren't you?

Am I imagining it, or were they throwing out cheeky little references to that infamous scene in the comics?
>>
So I've been thinking about a new acronym for the retards that are as retarded as SJWs, but I'm just having problems on how to fit all their prejudices into a short acronym. First I thought, WRWs?(White Race Warriors). But that doesn't cover it since they also hate women. Maybe WMWs?(White Male Warriors). But with all the muslim hate recently, we need to include religion there. WMCWs(White Male Christian Warriors). Of course that's exclusive to athiests, who act just as retarded, then it becomes WMCAWs-and that's too long, see? How do you make all that hate fit into something short?
>>
I do like the show, but I'm worried about what it'll become without Kilgrave. It's not that he carried the show, but he was the most intriguing part of it for me because of what he represented to Jessica.
>>
>>63037277
>How do you make all that hate fit into something short?

"/pol/"
>>
I'm really fascinated by the potential limits of his powers. Like, could he tell someone to do something physically impossible like fly or float and they'd still do it??? Somehow??? Does it work on people who are deaf, or don't speak English? We know his words are open to interpretation, as seen with Jessica and Reva, but what else is there
>>
>>63037325
i doubt it would work on people who are deaf because trish was fine when she was wearing headphones. the problem with the explanation of his powers is that it being a virus makes 0 sense
>>
>>63037325
>Like, could he tell someone to do something physically impossible like fly or float and they'd still do it?

No.

>Does it work on people who are deaf, or don't speak English?

No.

The only other wrinkle I can see is that maybe immunocompromised people (eg AIDS patients) might literally never stop obeying him no matter how far away he gets or how much time passes.
>>
>>63037347
>it being a virus makes 0 sense

Yeah, pretty much. I tried to meet them halfway with it, I mean there are definite examples of parasitic behaviour modification in nature, and proposed models of same in humans (toxoplasmosis), but nothing that makes that non-retarded. Just make it be effectively magic and I won't ask any questions, you know? That's fine.
>>
>>63037325
I think they would try to accomplish it to the best of their abilities in the time they are under his influence. E.g. they could interpret fly as getting on a plane, or float to mean to float on water. Or even get into some sort of wind machine and float on that.
>>63037400
Good thought about AIDS people, that's interesting
>>
>>63037400
this is why pheromones made more sense, why did they change that? you can't stop pheromones by wearing headphones
>>
>>63037457
It was kind of dumb. You don't have to say his power is magic, but you don't have to explain it either. But I think they did that just so they could have a way to supe up his powers by "upgrading" the virus.
>>
>>63037478
>you can't stop pheromones by wearing headphones

Yeah, but what about noseplugs/oxygen tanks? Honest question - are pheromones at all absorbable through the skin/ears/eyes etc?
>>
>>63026672
you do realize whining little faggots like you are the complete opposite of SJWs right? Two sides of the same coin

SJws and people like you fucking cry, cry, cry, me, me, me
>>
>>63037277
>>63037313
SIWs

Social Injustice Warriors. if comics teach you anything, it's that it's all about symmetry
>>
>>63037520
yes, noseplugs wouldn't work, pores on the skin would still absorb them
>>
>>63037520
Traditionally pheromones are supposed to be smelled, but if Kilgrave is shedding a chemical substance, then it could be absorbed through the skin. But then just wearing a full body suit would work, and headphones would still work if Kilgrave has to command you verbally to make you do anything
>>
>>63037520
>>63037589
marvel wiki says:

Killgrave possesses the power to sap people's wills, allowing him to command people by simple verbal suggestion. His power originates in his skin cells, which have been mutagenically altered. The sites of pheromone production and other secretions in his deep dermis produce numerous psychoactive chemicals, which, when inhaled or absorbed through the skin, induce in that individual an overwhelming monomania that renders him or her completely without self. Killgrave can simultaneously subjugate as many people as are present within the range of the psychoactive chemicals he exudes. He has been known to enthrall crowds of over 100 people
>>
>>63037665
Why can only Kilgrave influence people affected?
>>
>>63037665
Meh, in the show it's considered sound-based with limited range until he asks his father to improve him, at which point a couple lines imply even looking at him is dangerous, but I don't recall anything coming out of it besides Trish looking down.
>>
>>63037760
He controls people for longer, and the virus he sheds seems like it could make people vulnerable to his voice later on. Like the hospital. He walked all around the hospital shedding virus, so that people who later walked into a room were susceptible to remote voice control.
>>
>>63037707
because comics. also don't think i don't know what lies at the root of this fascination, kilgrave acolyte
>>
>>63026882
You're underage if you still live with your sister and have to share the tv with her. You're opinion is invalid.
>>
>>63037823
Oh yeah, forgot about the hospital thing. Although it seemed to me like he simply upgraded his power in a way they somehow worked over the phone, I don't recall seeing or hearing about him walking around every room in the hospital to shed his spore.

Don't forget his dad also thought that was his power but ultimately his "cure" didn't work at all.
>>
>>63037999
I live with my sister and I'm not underage. You try paying fucking Manhattan rent without a roomate. Or maybe he's still in college. Or maybe he has a game of thrones situation going on, you don't know
>>
>>63026882
You sound like a tumblrina crying about representation in the medias, if the show triggers you so much just stop watching it faggot. It's really that fucking simple :,)
>>
>>63038678
he can't just stand by while feminist homosexual muslim black brown yellow jewish slavic latinos ruin this country, goddammit!
>>
Man super-strength is such a based power

>become a superstar at any sport
>just punch a hole through an ATM for cash
>obvious self-defense benefits
>just looks cool as fuck
>>
>>63036200
So you need an autistic superhero to beat Kilgrave?
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.