[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remind me why everyone liked that pile of shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: the-crow.jpg (269 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
the-crow.jpg
269 KB, 1680x1050
Remind me why everyone liked that pile of shit.
>>
Aside of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj-9-3f0kr8 obviously.
>>
just a general suggestion, you might get more and better discussion when the premise of your thread doesn't make potential respondents feel like they're being invited to argue against some immature doofus with a thoroughly entrenched opinion
>>
>>63025734
But thats all /tv is
>>
>>63025576
He died filming it and it had a metal/industrial soundtrack. Welcome to 1994.
>>
>>63025734

This is literally the only way to generate any kind of discussion.

Anything less and it flies to page 10.
>>
File: 12193588096339.jpg (19 KB, 600x343) Image search: [Google]
12193588096339.jpg
19 KB, 600x343
>>63025876
So basically like that actor died and a movie skyrocketed?
>>
>>63025576
EVERYNIGHT I BURN
>>
>>63025576
Everyone is spoilt now, they don't like anything or see the charm things had t in a a different era.
>>
>>63025887
Boo hoo you just make shit threads based in your plebeian opinion you fuck boy
>>
>>63026307
This.
>>
>>63026403

What in God's earth did you just spew about me, you timid dog? I shall make it known that I graduated summa cum laude from Oxford, have been involved in numerous clandestine accostments on nefarious terrorist groups throughout the world, and have ended the lives of over 300 such brigands. I have been trained in the art of simian warfare, and am the superior marksman of the Cambridge huntsman's club. You are nothing to me besides another enemy. I shall annihilate you with cunning the likes of which has never been seen since Agincourt, I solemnly swear. Do you, in all your foolishness, actually believe you should be able to say such contemptible things without retribution? You have made a foolish mistake. As this letter is being sent en route, I have enlisted the hearts of England's finest young men, and your person shall be hunted ruthlessly- thus, you should wisely prepare for your demise. The demise which shall annihilate the pathetic existence you call your own. You are already dead, foolish child. I can effortlessly appear at any venue without prior knowledge, and make war upon you in over seven hundred ways, and that is just with my sabre. Not only have I been extensively prepared by my tenure in the Royal navy, but I also have access to the entirety of the Queen's fleet- and shall use it to annihilate you, you uncultured swine. If only you had known what godly force your message would have wrought upon you, perhaps you would have done otherwise. However, you either could or did not, and now you shall atone, fool. I shall present such fury in my person that you will cower. You are already dead.
>>
>muh goth shit

LOL
>>
I wish i was hot enough to pull off a Crow costume at Halloween
>>
>>63025576

I enjoyed it because the protagonist was nor super powerful. Yes he had powers, but he wasn't Superman or Ironman. He still had to fight to get things done. His powers seemed to be within the grasp of humanity.

Granted, I was also Jonesing on the gritty vengeance from beyond the grave thing, which is lame now that I look back on it. But I was a teen at the time, so it comes with the territory.
>>
>>63025576
Literally the original capeshit
>>
File: large-15168581.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
large-15168581.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
>>63027831
I feel you fellow dark bro
>>
>>63027975
I've always wanted to see The Cure live
>>
>>63025576
It's really good and everyone watched it when they were edgy teenagers so they look back on it even more fondly
>>
>>63026353

> fuck boy

spotted the one trying to fit in
>>
>mfw got so much pussy dressing up as the crow on Halloween

Call me whatever you want, I pulled it off perfectly and fucked a 8/10 who later became my girlfriend (now ex gf, moved away). I owe more to this edgy character than I'd be willing to admit.
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 1000x1000
>>63028437
Forgot my face.
>>
>>63028437
What happened after you woke up in your mom's basement?
>>
>>63025582
>not Dead Souls

hi, plebbit
>>
>>63028884
actors do it all the time
>>
I enjoyed it. It was good to watch and really got the whole goth fantasy right I guess.

7/10 it was alright
>>
>>63028884
i doubt she thought the guy was actually the movie character
>>
Michael Wincott's 10/10 voice. That's it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_NS0vAYGVk
>>
>>63026009
Yeah it was a trend in the early 90s. Like nirvana.
>>
>>63025576
only liked it for the music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWDuG7jF8bo
>>
File: Tintin.jpg (40 KB, 736x406) Image search: [Google]
Tintin.jpg
40 KB, 736x406
Halloween ain't until mananaaaaaaaa
>>
>good cinematography
>good soundtrack
>grimdark edgy 90s capeshit at its prime (love it or hate it)

I've never liked it as much as other people seem to, but I get why they dig it so much. Don't go into it expecting a literary drama.
>>
I FEEL LIKE A LITTLE WORM ON A BIG FUCKIN' HOOK
>>
>>63030394
>tfw still listen to this song a couple of times a year
>>
>>63030611
What feel is that?
What fucking emotion could possibly be involved in listening to a song twice a year? Jesus christ do you people even think about this shit
>>
>>63030699
Do you?
>>
File: mother_is_god.gif (2 MB, 245x165) Image search: [Google]
mother_is_god.gif
2 MB, 245x165
Hated the junkie Mom, but liked this message.
>>
>>63030736
I asked you a question, you deflecting little cunt.
Guess I struck a nerve there.
>>
>>63030760
>fuck jesus christ shit you cunt
he's the mad one
>>
>>63030760
When you've been alive long enough to have listened to a song for 20 years you might be able to figure it out for yourself.
>>
>kids still can't get over post-modernist irony
Hello? It's 2015

Everyone with a brain moved onto neo-sincerity
>>
90's goth shit was RAD
>>
>reminder that James O'Barr's fiance was killed by a drunk driver
>he channelled thay sadness into writing and penciling The Crow
>feels responsible for Brandon Lee's death now

Being James O'Barr is suffering
>>
>>63030940
don't look
>>
>>63028437
What year, was this recent?
>>
>>63025576
Reminder this movie and character was GOAT
>>
File: 1405714538172.webm (451 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1405714538172.webm
451 KB, 1280x720
>>63031883
>Reminder this movie and character was GOAT
>>
If this movie didnt have shit sequel it would e considered a cult classic
>>
>>63031993
There was also a tv show. It was... not that bad, actually. Mark Dacascos is a pretty good martial artist/stuntman and a decent actor.
>>
The Crow literally didn't give a fuck. None of this pansy state-worshipping law-enforcement dick-sucking "I bust allow bue brocess XD" a la Batman.

Also personal vendetta's are far more relatable to non-children than "I want 2 save da entire city & world from all evil!1"
>>
>>63031303
>>63028884
It sure helped out, I'm good looking but shy.
>>
What's not to like?

Tragic end of a charismatic actor that played perfectly with the themes of the film, tons of atmopshere, a soundtrack packed to the gills with great grunge/rock/industrial, and a great gothic/horror aesthetic years before Hollywood ran that into the ground.

It's a damn enjoyable little 90's time capsule. Dated, sure, but the years haven't made it any less fun.
>>
>>63031993
>it would e considered a cult classic

It is considered a cult classic.
>>
>>63031002
>>
>>63027831
i was and got laid all the time doing this.

it was awesome. but now that emo goth shit is just retarded to me.
>>
File: crow.gif (472 KB, 500x245) Image search: [Google]
crow.gif
472 KB, 500x245
1. Amazing atmosphere an visuals.

2. Amazing soundtrack.

3. Good story. Typical love and revenge story with gothic tone and theme. Everyone can identify with it. He is a true tragic hero seeking redemption.

4. Good lines. That "mother is god to the eyes of children" line is something that I use every time I discuss bad parenting.

It's a great and remarkable little movie. Exactly what movies are usually supposed to be. If it was made nowadays it would have a stupid sequel bait in the end.
>>
>>63026307
This. I just watched The Crow for the first time a couple days ago and loved it. It was really campy and over the top but that just adds to the charm of the film. You can really see how it influenced a lot of current films. Especially superhero films.
>>
>>63030940
Plus
>hoped that the Crow would help give him some resolution
>it didn't
>>
>>63025576
kek fucking pleb
>>
>>63030233
Its a trend now as well. Fast7 did like a billion dollars in two weeks.

As for The Crow, I liked it at its release and it still holds up.
Also, dat Thrill Kill Cult cameo. I didnt think they actually existed in human form before that.
>>
>>63033755
Nothing of that you listen was amazing in that movie.

Congrats man, your taste is shit.
>>
>>63026307
Very much this.

I remember my mom renting The Crow from Blockbusters (it was the movie she chose). I must've been ~10 at the time. Even then, I loved it.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.