[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was REALLY good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: expanse.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
expanse.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
This was REALLY good.
>>
File: durhurrrr.png (3 MB, 1920x1600) Image search: [Google]
durhurrrr.png
3 MB, 1920x1600
>>63020017
>>
>>63020017
>cancelled
>>
>>63020387
>In May 2015, before the first season aired, writing commenced for a second season.[8]

nice try

>one critic didn't like that the Belter language was too confusing

this is the time we're living in
>>
When does it air?
>>
>>63020444
airing December 14th

streaming right now
>>
>>63020522
Can't get the damned thing to stream. Guess I'll do it tomorrow. My pa has been raving about the books for a long time.
>>
does any one know the name of the song that plays when the dude gets his arm smashed off from the Ice?
>>
I think they nailed miller's casting, but I'm not too sold on Holden's actor. He doesn't grab me as much.
>>
Been trying to get the stream to work for awhile. Anyone else having problems?
>>
>>63020017
I'm gonna check it out, since apparently the books are incredible. Trailers gave me a bit of a Blade Runner feel, which I liked.
>>
>>63020017
I liked it, but why such a long wait for ep2?
>>
>>63022893
nope, but I had previously logged into the syfy network with my cable provider, and I logged in though them. Dunno if that's related

>>63022931
The books are very easy reads, so if you have any spare time, check them out. Definitely before you watch too much of the show. It's not like GOT, where the books are huge as fuck and the TV blows through them fast.
>>
>>63023112
Oh, well good. I really just can't be fucked to watch GOT, I have the whole first season and the first book on my shelf and I've only ever seen two episodes.
>>
>>63020610
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvZeQD1Vf2s

It's on Youtube.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much, but it's nice to actually have a sci-fi show that I look forward to watching. Decent cast, the CGI is pretty decent, and I like the setting.
>>
File: serene.png (591 KB, 525x676) Image search: [Google]
serene.png
591 KB, 525x676
>>63023210
Just finished it, it's pretty good.

A reasonable mix of hard scifi and drama.

>those nuclear torpedos
>MARTIAN STEALTH SHIPS
>>
>>63023227
I like it A LOT. That said, I am really fucking desperate for some good hard-sci fi. Ever since Stargate was kill, there has just been this massive void in space-based hard sci-fi.

Honestly, it was really, really good. I am extremely excited for this show now. This shit better not get cancelled...
>>
>>63023210
Nice, thanks anon.
>>
>>63023210
It's pretty good. I'm pleasantly surprised. Thanks again, anon.
>>
>>63023210
>this channel is not available in your country
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63024532
Use a proxy.
>>
>>63020017
NO IT WASN'T

NO IT WASN'T
>>
>>63024578
nah i'll just torrent this shit
>>
Miller did nothing wrong
>>
>>63024594
Yeah it was.
>>
Looking forward to this shit if only because they're actually trying

>>63020423
This reminds me of those /v/ pics where the testing audiences would just walk around in circles and not understand how to open doors and shit, so they dumb the games down

This is the audience media is targeted at now
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (127 KB, 1366x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
127 KB, 1366x1080
>stats for nerds

kek

show is pretty interesting t-b-h
>>
>everyone back on earth is muslim
>white people are the terrorists

what the fuck
>>
>>63023498
>Stargate
>Hard sci-fi
Anon...
>>
>>63025379
ISIS won
>>
As long as there's a thread, what are the best Sy-Fy shows? I watched Eureka and Warehouse 13 when they started, but I don't think I've ever seen anything else on the channel.

Oh and Stargate Universe, that's the only one I still want to finish.
>>
>>63025379
That was an indian gypsy desu
>>
>>63023210
"the uploader has not made this video available in your country", fuck 'em

meh, it's probably shit if the books are "an easy read"
>>
What the fuck is wrong with you all. This is a MEDIOCRE series at best.

First of all, there isn't a single likeable character in the show except for the indian grandma. Second of all, I hate it how they are spreading spacer propaganda, muh "we are people too" when they're clearly twisted genetic mutants, who'd attack their own homeworld. Treasonous scum, the people from Earth should shoot them all into the sun, disgusting creatures the lot of them.
>>
File: Teal'C #4.jpg (55 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
Teal'C #4.jpg
55 KB, 500x373
>>63026441

>Unironically watching SGU
>>
>Martial stealth ships

thi is so 40k
>>
>>63033031
*martian

fuck
>>
Never even heard of this.... Is it actually good? Worth a look?
>>
>>63033739
absolutely worth a look. You can stream or pirate the first episode
>>
This show is good why is hardly anybody talking about it
>>
>>63028916

absolutely euphoric
>>
>>63034005

Probably because syfy doesn't have the best track record.
>>
Looked super cheap like all syfy shows, actors are crap, worldbuilding made no sense. I could barely finish the first episode, the TWEEEST of which was 100% predictable.
>>
>>63034128

What twist?
>>
>>63033758
I think I will... The syfy label doesn't have the best record, but this setting sounds like old school science fiction
>>
>>63034151
It's obvious bait. I doubt he even watched it.
>>
>>63034005
/tv/ tends to focus on the negative. We generally don't talk about good shows and movies anywhere near as much as stuff we don't like.

And like >>63034061 says, SyFy produces and airs so much utter crap that many of us don't bother checking out their new stuff anymore.
>>
>>63034159
The books it's based on are great. The setting was pretty fleshed out before the books were even written. It was originally a setting for an mmo that never got made, then the guy working on the setting for the mmo used it for a tabletop rpg with his friends, then one of his players liked it so much he talked him into co-authoring a novel based in the setting. I think the authors are actually producers on the show too.
>>
The fedora tipper was 3edgy6me
>>
>>63034434

Nice memes
>>
>>63034312
What books?
>>
>>63026441
SGU started p shit because all they did was focus on 'character development' ie relationship drama and I miss my mommy/wife/kids.

It started to get good right before they canceled it because they actually found a bad guy and interesting stuff like a Stargate show should.
>>
File: COREY-Expanse-books_FB.jpg (164 KB, 470x246) Image search: [Google]
COREY-Expanse-books_FB.jpg
164 KB, 470x246
>>63034551
Leviathan Wakes
Caliban's War
Abaddon's Gate
Cibola Burn
Nemesis Games
Babylon's Ashes (not out yet)
>>
>>63034434

He's just an alcoholic mediocre. I don't know why they changed his hat though, he had a pork pie in the books.
>>
>the uploader has not made this video available in your country

Any decent rip out?
>>
>>63035496
There's one on pirate bay with 1.1gb size, but it's pretty shabby.

The show itself looks promising, maybe this time syfy didn't fuck up.
>>
>>63034664
Thanks anon, you're good people
>>
>>63022875
Yeah, he's pretty generic bearded pretty boy really. But to be honest, Holden is a pretty bland character.
>>
>>63022931
The books are solid, hardly incredible. The world building is great, the action is good, the characters are decent but the villains are fucking terrible.
>>
>>63024773
Being a corporate shill isn't great
>>
>>63034128
There was no twist retard
>>
I love the books. They come out every June. I'm excited to see how the show handles the space battles and realism of space travel, like accelerating at 1g halfway to your destination, then flipping around and decelerating at 1g the rest of the way. Gives me an engineering boner.
>>
>>63036762
>accelerating at 1g halfway to your destination, then flipping around and decelerating at 1g the rest of the way
Oh, it's one of THOSE kinds of book.

Yeah, I'll give this show a pass if it can't even develop a satisfying explanation for why humans aren't turned into whipped cream during high speed travel.
>>
>be skyscraperfag
>see pic related
>get triggered
Low budget fucks.
>>
>>63036981
>Ship speed is limited to acceleration curves no higher than what the human body can handle. Standard practice is to keep ships at roughly 1g, but in emergencies crews may run at higher acceleration curves for short bursts. Crew and passengers use crash couches whose padding and injections of stimulants and other drugs keep occupants from being crushed and losing consciousness under high thrust.
>>
>>63036981

They use those special "crash crouches" and a cocktail of drugs, but it's inadvisable to do so at extremes or great length.
>>
>>63036981
Travelling at constant 1g acceleration doesn't turn you into whipped cream. You're experiencing 1g right now. The ships do travel faster (up to 15g i think) but people are insulated with "special" gel and drugs like >>63037298 said
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.