[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rank your favorite director's films The New World >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1354x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1354x2048
Rank your favorite director's films

The New World > Tree of Life > Badlands > Thin Red Line > Days of Heaven > To the Wonder
>>
Charles Laughton

>The Night of The Hunter
>>
>>63019321

your malick ranking is garbage mate

TNW > TOL > TTW > DOH > BL > TRL
>>
>>63020292
>>63019321
>badlands anything but 1 or maybe 2
badlands > day of heaven > thin red line > new world > tree of life > to the wonder
daily reminder that old malick (first 3 films) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> new malick (latest 3)
>>
File: 1428780135029.png (149 KB, 335x526) Image search: [Google]
1428780135029.png
149 KB, 335x526
>>63019321

Switch Tree of Life and Badlands and you're me, nice list, bro
>>
>>63020292

> Badlands not 2
> TRL behind TTW
> DOH behind TTW

Please suck on an exhaust pipe immediately
>>
Anyone who has Malick as their favorite is a pleb. He's not even good by 2010s standards.
>>
>all these plebs rating TRL so low
>>
>>63020408
Just curious, who is your favorite director?
>>
>muh deep films
kek
>>
>>63020458
TRL is one of the worst movies ever made.
>If you're a shit person you go to heaven which is a mud flat in Utah.
>Dinosaurs learned to be merciful by God's grace
Oh Jesus fucking Christ no one can take this seriously.
>>
>>63020408
well i wouldn't consider him my favorite but i've seen the most movies out of him than most directors

kubrick
>eyes wide shut
>barry lyndon
>2001
>Dr. Strangelove
>full metal jacket
>the shining
>clockwork orange
>lolita
>>
>>63020513
>i've seen the most movies out of him than most directors
How? He's made like 5 movies. 4 of them are shit.
>>
DUDE VAGUE PHILOSOPHICAL VOICEOVERS LMAO
>>
>>63020505
dont you have a star wars thread to be in?
>>
>>63020526
>How? He's made like 5 movies. 4 of them are shit.
honestly i didn't mean to respond to him but the text still worked in or out of context so i kept it
>>
TSN > gone girl > fight club > se7en > TGWTDT > TCCoBB > panic room
have not seen zodiac or the game yet
>>
>>63020533
Don't you understand pleb? Nonlinear narrative means quality. I don't understand it really but I know it must be true so I pretend to like Malick.
>>
>>63020541
never watch any sw to be honest senpai
>>
>>63020611
>fight club over TCCoBB
zodiac is probably the best one out of all of them but TCCoBB is my favorite
>>
>>63020509

you're talking about the wrong film you fucking retard

Also To the Wonder is incredible. Live a bit, love, then come back to it.
>>
File: Harmony-Korine-010.jpg (30 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Harmony-Korine-010.jpg
30 KB, 460x276
Gummo = Spring Breakers > Mister Lonely > Trash Humpers = Julien Donkey-Boy
>>
File: Mister Lonely.jpg (91 KB, 646x452) Image search: [Google]
Mister Lonely.jpg
91 KB, 646x452
>>63021467
>Mister Lonely

https://youtu.be/mpua8HDe6QQ

;_;
>>
Star Trek 09>>>>>everything else
>>
>>63021564

jeez, that song hits me so hard every time

anyone who sees Korine's films as misanthropic or shockteur-tier needs to see Mr. Lonely
>>
Lynch, only rating what I've seen

Lost Highway>Blue Velvet>Eraserhead>Mulholland Drive>Inland Empire>TP:FWWM=Wild at Heart
>>
>>63021679
what a faggit
>>
The Mirror > Stalker > Nostalghia > Andrei Rublev > Solaris > The Sacrifice

Zerkalo is my 2nd favorite film, Solaris is top 25 or so even though it's not really as well done as his others.. and I've slowly come to appreciate Stalker more and more with each rewatch.

in my mind Tark was the best artist. he could capture so much power and emotion with his shots, his style was almost painterly. he might have been a pretentious dbag but that man had a gift, not necessarily the best filmmaker (or even technically my favorite director) but potentially the strongest artist.
>>
Lost Highway>Eraserhead=Fire Walk With Me> Inland Empire>Wild At Heart=Mulholland Dr=Straight Story>Elephant Man=Dune>Blue Velvet
>>
>PTA

The Master=There Will Be Blood>Inherent Vice=Punch Drunk Love>Boogie Nights>Magnolia=Hard Eighth
>>
Interstellar > TDKR > Inception > The Prestige > TDK > Insomnia > Following > Batman Begins > Memento
>>
Are we going to have this thread every other day now?

>Magnum Opus
La Strada
>Prime Surrealist Wonders
Juliet of the Spirits
Satyricon
>"Comfy" Episodic Tales
Amarcord
La Dolce Vita
>Overrated Garbage
8 1/2
I Vitteloni
>>
>>63020611
>gone girl >se7en

kill yourself
>>
>>63022348
>Dune>Blue Velvet
kek'd
>>
>>63019321
to the wonder>days of heaven>the new world>the thin red line>tree of life=badlands

>>63020611
gwtdt>zodiac=ben button>the social network>gone girl>se7en>the game>panic room> alien 3>fight club

elaine may:

mikey and nicky>a new leaf=the heartbreak kid=ishtar

all 10/10 imo

>>63021467
jdb>spring breakers=trash humpers>mister lonely>gummo
>>
Boogie Nights > Punch-Drunk Love > There Will Be Blood > Magnolia > Hard Eight > The Master > Inherent Vice

>>63020611
The Social Network > Zodiac > Fight Club > Gone Girl > Seven > Panic Room > The Curious Case of Benjamin Button > The Game > Alien 3

All good movies in both lists. Both have not yet made a bad movie
>>
>>63023533
Forgot Girl with Dragon Tattoo

Gone Girl > TGWTDT > Seven
>>
>>63023359

I have no real good reason for not liking it. It just didn't do much for me, although I think about it quite often. I saw it last out of all of his films and it disappointed me after Lost Highway and FWWM

Dune is very ambitious and strange even if it's a stupid flick
>>
Darren Aronofsky

The Fountain > Black Swan > Pi > Noah > Wrestler
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.