[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thank you /tv/!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Enemy_poster[1].jpg (32 KB, 282x400) Image search: [Google]
Enemy_poster[1].jpg
32 KB, 282x400
>>
>being this late to the party
>>
Loved this movie. Can't wait to see Sicario.
>>
All the fucking theories! I fucking loved this
>>
>>63018971
You're welcome!

Best Alien invasion movie in a long time.
>>
>>63019090
>implying it wasn't a subterranean invasion
>>
File: image017.jpg (15 KB, 569x320) Image search: [Google]
image017.jpg
15 KB, 569x320
>>63019115
But then it wouldn't be the best Invasion of the Body Snatchers remake

Also Space Spiders are way spoopier than underground spiders
>>
So I suppose this guy is gonna show up in the next Avengers movie or something right? Afterall he just single handedly stop a space spider invasion on his own. What's his hero name? The Enemy?
>>
>>63019214
He got eaten at the end tbqh.

Don't think he stopped shit.
>>
>>63019214
He'll be the guy that Cap uses to recruit Spider-Man.
You join or die.
>>63019226
No he didn't. He asserted his dominance.
Didn't you see that smirk? He was gonna get all up in that octopussy.
>>
I just read the wiki summary...wtf is this movie even about? Doppelgängers? There's hardly any mentions of spiders..
>>
>>63019298
Spiders are just symbolic.
>>
>>63019298
Oh mah men , the spider are the key to the movie
>>
>>63019298
SPIDERS ON THE FRONT PAGE

Just watch it first, retard.

If you need a little more context it's a very very loose adaptation of a book that deals with oppression as its main theme.

His "clone", is the oppression the spiders create to rob him of his individuality, the one thing he thinks is worthwhile.
>>63019364
>believing this
>>
Most handsome beard ever Imo senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 348x490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 348x490
>>
>>63019432
Different beasts, both very good.
>>
>>63018971
You welcome anon!
>>
>>63019383
So the clone was spider made? Why only target him? Does anyone else see these spiders or are affected by them?
>>
>>63019521
The clone is a creation of his mind , and the spiders represent the woman on his life
>>
>>63019521
They actually targeted many people.

Remember the Doorman and his obsession to get back into the club?
They kept people pacified with trivial things.
Jake was an intellectual, and he was sorta on the edge of thinking through all the shit because of the rut he found himself in in his life.
>>63019562
>believing a this
Maybe you should try thinking for yourself instead of parroting YouTube reviewers.
Also Canada doesn't have a piss filter and giant spiders walking around its cities. It's the real world just mired in the intellectual oppression of the spiders' web as it were.
Also, Jake's clone experiences and sees the spiders too. It's not just in his head.
>>
Shit boring movie.
>>
>>63020146
How so?
>>
>>63020146
wew
>>
>>63018971
7/10
Good movie but not great. Y'all are overreacting.
>>
>>63020146
Alright then what are some NOT boring movies m8?? Star Wars and Avengers? GTFO
>>
Pretending that this film is interesting is a meme.
>>
>>63020730
>>63020646
these, you guys are looking for depth that isn't even there. you're playing right into that french director's hacky hands
>>
>>63020758
>you guys are looking for depth that isn't even there
I'd say the problem isn't that there's no depth, it's just how hamfisted the depth is.

The spider symbolism starts out ok but by the end of the movie it becomes fucking laughable. Showing that giant spider roaming across the city may be a bit jarring but it certainly isn't clever or well placed. It's as if the director thought not working it into the story so it would make sense would help give it even more impact, but it just seems lazy.

Also the movie is kinda vague on purpose. The director has since spoken out about a lot of things which helps the audience know a lot about it NOW but there's a lot of shit that isn't really discernable within the confines of the movie itself, even upon multiple viewings.
>>
>>63020893
Sounds like you just didn't understand the movie m8. I would love to hear your take on it though.
>>
>>63020893
I've only read one interview, and it elucidated nothing that isn't discernible in the film.

I'd honestly say the context of the book it was based on is key to understanding. Everything is there, but sometimes it just takes a spark to tie it all together in your head.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.