[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RedLetterMedia: A Conversation With Max Landis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
It's here, bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR-Dry8Qb4A
>>
>>63017424
upvoted
>>
I hope they subtly blow him the fuck out.
>>
Why can't they be a serious show? This is silly and juvenile. Any serious, adult interview shows?
>>
someone post the pasta
>>
>>63017453
of course not.

mike grew out of being a rebel and jay isn't mean
>>
>It's a shill thread.
>>
>>63017482
What do you mean?
>>
>>63017482
No, there has never been a serious interview in the history of the entertainment industry.
>>
Playing a clip of I, Frankenstein and jokingly playing it off as your movie kinda backfired, huh, Landis?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/i_frankenstein
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/victor_frankenstein_2015/
>>
>people tweet about the accident every day
>he cries a bit
>>
did they mention his dad and how he killed people.
>>
>>63017716
Can i get context on this
>>
>>63017424

Fuck off Jack.

RLM is getting more funding than ever, and is getting shittier in content and releasing things.
>>
>>63017738
yes
no
>>
>>63017759
cowards
>>
Wow Mike just doesn't want to be there
>>
>>63017752
hnnng
>>
>>63017797
To be fair, that's how Mike always looks.
>>
Max is so off on this video. He simultaneously complains about Hollywood being obsessed with big franchises and then saying "We all know now that you can't predict which movies are going to be big."

Which isn't even true. Like Mike said, you can tell when certain films are going to flop.

And Max complains and moans about the studios and how little influence his dad has, but is still so clearly a product of that machine. He's mad about the machine that gave him the ability to make Chronicle, American Ultra, that other movie thats coming out thats also exactly like American Ultra, and Victor Frankenstein?

Why are you mad, Max? What did this have to do with American Ultra being bad?
>>
posted to /r/cringe
>>
>>63017817
>>63017797
Where does even Mike want to be?
>>
>>63017752
Who is this jizz jockey?
>>
>>63017782
You wouldn't mention it if you were in front of him. Sure, you'd say it on twitter or in the safety of anonymous posting, but outside of your computer monitor, you'd never say it.

Exact same as how people on /pol/ would never go up to a black person in real life and call him/her a racial slur.
>>
>>63017647
>>63017752
Post more of this mentally ill slut please.
>>
why is max landis so loud?
>>
>>63017825
and the only reason max landis has a career is cause his dad had one
>>
Didn't they mock Max Landis a few times?

Why the sudden interview?
>>
Who is this skinny faggot? Why is he sitting with his ankles like that?
>>
>>63017797
That aids joke Max makes. Look at Mike's face. He's just full on "I hate this"
>>
max landis's dad literally got away with child endangerment and manslaughter
>>
>>63017825
He doesn't come across mad so much as just observational of the way the industry he's in is changing.
>>
>>63017882
Did you not pay attention to the part in which Max talks about their American Ultra review?
>>
>>63017917
I haven't watched this yet.
>>
>>63017742
Google Twilight Zone helicopter crash
>>
>>63017882
They made fun of Len Kabasinski and then had him on their show too. It's part of their thing. They can separate a person from their films because they themselves have made movies and know what it's like.
>>
So when's Latza going to be on?
>>
>>63017844
The bottom of a bottle.
>>
>>63017424

Have they ever done blatant promotion like this before? With samurai cop it was acceptable because they had a personal interest in his movie and wanting to learn about it, with this it just feels like they're getting a paycheck and Landis is way too enthusiastic for RLM's deadpan
>>
>>63017931
Then stop asking stupid questions. God, you're asking questions that the video easily explains.
>>
has max ever worked on a movie that was at least somewhat critically acclaimed?
>>
>>63017984
I'm not sure I want to watch it though, it seems like it might be really awkward, so I'm asking here.
>>
>>63017941
They genuinely enjoy Lem's movies though. They also know he's a low budget director that manages to get his movies made and distributed.
>>
>>63017882
RLM makes shitty movies too. They'd be assholes if they believed they were above talking to the guy.
>>
>>63017424
American Ultra wasn't a stoner comedy?
>>
>>63017424
>OH MY GAWD, WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

God, this man is a gigantic faggot.
>>
>Mike and Jay giving Max shit for loving paranormal activity
>>
>>63017980
How is this blatant promotion?
>>
>>63017996
Chronicle
>>
>>63017980
>they're getting a paycheck
Yeah because studios always like to spend money to have the fucking nobody writers traveled around on promotional tours
>>
>>63018012
>>63017941
But if I recall they mocked him personally along with his movies.

They made fun of his tweets and how he was blaming his shit movie on the public not liking anything new or good.
>>
>>63017941
they're apparently writing a movie he's directing.
>>
I guarantee that both Mike and Jay have infinitely more respect for Len than they do for this hack writer.
>>
his voice sounds like his inner jew is trying to come out
>>
>>63018070
>alice posting to get threads deleted
>>
>>63018057

Do you seriously not think they're getting paid for this? Max even made them show a trailer for his new movie at the start, the objective of this interview is clearly to promote his new vampire movie
>>
This is cringey. Max Landis is awful.
>>
>>63017670
I did not recognize the clip, I was very confused
>>
what happened to this one?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2091935
>Anna Kendrick
>Sam Rockwell
>Tim Roth
was it pulled from theaters or something
>>
>>63018070
What are you getting out of this?

Are you trying to get anons hard? Are you trying to get people to go give her money? Do you just like getting a bunch of (You)s?
>>
>>63018177
>Max even made them show a trailer for his new movie at the start
You're kidding right?
>>
I fucking love how Mike said nothing

Thats the best thing he could of really did, he just looked and talked at max like a child. Just pertending he was listening while thinking about beer or something

It was just max pointing fingures at why his movie flopped, and jay aggreeing

Mike just kind of sits there, nods, responds to the jokes, and waits confidently for this to all be over. He dosent even need to open a mouth to expose what a massive prentious fraud this guy is, he's doing it for him at blinding speed.

Mike may be a overweight, middle-aged acholhoic but he could fucking run circles around max in a grown up converstation. But he's smart enough to not expend himself while this pigfucker pisses his pants for 26 minutes about it being the big bad marketing suits who doomed his movie and the fact that he was tragically misunderstood on twitter

Jay probably just wants to buttfuck max or something.

Never interrupt your enemy while he's making a mistake, its bad manners
>>
>>63018249
>I fucking love how Mike said nothing
He didn't say anything because he's a socially awkward weirdo. He acts that same way around anyone that isn't already a part of his close circle.
>>
>>63018249
that's some hardcore projection there, m80
>>
>>63018249
Wow, that's a whole lot of projection. It's really important to you that Mike be some alpha male and not the obvious shy introvert he clearly really is.
>>
>>63018177

it wasn't his movie they showed you fucking idiot.

it was a trailer of another shitty frankenstien movie. that was the whole joke you fuck wit.
>>
>>63018287

>socially awkward

>compared to the guy with the girl pants, purple socks, and a haircut that just screams 'im a faggot'

Rather be autistic than gay
>>
>>63018249
>Mike just sitting there looking defeated as both Max and Jay make fun of him for liking Jurassic World
Yeah, he's a true alpha, yo.
>>
>>63018324
Congratulations, you're both.
>>
>>63018177
he says fox flew him in to promote the film, but they show a clip from a different film. i doubt fox paid for this.
>>
>Max Landis was in The Stupids
kek
>>
>>63018324
When it comes to mike, you seem to be both.
>>
>>63018355
It's not that expensive to fly into Wisconsin anon.
>>
>>63018324
but you don't have to be either. you could be jay, a Normal Guy.
>>
>>63018355
Of course they didn't pay for this. A studio isn't going to pay for a writer to promote a movie. Anyone that thinks this is paid shilling is a fucking moron.
>>
>>63018249
>It was just max pointing fingures at why his movie flopped, and jay aggreeing
>Mike just kind of sits there, nods, responds to the jokes, and waits confidently for this to all be over

Goddamn this was a real disappointment. Jay really does just sit there and facilitate Max's longwinded view of the industry. Mike doesn't do shit. I don't care how awkward he is, he should have said SOMETHING. Clearly he disagreed with Landis about a ton of things he said but he doesn't argue at all.
>>
>Max Landis trying so hard to be liked and force jokes
>>
>>63018287

if you pay attention, mike actually tried to start a new line of conversation multiple times and that autistic lando fuck kept interrupting him and babbling on

mike did the right thing by letting him talk because if you have a brain and are interviewing someone you want the person you are interviewing to be the one talking

usually the interviewers have to (and want to) start new lines of questioning/topics but this fucking shitlord just kept on blabbering on about the same shit
>>
>>63018249
I agree with this. I don't know why no one is calling out Landis' bullshit. Jay did at the start but then just decided to agree with him. Mike is silent and probably thinking 'what a fucking retard' - which is probably much easier than actually calling this douchebag out.
>>
>>63018376
>pay to promote some other studio's movie
well...
>>
>>63018386
>I'm disappointed because they acted like civilized human beings and didn't call him a hack to his face and make fun of his dad's twilight zone accident
And this is why you're here, anon, and they're actually doing something with their lives.
>>
File: 1448335988455.png (309 KB, 577x555) Image search: [Google]
1448335988455.png
309 KB, 577x555
>it's a max is still bitter about his shit movie episode
>>
>>63018396
This, he tried twice, and Landis went full spaz at the slightest hint of contrarian opinion.
>>
fug, I want a hoodie like Max

w2c?
>>
>>63018041
>Look how cool Max Landis is! Did we mention that his new movie is out the same day as this interview? What a coincidence!
>>
well that was a boring waste of 25 minutes of my life.
i expected more
>>
>gets upset over american ultra, which flopped
>gets upset over fantastic four, which flopped
>basically making fun of the frankenstein movie, which will inevitably flop
i wonder if his next movie will flop
>>
What's the twilight accident?
>>
Who is this guy? I get that he made american ultra and looks like a fag, but he's not interesting enough to interview.
>>
>>63018501
o i am laffin

his dad killed 3 people on a movie set
>>
>>63018489
He had nothing to do with Fantastic Four.
>>
>>63018501
A blood sacrifice ritual to gift Landis with immaculate supply of nepotism, performed by his father.
>>
Honestly not gonna waste my time, but does he talk about his dad killing three children and a pilot?
>>
>>63018501

his dad killed two kids and some other person with a helicopter on set

he also broke child labor laws by hiring the kids
>>
>>63018357
him saying he got "bukkakeed" was the only thing I found funny that Landis himself said.
>>
>>63017424
"And everyone tells me that I whine about American Ultra, and I didn't, I didn't, I didn't whine about American Ultra."
Fucking lol
>>
File: temmie.png (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
temmie.png
81 KB, 500x500
Kek, the third Max Landis flop of 2015 just came out and no one cares. Victor Frankenstein. Landis is the one celebrity that I actually hate with a passion.
>>
>>63018501
his dad directed a twilight zone movie
he broke some regulations by hiring two kids without required permits
those two kids plus an actor died in a helicopter accident during the filming
>>
Lol this guy literally flew to Milwaukee to defend his shitty movie 6 months later against some failed "film makers"
>>
>>63018524
>>63018530
>>63018534
HAH I'm gonna go tweet him making fun of him.
>>
>>63018534
how often does brodderick get shit in interviews about the people he killed with his car?
>>
Fuck, now we have to sit through a BotW episode with this guy
>>
>>63018561
why?
>>
Max Landis is such a goofy narcissistic loud mouthed fag.

I also had no idea he was John Landis' son until now.
>>
>>63018417
I'm disappointed they didn't talk about what was wrong with the movies. Or really talk about anything interesting.

The video is almost entirely Max Landis talking about why he thinks movies like American Ultra bomb and why some other movies are successful.

Look, American Ultra was bad, and I was hoping they establish a dialogue about it. By no means did I just want them to call him names and belittle him.
>>
>>63018526
oh yeah his friend did that, got confused.
>>
>>63018532
They actually mention how people like you who bring that up are lazy and obvious trolls.
>>
>>63018623

At what time in the video?
>>
>>63018623
It's not lazy, it's effective. It's actually the most effective thing.
>>
>>63018358
have you ever seen jessi's fat ass.

that's the farthest thing from gay possible.
>>
>people called me a whiner and i am totally not, so i flew out to bumfucknowhere to whine about it and show you how not a whiner i am by whining

i like that hes a legit fan and was willing to go talk to them and shit but he just comes off as a whiney faggot

he has some valid points but the fact that he needed to monopolize 27 minutes of the segment to say them over and over again just comes off as pure faggotry and whining

we get it lad, the movie industry keks a lot of shit up, move on to some interesting topics
>>
This was bad. Landis is so fucking pedantic. He wouldn't stfu.
>>
>>63018650
15:27ish
>>
jay wanted to suck off landis
>>63018666
nice trips satan
>>
>>63017996
Chronicle
>>
>>63018666
Yeah I couldn't get more than 5 minutes in.
>>
TL:DW:

the only good point that max makes in the whole video is "hollywood doesn't care if your movie sucks or is the best thing ever, the only thing that matters is how much money it made"

there you go guys. no need to watch it. its just a faggy guy yelling the entire time while two wisconsinites drink beer and nod.
>>
I liked it, I like the entire idea of people publicly talking about their fuck ups and explaining their point of view rather than a half assed "I'm sorry/You all are right" on social media. Personally still disagree with him a dickload but this was nice.
People are gonna grill him obviously and it's goddamn hilarious still. But damn the audio levels on his mic towards the end fucking startled me, calm the fuck down Max
>>
>>63018656
How is it effective if it's predictable and clearly doesn't phase him? Hell, it doesn't even really have anything to do with him. He's not his dad.
>>
>>63018578
There's a difference between an accident and violating safety and labor laws.
>>
>>63018656
Based on how easily he shrugs it off in the interview, it appears to be the exact opposite of effective, you retard.
>>
Why do people tweet him about something he has nothing to do with? Why does he have to pay for the sins of his father? (The Twilight Zone thing)
>>
What a loser.

Wheres more plinkett?
>>
>>63018764
>>63018801

It does phase him. Of course he's going to pretend it doesn't.
>>
>>63018656
Do you expect him to break down, cry and get angry about something he didn't do? Or see? Or was probably no where near at all? It sounds annoying for people to bring up something that has 0 things to do with you.
>>
>>63018317
He's right though
>>
>>63018810
He benefits well enough from being his father's son, but you are right it really sucks how people are sometimes unduly mean online ;(
>>
>>63018810

He tweeted about Catilyn Jenner getting away with running into an old lady because he/she is famous and of public interest.

So obviously people said "Yeah but your dad got away with murder." and he acted like a bitch about it. Trying to act like an auto-accident is worse than knowingly breaking the law and having people die because of it.
>>
I liked it. I appreciated they gave him some shit, and also gave Mike some shit over liking Jurassic World. I'm not sure what everybody expected. Everyone knows what kind of person Landis is and it's an interview. He should be the one talking the most.
>>
>>63017670
jesus
>>
His haircut is just terrible. I mean it's fucking awful. Who would look like that? And why? Who would think that looked anything other than complete shit?
>>
Why did Max sarcastically play a clip of a different but equally awful and forgettable failure of a Frankenstein movie?

Can a human being be less self aware?
>>
File: RLM Meet and Greet.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
RLM Meet and Greet.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>63017424
>cucck landis laughing at his own jokes
>it's the worst laugh ever
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 600x800
I love max and his films AMA
>>
Could have been really good if they actually had a conversation.
>>
File: 1448339724455.png (256 KB, 542x642) Image search: [Google]
1448339724455.png
256 KB, 542x642
what a pretentious fagget. he said the word "ethereal" twice in the interview.
>>
>>63018760
>>63018875
Agreed, I like it when people in the biz just go "ok this didnt work and it fucked up so lets try to talk about why" instead of just pretending mistakes never happened.
>>
>AS A WRITER
>>
>>63018889
If you read between the lines of what he's talking about in the interview as well as a few things he's said on Twitter earlier today, it's pretty obvious his script for Victor Frankenstein is not anywhere close to what the final movie is but he's trying to be professional by not shitting on it and fucking up his career the way Josh Trank has.
>>
>Mike's fucking face every time Landis speaks

Landis is so high on himself it's ridiculous.
>>
File: tarkin.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tarkin.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
>>63018881
>Who would think that looked anything other than complete shit?

I think it is time I demonstrated the full power of this haircut.
>>
>>63018925
He's making the same face he makes in literally every video when someone else is talking. You faggots are way too desperate for drama.
>>
File: 1447355741395.jpg (71 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1447355741395.jpg
71 KB, 640x480
>>63018899
>>
>>63017752
Hot damn. That girl's tits are the perfect size and shape.
>>
>>63018889
they literally promoted it, but they didn't want to do it seriously, like they do on talk shows etc.
>>
God I fucking hate the sound of his voice and just the way he talks in general. Listen to the way he draws out the last word of every sentence like hes on the verge of tears
>>
>>63018836
No, I expect the knowledge that your dad is a real life murderer to have an emotional scar.
>>
This guy really loves the sound of his own voice, goddamn.
>>
HI MY NAME IS MAX LANDIS AND I'M TOO AUTISTIC TO CONTROL THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE
>>
>>63017424
Well, I'll be boycotting every movie this pretentious, spoiled twat with the Hunger Games haircut writes from now on.
>>
>>63018990
The knowledge that the guy who directed Jurassic Park hates your family because of your dad is traumatizing enough to a kid.
>>
>>63017857

black people might beat me up though, think I'd be safe from landis
>>
Holy fucking shit you fucking retards, lay off Max. The guy is already more accomplished in the film industry than any of you will be. The interview was fine.
>>
>>63019021

go to bed max
>>
>>63019008
Shut the fuck up you nit picking retard.
>>
File: anything.jpg (18 KB, 461x147) Image search: [Google]
anything.jpg
18 KB, 461x147
he's either not willing to stand by his own work, or he knows it didn't go as he wanted it.
>>
>>63019021
Sorry, max
>>
>>63017825
>. Like Mike said, you can tell when certain films are going to flop.

Then why did they make it?

Max meant within the industry
>>
>>63018941
It's like an effeminate Hitler
>>
Max Landis is a guy who enjoys himself too much.
>>
>>63019037
Keep crying into your murderer dad's money, max
>>
File: 1427962944902.jpg (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1427962944902.jpg
39 KB, 400x400
>>63019048
>>
File: 13171-23787.jpg (40 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
13171-23787.jpg
40 KB, 320x240
>>63018881
It worked for Zorg
>>
Wow I predicted this thread would be cancerous, and it's even worse. mods delete this blatant fanboy shilling. So what if Mike and Jay personally disagree with Max? hey let him on the show not to humor him and fucking patronize him like you faggots from /v/ and /a/ believe. They let him on because they sympathize with creators that have their hearts in the right place separate from soulless moneygrabbing. It's like if they interviewed Ed Wood though not to such an extent. But none of you fucking immature underage mentality-having shitters would understand that because you have no general appreciation of film or the filmmaking process. You just cynically shit on things and blindly dickride whatever YMS or RLM say because you think you're being ironically cool somehow. None of you even know anything about film history or film language. Why are you here? More and more we need /film/ every day and it's just getting sadder.
>>
>>63018941
I think his haircut looks more like Zurg from the Fifth Element
>>
>>63019039
>he's either not willing to stand by his own work, or he knows it didn't go as he wanted it.
I think he's aware that his dead murderer dad's name can't keep him from getting blacklisted if he shittalks the production while it's being released.
>>
>>63017424
So his main points are
>IP movies generally have higher turn out
>marketing greatly influences turn out
>scripts change a lot
>mainstream reviews don't matter much
>profits aren't necessarily indicative of quality
I mean he's not wrong, he's still awful though.
>>
>>63017880
cuz he's real smart and everyone knows if u talk real loud u must be a real smart
>>
RLM fanboys really are the worst. I thought this was a great insight into the industry.
>>
>>63019124
>>63019111
Same
>>
File: BzW6TkeCUAAyTcJ.jpg (75 KB, 1024x929) Image search: [Google]
BzW6TkeCUAAyTcJ.jpg
75 KB, 1024x929
>>63019095
tl;dr
>>
>>63019095
>>63019124

agreed
>>
>>63019093
Zorg is a suave crime lord in the future 1999
Landis is an autistic manchild who can't stop prancing even when sitting down
>>
>>63019101

That's what the hair on the image I posted is from, it just happened to be on my computer and I wanted an excuse to post it.
>>
>>63019143
thanks for confirming you're from /v/ or /a/ like I mentioned. Now get the fuck off my board.
>>
>>63019124
It honestly wouldn't have mattered what he said in this interview. /tv/ would cherry pick whatever comments he made in order to complain about him.
>>
>>63019124
it wasn't that much of an insight, we already knew all of this.
>>
>>63018908

that's really not pretentious, it's a good way of saying something great that's hard to define and capture
>>
>>63019124

If you want genuinely great insight into the screenwriting process of Hollywood, listen to the Christopher McQuarrie interviews from the Creative Screenwriting podcasts or his Jeff Goldsmith Q&A's.

The first one especially is a great inside look into how the sausage is made.
>>
All he does is blame other IPs. what a loser
>>
>>63018660
What does jessi have to do with anon being a faggot?
>>
>>63019124

is this a joke?
>>
>>63019170
the only thing I'll complain about is that it was too short and they didn't have a bloodbath at the end
at least botw with him might be nice for thursday
>>
File: 1446665375675.jpg (125 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1446665375675.jpg
125 KB, 1024x768
>>63019169
>internet tough guy
>>
When you re-read this thread knowing that Landis is Jewish, and seeing all the natural hatred and aversion /tv/ has for him and his whiny narcissism, it really makes you think that maybe anti-semitism is just natural.
>>
>>63019170
/TV/ DOESN'T LIKE RLM. THESE FANBOYS ARE FROM /V/, /A/, /POL/, AND /CO/. THEY'RE CANCEROUS AF AND THEY NEED TO BE EXPUNGED.
>>
>>63019203
>thursday
Why would RLM release a video on a holiday? Pretty sure they take the day off like everyone else.
>>
>>63019223
>/TV/ DOESN'T LIKE RLM
Oh so that would explain why there's ten threads a day about them then.
>>
>>63019223
>I am the authority on what /tv/ likes
>>
>>63019243
I read that as film, and i was like "what? there's more than 10 threads a day about film here" heh
>>
>>63018801
I did it on reddit once. He was so devastated I apologized afterwards.

I'm still sorry Max.
>>
>>63019225
from the stream, it's coming out on thursday for max views of people off for holiday in the US
it's a moby thing
>>
>writes frankenstein movie
>has igor in it, which has nothing to do with frankenstein
what a daring synthesis.
>>
>>63017424
>marketing

Oh, fuck off. Max, your movie failed because it was poorly written and poorly directed. Yes, it's poorly written. If it were well written, it would have been better. Quit blaming your failures as "a creator", as you say, on other people.

Or, if you insist on blaming other people, blame the executives who have helped you to this exaggerated professional position and inflated your ego without requiring you to be talented (or even vaguely thoughtful about cinema) first.

Pic related. It's the face of a writer.
>>
>>63019243
that's because true, genuine /tv/ is growing smaller by the day. /a/, /v/, and /pol are invading and making this place a hellhole and the FUCKING MODS ARE GONE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND
>>
ITT: anons bitching about Max's perspective on the industry, despite him having a career in the industry that offers much more firsthand knowledge than anons bitching about Max on /tv/.

I don't even like the guy, but Jesus you fuckers look pathetic.
>>
>>63019223
>THESE FANBOYS ARE FROM /V/, /A/, /POL/, AND /CO/
that must be why there are countless threads about them on those boards, and none here.
>>
File: 1397075986671.gif (2 MB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
1397075986671.gif
2 MB, 300x375
HEY MAX LANDIS
>>
>>63019330
They get deleted on those boards
>>
I would have liked them to get into more detail about certain aspects of the movie making and scripting process, but I thought it was still entertaining.
>>
>>63019295
lemme guess. you only know about him from YMS? And you think Synecdoche, New York is a masterpiece because it emphasizes your shitty fucking nihilistic existence.
>>
>>63019367
why would any of those boards start thread about some film and television series.
>>
>>63019400
Because they are fanboys of RLM
>>
>>63019379
HAHAHHA GUYS MAX LANDIS IS IN THIS THREAD AND HE MAD
>>
this interview made me like this dude. Has some interesting thoughts to share about Hollywood.
>>
>>63019414
how would you know that. obviously not more than /tv/.
>>
>>63019400
>youtube reviewers
>television and film
/cel/ can't happen fast enough.
>>
>>63018894
is that mike?
>>
>>63019438
/TV/ DOESN'T LIKE RLM. THESE FANBOYS ARE FROM /V/, /A/, /POL/, AND /CO/. THEY'RE CANCEROUS AF AND THEY NEED TO BE EXPUNGED.
>>
>>63019453
I want this more than /film/ t b h
>>
>>63019465
Yes
>>
>>63019467
RLM has been part of /tv/ culture long before you got here, tourist.
>>
File: 200full-todd-solondz.jpg (13 KB, 200x282) Image search: [Google]
200full-todd-solondz.jpg
13 KB, 200x282
>>63019379
>YMS

No, I don't know him from Your Mother's Snatch.

Pic related. It's the face of a writer.
>>
>>63019495
This.
When the Phantom Menace review came out it was almost universally liked by this board.
It's funny how these complaining autists are in every RLM thread, but never in autistic TGWTG threads.
>>
>>63019467
http://strawpoll.me/3207384/r
>>
>>63019587
For fuck's sake, we had stickies when the other Star Wars plinkett reviews came out.
>>
>>63019467
http://strawpoll.me/3122742/r
>>
>>63019400
and they come here because all of a sudden ironic meme-spouting plebs have dickrided onto movie reviewers like YMS and RLM. They associate with them not because they genuinely like film.

It's why you see in the comments for their independent film reviews, you see a bunch of anime and video game avatars and people saying i didn't even see the films, I'm just here for the friend-simulator. These people don't read film essays or go to festivals.

They just piggyback off of these youtubers and spout ignorant cynicism with no grasp of the language of cinema. This is also why you see them constantly suggesting rlm to like anime and apanese video games.

These types of people that spout dumb memes, play video games, and have anime avatars, and act cynical and ironic all correlate. They're suddenly taking over film and using it as a fashion accessory while shitting up genuine discussion on this board.

Most of them are college-bound, but there's honestly no other way to put it but immature and childish.
>>
>>63019602
But the important thing to remember is that 100% of the voters were excited! We have some really strong opinions but i think it is very nice that we are all so eager to share them. Thanks for reading this post.
>>
>>63019021
>The guy is already more accomplished in the film industry than any of you will be

Easy to do when nepotism.
>>
>>63019571
then you're ok. I like you, pal. You can stay.
>>
>>63019633
sounds like /tv/ to me
>>
>>63019633
Yeah, how dare they ruin the amazing quality of /tv/.
You can hardly see the cunny threads, generals, and blockbuster discussion with this filth in the way!
>>
File: 1448218904927.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1448218904927.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>63019206
>>63019143
I'm running low on Hello Reddits

Do you have a few more?
>>
>>63019633
>>63019330
>>63019367
>>63019400

/tv/ has been genuinely less sensible and conducive to decent discussion than even /v/ for at least a year.

literally JUST bane MY meme reddit with no survivors
>>
>>63019571
You know what I'm gonna back off because that is an example of a great screenwriter/director
>>
>>63019633
Hey Max, what's it like being a shitty writer and son of a murderer?
>>
Well, I've trolled the pants off you retards enough for one night. PEACE OUT
>>
>>63019758
xD
epic trolling /b/ro for teh win
>>
Well, I've reverse trolled the pants off you trolls enough for one mooncycle. PEACE OUT
>>
>>63019116
CORRECT
>>
File: 1365203290834.gif (3 MB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
1365203290834.gif
3 MB, 200x250
>>63019758
>damage controlling is trolling
>>
>>63019571
AND I WOULD WALK FIVE HUNDRED MILES
>>
>>63019571
I'M GONNA FUCK YOU SO HARD YOU'RE GONNA BE CUMMING OUT OF YOUR EARS
>>
File: 3421.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
3421.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>63017424
>dad kills people
>boohoo people remind me on twitter
>>
>>63018908

One of those was ephemeral.
>>
>>63018501
Here, watch it from like 6 different angles including a frame by frame analysis

https://youtu.be/OrtKaykLjfQ?t=4m15s
>>
>>63019939

>boohoo people point out I'm a transparent, desperate, impotent Internet warrior troll
>>
>>63019758
Night, Max, you pretentious shitlord.
>>
>>63019633
I've been here since 2009 and I can verify /tv/ has never had stimulating insightful film discussion just a bunch of reddit tier psuedo intellectual tryhards discussing flavor of the month trash

Remember how these same redditors said waifus were the reason they couldn't have proper film discussion on /tv/

The waifus are gone where are serious discussion guys :---DDDD
>>
File: 243324.jpg (168 KB, 550x406) Image search: [Google]
243324.jpg
168 KB, 550x406
>>63019977
>and?
>>
>>63019262
Link to his reply?
>>
>>63018908
>having a cultivated vocabulary is considered pretentious.

this pretty much describes /tv/ userbase.
>>
>>63020027
pls don't bully us
its just the new users
>>
>>63019971

holy shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

thanks for that
>>
>>63020027

4chan at this point is basically a glimpse into a future Idiocracy. It's literally a bunch of retards/stormfags who are proud of how retarded they are.
>>
>>63019124
im actually a fan, and i also thnk his was a great inside baseball comentary from someone "our" age, normally you only hear old crooks talking about it, but somebody young trying to build a career is not common.
>>
>>63019971
Someone should tweet this to Landis to make sure he knows.
>>
File: FastTimes_041Pyxurz.jpg (201 KB, 1600x1205) Image search: [Google]
FastTimes_041Pyxurz.jpg
201 KB, 1600x1205
Reminder that John Landis killed this Semen demon's Dad.
>>
>>63020057
getting mad fuckboi?
>>
>>63020057
Go back to reddit and your hug box then cunt
>>
File: Fargo Fingers.webm (726 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Fargo Fingers.webm
726 KB, 1024x576
Accident implies there's no one to blame.
>>
>>63019124
It was literally just landis complaining about how his movie sucked and it totally wasn't his fault.
>>
File: 1447281841334.jpg (24 KB, 325x450) Image search: [Google]
1447281841334.jpg
24 KB, 325x450
This felt more like an ET interview. Plus this whole thing was JUST awkward.
>>
File: 1384291437685.gif (1 MB, 250x198) Image search: [Google]
1384291437685.gif
1 MB, 250x198
>people tweet about the twilight zone accident every day
>>
>>63020114

no it doesn't, it implies there were unintended consequences. you're pretty retarded.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.