[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the greatest movie of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1426) Image search: [Google]
big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1426
Is this the greatest movie of all time?
>>
>>63016339
Not even best Carpenter flick.

But it is pretty great.
>>
You know what ol' Jack Burton always says. It's one of my top ten movies. Somewhere around the middle.
>>
>>63016386
>you will never drive the Pork-Chop Express on a dark and stormy night
>>
>>63016339
yes
>>
Maybe not greatest, but one of the funnest
>>
>>63016339
Not the greatest, but one of my all time favorites. It's just one of those films you either get it (and end up loving it) or don't get it/aren't into it and end up hating it.

I tried watching it with friends and they all thought it was a steaming pile of shit. Meanwhile, I fucking loved every minute of it and found it both hilarious and highly entertaining.

It's also great watching it after playing the Mortal Kombat games.

This movie just had so much fucking personality. I love how creative they were with it.
>>
>>63016339
Its all in the reflexes
>>
File: 1446854887541.jpg (25 KB, 331x241) Image search: [Google]
1446854887541.jpg
25 KB, 331x241
Do you even need to ask?

It's also the greatest performance from Kurt
>>
>>63016339
>greatest movie of all time
>when the new Jem and the Holograms movie exist

lol no
>>
Pretty sure that's Space Oddyssey.
>>
amazing quotes

most quotable movie that I know
>>
"I know. There's a problem with your face."
>>
File: 1418228156215.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1418228156215.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>John Carpenter is 60 years old and no longer makes movies
>Ridley Scott is 70 years old and keeps directing turd after turd
>>
>>63016339

That's not jk you're right
>>
>>63016339
>the greatest movie of all time?

muh hyperbole
>>
File: F1Skc.jpg (36 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
F1Skc.jpg
36 KB, 500x600
reminder that the upcoming remake is going to be a rehash of this same story and not a series of fully original jack burton adventures like there should've been
>>
>>63017665
Hello /v/eddit
>>
File: errol_flynn_58235-1024x768.jpg (74 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
errol_flynn_58235-1024x768.jpg
74 KB, 1024x768
>>63017596
I'm in the "just don't get it" category. I usually love cult-classics and oddball flicks, but Big Trouble bores me to tears. I've literally watched it five times, simply because I want to understand why it gets so much love, hoping I'll "get it" this time around.

Can someone help me figure this one out? What is it about this film?
>>
>>63018398
You probably do get it. You just don't care for the film.
>>
Kim Cattrall was so hot in this
>>
>>63016339
Without question.
>>
>>63016339
i just rewatched this (last sore it when i was 8). Made me question weather this movie is the origin of the theme of mortal kombat.
it literally has raiden and kung lao in it as well as other netherealm art
>>
>>63016339
hell yeah
>>
>>63018859
Mortal Kombat is heavily influenced by 80s action movies.

I don't know if Ed Boon has ever outright stated it, but it's obvious this film in particular was a huge inspiration for Mortal Kombat.

The blend of American pop culture and samurai/ninja culture and the design for Raiden is just too much of a coincidence. There was a huge trend in the 80s and 90s in general to take random Asian elements and infuse it into American stuff, but the specific way it is done in Mortal Kombat is just too reminiscent of this film.
>>
>>63016339
I probably watched it once a week when I was in 2nd to 3rd grade. Fucking loved it then. Saw it on blu-ray for $10 at Target one random day and bought it before I even owned a blu-ray player. Bought a PS3 not too long after and watched it before playing any games.
Yeah. It's a great movie. Converted my college friends to understanding it's greatness once it got on Netflix.
>>
I look forward to a remake.

in the real China
>>
James Hong is not a great actor. But I love him.
>>
>>63016339
Shit trigger discipline to be Honest family
>>
>>63018735

Literally perfect
>>
I am an elitist shitlord and this is one of my favorite movies ever.
>>
>have great reflexes
>constantly telling my chick it's all in the reflexes
>she hates this movie because I won't stop
>>
>>63016339
Yes, Jack Burton is a great character.
>>
>>63019180
>The Three Storms were partly the inspiration for the popular character of thunder god Raiden from Mortal Kombat fighting video game series.

From the movie trivia on its imdb page.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.