[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give her a fucking Emmy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: patty.jpg (39 KB, 350x340) Image search: [Google]
patty.jpg
39 KB, 350x340
Give her a fucking Emmy.
>>
>I'm scared Kevin
>>
not meme enough
>>
>>63015812
tfw she wont even be nominated..
>>
>>63017251
she might be, it's a dry fucking year.
>>
>>63015812
>kevan...YOU THINK IM SCARED TO DO BATTLE WITH YOU? *SENDS OUT POKEMON*
>WAYNE...SHOOT THIS MOTHERFUCKER *HIRES BATMAN*
CHILLS FAMILY CHILLS
>>
>>63015812
Shocked how good she was.

But some really good performances sometimes don't even get nominations and they uplift sub-par performances by A-list actors that do

>A very special episode of...

It's all over if someone like Julia Roberts decides to do "a very special Law and Order SVU", this year.
>>
File: mags-bennett.png (448 KB, 892x507) Image search: [Google]
mags-bennett.png
448 KB, 892x507
>>63017557
Margo Martindale won an Emmy five years ago.
>>
>>63017394
I like how if not for how dry this year has been, we wouldn't be talking about the leftiovers at all
>>
hopefully she'll at least be nominated. and i hope kevin gets nominated too. really good work this season.
>>
>>63017689
Its been a dry year since Boardwalk Empire was on.
>>
>>63017689
why do people get so angry over the leftovers? it's a good show and if you don't like it, stop shitting up the thread with your posts that don't even bring up any criticism.
>>
>>63017774
Because its not good. It's lindelof doing the exact shit he did with lost to a demographic too young to have seen lost.
>>
>>63017840
More like too old. The Leftovers is watched by old people.
>>
>>63017860
Only if you define "old" as 17-22
>>
>>63017840
>because its not good
lindelof has already admitted that he isn't going to reveal why the departure happened. if thats why you're watching then you're missing the point. the show is about loss, how people deal with it, and it's also got some allusions to 9/11, "where were you?", etc. it's a good show with good writing and good acting. >>63017860
can confirm. everyone in the leftovers facebook group is over 25
>>
>>63017919
The show is about contrived character drama with a "hook" lindelof will never have to expand, build upon, or examine. So he gets to move his cardboard cutouts around and have them look super desperate all the time, and nothing further is expected of him. He truly can make something about the characters... at least until he started pulling cliffhangers every episode.
>>
People seem to be rating Season 2 of Leftovers as better than season 1. I thought it was better when they pretty much stuck to the book. Now Lindelof is doing his spooky mystery shtick every chance he gets.
>>
>>63017919
>lindelof has already admitted that he isn't going to reveal why the departure happened.

When I heard this I thought 'what a cop out" but after this last episode I'm completely ok never knowing because that isn't the point of the show.

Plus realistically what could they do? Everyone assumes 'rapture' so the only way they could surprise anyone would be 'mass alien abductions' and that explanation would be horse shit. Literally only 2 options to explain the events and one shocks no one and the other is just awful.
>>
>>63017987
Season One, if it had only been one season, was perfect. The only word to describe it is Brutal. And people who like s2 more than s1 are assuredly plebs. But to have such a stick up your ass for Damon doesn't at all discredit his current work. You need answers so bad you're still butthurt about the ones you didn't get from Lost. But I never watched it because network dramas aren't good. It's always a fluke drama that's weirdly good on cable or pay cable. TNT or AMC or HBO. Those places make good T.V. and only once ever five years. Is this show the best ever? Had it been as dark and depressing as S1 and actually kept the GR around, yeah. Possibly. But Damon did what HBO asked him to do... Get higher ratings. So we get a new narrative structure. We water down the sorrow and up the anxiety. I'm glad I haven't seen Lost, but I'm also glad I don't refuse to watch good tv shows because I care way too much about the names of the writers. I'd rather judge Damon after his show is over. Not before. Because so far, he hasn't disappointed me. The American audience greatly disappoints me, but not the show using Dante's Inferno, Biblical Scripture, and Reza Aslan for story ideas.
>>
>>63017987
Have you seen the show?

The show deals with loss, depression, grief, religion, and how people respond to tragic events.

I think the greatest part of The Leftovers is that, even within each episode, there are divides and strong opinions among the audience as to what certain things mean, what they represent, what actually happened, etc. Its a show that deals with people attempting to comprehend something remarkable, all the while having the audience do the same, and even question their own thoughts or who they were.

And the show hardly ever has cliffhangers and only did so recently in the second to last episode, but addressed it right a-fucking-way.
>>
>>63018828
My whole thing is that there's no need for an answer.

If we find out they all died and went to Heaven, it wouldn't change anything about the plot we're following. If we find out they all went to a parallel universe where they believe 98% of the world disappeared, it would have no effect on the Garvey's or Nora or the Murphy's... It changes nothing. Kinda like real life.
>>
>>63018959
Yeah I agree, I like the direction they are going now and I really don't care that they never plan to say 'And this is what happened to the departed..."
>>
Yeah shes great I'm surprised we dont see her in more movies and shows
I've only seen her in this and TD. I think shes in that movie about the pedophile priests
>>
>>63018045
This guy gets it

>>63018952
The show itself is a member of guilty remnant. The storytelling is done in a manner consistent with the GR.

It's tight-lipped. Vague. Easy to project your own meaning onto.

And there are idiots who think being vague is lazy. And there are people like me and you, fans of ambiguity, that actually appreciate how hard it is to somehow take vague symbols that means hundreds of things and tie them together so that at the end, they weren't random or shock value at all- but necessary steps.

S1 did it perfectly. And I'm wondering now if S2 is going to have incredibly strong final 2 episodes to really drive home every remaining question with plausible, grounded answers.

At first I thought we were gonna get some Perth and Aussie man, but now I'm thinking these little easter eggs aren't related to this years plot at all... But season three.

The best part of s2 for me has been going back and watching s1 conversations knowing even more. Now that we know Patti was abused by her parents and her husband shit on other women and talked to her so shitty all the time, her performance in s1 is even more riveting. It's nice when the continuity of character information is respected.
>>
>>63019154
Compliance on Netflix. Our Brand Is Crisis with Sandra Bullock.
>>
File: 238056.jpg (90 KB, 640x707) Image search: [Google]
238056.jpg
90 KB, 640x707
>>63018045
Did you read the book? The book is shit. Like Ardvark Martin, the author of the Leftovers novel clearly came fresh from writing for TV.
>>
>>63019258
Perrotta's novels are acclaimed. You shitpost on 4chan. Interadasting.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.