[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doctor Strange
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 26
File: mads-mikkelsen-doctor-strange.jpg (147 KB, 1400x780) Image search: [Google]
mads-mikkelsen-doctor-strange.jpg
147 KB, 1400x780
Mads confirmed! Get hype! He better be playing Mephisto and they better not fucking kill him off.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/359507-doctor-strange-cast-confirmed-as-production-officially-begins
>>
Based
>>
DOCTOR STRANGE CONFIRMED FOR GOAT
>>
>>63011620
>better not fucking kill him off.

How would they do that, he's basically The Devil.
>>
>>63011995
We don't know what role he's playing, but it's rumored to be a villian. Mephisto makes the most sense, but who knows. Marvel kills all their villians except Loki.
>>
it'll be "kind of shitty" like all of their movies.

that should be their brand.
>>
>>63012052
Justin Hammer is alive.
>>
>>63011620
Love Mads, but when will this Superhero shit end? Is Marvel and DC gonna go through ever god damn comic book ever published? Fucking obscure shit like antman and doctor strange instead of OC, jesus christ.
>>
>>63011620
nooo, mi husbando no en capeshito
porque?
>>
File: doctor-strange.jpg (311 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
doctor-strange.jpg
311 KB, 650x650
>>63012101
Winter Solider, GOTG, Ant-Man were allowed to stray from the formula and they've been the best movies so far. I'm pretty hyped for Doctor Marvel as it has to be different due to the magic and shit. The cast is pretty good so far too.

Cumberbatch, Amy Adams, Tilda Swinton and Mads.
>>
>>63012225
>GOTG, Ant-Man
>Good

No they were kind of shitty.
>>
idgaf about cape shit no more but would watch dr strange i think. i hear a great suggestion for the role of the dr but i forgot, anyone have a shortlist . he actually sort of looked like him
>>
File: drstrangehawke.jpg (335 KB, 1338x2048) Image search: [Google]
drstrangehawke.jpg
335 KB, 1338x2048
>>63012280
i think i remember: ethan hawke. i mean shit, just look: so much better than cool guy cumberpatch
>>
>>63012052
>>63012142

Blonsky is also alive. As is Fisk and Absorbing man.
>>
>>63012225
I fucked up. Rachel McAdams, not Amy Adams.
>>
File: 1351677766184.png (231 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1351677766184.png
231 KB, 500x281
>>63012225
>ant-man
>anything but formulaic
>>
>>63011620
Another capeshit I'm gonna have to watch now. And at least partially enjoy too, because based Mads.
>>
godammit.

I've avoided capeshit for so long.

Not any longer.

ilu Mads :3
>>
File: OMD_Mephisto-Final.png (186 KB, 300x720) Image search: [Google]
OMD_Mephisto-Final.png
186 KB, 300x720
>>
>>63012998
I usually think Paul Rudd's pretty great but even he couldn't keep me interested. I turned Ant-Man off halfway through because it was boring as hell.
>>
File: 111m712.jpg (1 MB, 1332x2048) Image search: [Google]
111m712.jpg
1 MB, 1332x2048
>>
File: 2hpt43l.jpg (1 MB, 1332x2048) Image search: [Google]
2hpt43l.jpg
1 MB, 1332x2048
>>63014792
>>
>>63012225
>any of those movies
>strayed from the formula
If you say something like "it's a political thriller/space opera/heist movie", you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>63014860
>>63012998
I'm not saying they were completely original movies. Yes, they followed the general MCU movie structure, but throughout those three movies there was enough originality that strayed from the by ther numbers movies like AoU, IM2, Thor, Thor 2, IM3, etc.

They felt like their own movies for the most part.
>>
>>63011620
And to think they almost wasted him on Thor 2
>>
I Want to see Blackheart family.
>>
Mads is genuinely too good for this shit.
>>
>>63012101
this
>>
>>63011620
So this officially kills any chance of a Hannibal revival.

Is season three worth finishing?
>>
>>63014927
Thor strayed more from the formula than Ant Man.
>>
>>63015688
ye, but he deserves a fat check once in a while
>>
So Wong isn't going to be in it?
They cut him out and turned the only other Asian character into Tilda Swinton?

Seriously?
>>
>>63015811
How does this kill it? Even if it had a hance, which it never did, why would Mads taking one movie role kill it?
>>
File: -hannibal--season-2-.jpg.png (274 KB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
-hannibal--season-2-.jpg.png
274 KB, 720x406
>>63015811
Why would it? Hannibal revival ain't happening for a number of reasons. Mads in MCU ain't it.

As for season 3 it's overall shit except for the end of the 1st story arc and the very last episode. I'd say it's worth it, but nothing will top the ending for S2. That season was amazing and the ending was literally perfect.
>>
File: ancientone.png (326 KB, 625x323) Image search: [Google]
ancientone.png
326 KB, 625x323
>Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One

Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>63015842
>>63015867
alright
>>
>>63015871
Something about avoid racism with le ancient wise chinese man. It's stupid, but what are you going to do. I'm expecting MJ, Gwen, or Black Cat, or maybe even the Osborns to be black in MCU Spider-Man.
>>
>>63015867
I really like the ending of season 3. Something about the blood and the way they cut The Great Red Dragon together. It is beautiful.
>>
>>63011620

>Bendyneck Cummyback
>Le Hannisexual man

>Tumblr: The Cast

Wouldn't be surprised if they threw Loki into the mix.
>>
>>63015987
I really liked it too. It's just that I think S2 finale is much better. I kinda wished it got canceled because S3 was so terrible and S2 was a pretty great closure to everything. Hannibal kills em all and gets away in NBC Hannibal. I would have liked that.
>>
>>63015871
At least its not another Generic Evil Blue Man
>>
>>63015956
Honestly if anyone in Spider-Man should be black, it's Peter or MJ.
Although MJ would most definitely be half white.
>>
>>63016060
>Peter
>black
Never going to happen. Miles Morales covers that. Why is the PC go-to race always black? Why can't it be hispanic, asian, arab, or native american?
>>
>>63016113
>Miles Morales covers that.
Yeah, but he's shit.
>Why can't it be hispanic, asian, arab, or native american?
In TV and film at least, I think it's because we actively complained.
Unfortunately when the Jews and Hollywood saw we were upset their solution was to stick us in everything and anything (even when it's not appropriate) as supporting characters so they won't be seen as racist.
Complete misinterpretation, and a very annoying one. I was really pissed off when then made Ben Urich and Daredevil black for no reason. I wanted the tall 70's era nerdy white guy.

I didn't just say Peter should be black because he can, I have my reasonings.
Korean Peter Parker would be cool, but black Peter makes more sense.
>>
>>63015871
Yeah....but....*....you know Tilda Swinton never fails to impress.
>>
>>63015871
Tilda Swinton is fucking amazing. Next best thing from getting Bowie.
>>
>>63016309
>>63016060
No it doesn't shut the fuck up. The characters should be their original race and gender. It's really that simple.
>>
>>63016309
blacks had their ethnic identities erased to better enslave them, the same thing happened to the english several times (by rome, by the normans, even by the vikings with the danelaw) and delude themselves with the idea they're some germanic tribe the propagandist Bede claimed they were called the 'angels', as an already crippled people who had capitulated with Rome's expansion across their insignificant island - they also over identified with a small group of other German/Scandinavians called the Saxons (who were probably only traders and had little genetic contribution to the english). Long story short: as an often abused people who lost their original identity and who violently distinguish themselves from the Irish solely on minor religious views because a horny king wanted to get divorced. They forgot their actual ethnicity: Britons (welsh celts) of which most of them can still be genetically traced with small inclusions of all the groups that dominated them through history, just like they've done to black Africans who no longer know if they're Sengalese, Yoruban, or whatever. What brings humanity to a person is their actual origins, which "WASP"s and black Africans have lost, that insecurity has major cultural effects and racial tension between two groups of people who delude themselves about their own ethnicity.
>>
This is incredible but come on... I just want him to be Doctor Doom.
>>
>>63012225
What fucking formula? People keep saying this like everyone just understands it. What formula is there that all the movies abide by? How is Ant-Man like any other movie other than really superficial things
>>
>>63016635
>blacks...identities
>passive-voice

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>63012280
Doctor Strange on its own is not capeshit.
>>
>>63016608
Adaptations change things all the time, why is race that big of a deal?
Making a character a different gender is a much bigger change, they really shouldn't be considered the same thing.

>>63016635
what does this have to do with my post
>>
>>63016635
That was long but it was well formulated. You did not take either one of the two stances I'm used on the internet,/pol/ or tumblr. Thumbs up, anon. Hope you have a good night
>>
File: 1.jpg (159 KB, 1296x774) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
159 KB, 1296x774
We all know fox and dc will pulverize marvel
>>
File: habbinol.jpg (445 KB, 1276x1540) Image search: [Google]
habbinol.jpg
445 KB, 1276x1540
the real dr. strange ;_;
>>
He's either Dormammu or Mephisto.
Probably Dormammu, as Mephisto has a pretty heavy connection to Doctor Doom, iirc.
>>
>>63016837
It's a big deal because it's something so simple that it shouldn't have to be changed. You can find quality actors of ever race and gender in existence. Ultimately it has nothing to do with race. I just want the shit adapated from the source material as closely as possible as do most people. But now you get labeled a racist, sexist, bigot for having this stance.

Adaptions change shit all the time because they're not feasible in real life like the giant throne in ASOAIF. There's no reason to change someone's gender or race. So it all comes down to appealing to the PC crowd, or trying to send some kind of political message. Josh Trank made Human Torch black for this reason. Bendis created Miles Morales for this reason.

Miguel O' Hara is popular alternate reality, hispanic Spider-Man but nobody ever mentions him. They all want the black Spider-Man. It's always making a character black, or a white woman. The Ancient One is a white woman in Doctor Strange. Baron Mardo is black in Doctor Strange. I bet you JJ and Disney never once thought about casting Fin as a Native American, or an Indian.
>>
File: adron_8.jpg (342 KB, 1023x1400) Image search: [Google]
adron_8.jpg
342 KB, 1023x1400
>>63015871

but shes an androneous beauty fuck off
>>
>>63017077
Actually Johnny was black because he's the director's friend, but yea. I think they also just dont care.
>>
>>63015871
Now, feel free to correct me if im wrong, but cant the Ancient One take whatever form it goddamn feels like?
>>
>>63017121
Nah, in one of his many rants he said it's 2014/15, mixed race families are the norm. I have a mixed family, etc, etc so a black brother and white sister is normal in this day and age and all that jazz.
>>
>>63016837
The western world's conception of race is utterly flawed: white 'anglo saxon' americans that dominate are not "anglo" as this tribe of german immegrants to england didn't exist and the Saxons were adopted culturally, not so much genetically - the people in the US who trace their ancestry to England are most likely to be Britons, but their skewed views of history and loss of identity about what being Britons due to many instances of being conquered and enslaved makes them cling to the fantasy of being "anglo-saxon" similarly, blacks don't have any idea who their ancestors are or what their actual ethnicity is other than generically black, much like Anglo Saxon is treated by the people who perpetuate the myth as generically white: both sides don't have a fucking clue who they are and don't care as long as they can scrutinize each other and focus on superfluous material things (trust funds/ street rep the extreme examples on either side) while people with actual ethnic identity don't have a horse in the race war: the Irish don't identify with the Italians, the French don't think they're German, the Spanish don't imagine themselves to be Russian, unlike the WASPS who think all people with light skin are the same as them (ignoring the whole concept of race as created by the Thule/Nazi propaganda specifically discounts people from England or anywhere other than Germany as inferior) and they've successfully taught this skin-color solidarity to their victims: the many different cultures, languages, and ethnically specific people from Africa they enslaved.

We need to realize 'race' is an issue for ignorant people who are self conscious about their lack of history and that the rest of the world can deny it through their own knowledge about who they are. Marcus Garvey realized this a long ass time ago, but the black communities instead of searching for their own history (which is admittedly difficult) ignored it in favor of skin-color solidarity.
>>
>>63015871
Are you fucking kidding me? We can cast Ken Watanbe as Ra's al-Ghul, an Arab, but we can't cast him as The Ancient One, a Tibetan?
Welp, one more movie to not see.

>>63016837
If race and sex are no big deal, why does they need to be changed from the source material?
>>
>>63017077
>So it all comes down to appealing to the PC crowd, or trying to send some kind of political message.
I told you I have my own reasonings on why I think Peter being black would make sense, I agree changing just to change is stupid and kind of offensive.
>Miguel O' Hara is popular alternate reality, hispanic Spider-Man but nobody ever mentions him.
He gets mentioned a lot by actual comic fans. Also, technically Miles is Latino too. His mom is Puerto Rican.
>I bet you JJ and Disney never once thought about casting Fin as a Native American, or an Indian.
I think Finn was originally going to be white, but I do see where you're coming from.

>>63017662
>If race and sex are no big deal, why does they need to be changed from the source material?
They don't. I never said they need to be changed.
>>
>>63017464
That's great and all, but again, what does this have to do with my post?
>>
>>63017662
everything needs to be changed from the source material, that's why it's an adaptation, it needs to differentiate the product. Kubrick understood this with the Shining, making sure his film was only tangentially related to the shitty book.
>>
Black Kingpin was awesome.
>>
File: mads.jpg (141 KB, 821x1023) Image search: [Google]
mads.jpg
141 KB, 821x1023
>>63014723

same

i have to face the truth, i'm gonna get hyped for capeshit because my love is too strong

marvel please don't waste based dad
>>
>>63017743
tokenism is the WASP side of the manufactured racial conflict scrutinizing their black victims through marginalization, constantly trying to change the tone of the conflict they are so invested in and ignore their own lack of history - why they have interest in the ethnicity of others in the first place.

To obscure their own backward assumptions about ancestry (because they've ignored their own and feel perpetual 'white guilt' which is actually more insidiously racist: systematized abjection for minorities as the outgroup misunderstanding and characterizing them through 'positive' stereotypes that always have the result of patting themselves on the back and speaking for their once victims) is a part of the cycle of scrutiny when neither the majority nor the minority know who they really are.

I guess I'm saying giving a fuck about race and ignoring the individual history and backstory of characters by presenting positive or negative stereotypes instead of actual ethnic nuance is a common tactic in the current culture war to make superfluous wedge issues relevant.
>>
File: Mads.jpg (70 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
Mads.jpg
70 KB, 396x594
Capeshit or no capeshit, I'll watch anything that Based Mads is in.
>>
>>63018188
even when he's in your mom?
>>
File: we just don't know.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
we just don't know.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>63018216

???
>>
>>63018216
He really phoned in that performance. Still, a solid B-.
>>
>>63018099
one group of people dominates or enslaves another, they take away their language, names, spiritual beliefs and distinctions and then at some point the serf/slave is free to wander their world with no real clue who they are.

After a while, this clueless group forms self aggrandizing and convenient myths about their own origins and superiority, something they put abnormal amounts of energy into because they were so recently enslaved or dominated.

They then enslave and dominate some other peoples who they do the exact same thing to: take their names, language, and history from them. Again, over time the enslaved people are 'freed' (slavery to serfdom is simple economics: it's too expensive to whip someone day and night when you can get them to whip themselves) The more rights the newly freed group gains, the more scrutinized they are by their guilty once masters, who rationalize and equivocate their role like an abusive parent who takes their kid out for ice-cream later a lot of disingenuous 'gifts' are given.

Both sides are bitter and lash out constantly, in the same cycle of abuse: victim-hood, delusions of superiority to counteract it, displaced revenge on some easy target, guilt and equivocation, victim blaming, new delusions of superiority because the victim is not appreciative enough of your benevolence, and so on forever.

The only answer is to actually stop giving a fuck about closure, discovering yourself and your history, looking at it for what it is: all groups of people have unique traits neither superior nor inferior - the uniqueness is important not the comparisons to other groups; avoiding the cycle of abuse by continuing relationships that should have ended by now.
>>
>>63011620
Based. Sherlock already shot Mads' brother in the head.
>>
Who else was hit by a massive wave of sadness as they remembered that Hannibal season 4 will never happen?

The world is just such an unfair place....
Big bang theory gets thiry seasons but the best Hannibal ever?

Fuck this gay earth
>>
File: a pooh to a kill.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
a pooh to a kill.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>>63018554

tfw you made me think about it again
>>
>>63018351
You're not wrong, at all. But it still bothers me when I see race- and genderswapping.

>>63018554
The first season was good.
>>
>>63018592
very hard to tell when it's some artistic choice or more likely another form of tokenism, using women or minorities as a means of differentiating your product: like a mascot for 'new and improved' that is actually very cynical and plays into the wedge issues of race and gender politics.

However, discomfort is also a legitimate form of artistic communication. But the modern trend is definitely a calculated move to increase cultural tension.
>>
File: 1434727211844.jpg (35 KB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
1434727211844.jpg
35 KB, 400x330
>tfw Mads has resorted to capeshit
>>
File: 1371358990834.gif (3 MB, 263x292) Image search: [Google]
1371358990834.gif
3 MB, 263x292
>>63018216
Especially when he's in my mom, anon. Probably safe to say I'd watch him fuck or be fucked by anything.

no homo
>>
>>63018958
>resorted to a capeshit
>not 'is improving' a capeshit
nigger. plz suck a dick.
>>
>any hope for MCU villain
when will you learn?
>>
>>63016791
Ant-Man follows the same story beats as Iron Man to the point that the villain steals his tech just like Iron Monger steals his suit plans in Iron Man 1.

like pretty much every other modern MCU film it has the most boring and flat out forgettable villain.

Most of the movies hype is purley because its conncted to this Marvel universe and the fact that he will appear alongside the rest of them.

The mexican wasn't even funny I don't understand and how people thought he was funny... he was just like Kat Dennings in Thor.

I pretty much only watch the movies now to stay in the loop.
>>
>>63019841
Similar to the first Iron Man movie yes, but its still an adaptation of Scott's origin story whereas Iron Man was noticably an adaptation of Tony's origin and you can tell them apart even with one plot element being glaring. Everything else you listed I can respect your opinion on, that cant be changed, but none of that is a formula.
>>
>>63017175
He may have said that but this is flat out the reason why. He is Josh Trank's friend, they worked together on Chronicle and stayed friends since. Had they not worked on Chronicle he would not of been cast as Johnny by any other director.
>>
I feel like Mads mijjelsen is hte most untouchable actor on /tv/
even if you hate on hannibal, no one ever hates specifically on Mads.
It doesnt matter what he does, wht role he is cast in, all teh shit is directed around him liek he produces this shit repelling aura or something.

Seriously I don't think ive ever see na single bad thign said about Mads acting.

Only that maybe the movie he was in was shit but he was still great in it.

WHY THE FUCK IS MADS SO BASED??
>>
>>63011620
> get hype

fuck off, this saying is so God damn annoying
>>
>Mephisto
>Mephisto
>Mephisto

implying he won't be the Dread Dormammu, ya know, Doc's arch enemy

or the fucking many angled one with motion capture on one of Mad's eyes
>>
Could you guys imagine Mads as Nightmare?
>>
>>63019456
capeshit is shit
this will never change, jew
>>
>>63020283
>i called it something other than "capeshit"
>i'm the jew

only cancer i see here is you, kikester.
>>
>>63020450
whatever you say, marketer
>>
Fucking Hollywood always making him a villain. This movie's casting could be better Strange than Eggbennedict Cucumberbak
>>
File: CNoMBUIUcAANJ4Y.jpg (99 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
CNoMBUIUcAANJ4Y.jpg
99 KB, 768x1024
>>63015811
Fuller, Mads and Hugh said they could come back in 2 years, after the Amazon contract ends.
>>
>>63015811
No, it's ridiculously bad. Fuller went full homo.
>>
File: ancient.png (81 KB, 287x176) Image search: [Google]
ancient.png
81 KB, 287x176
>>63015871
OH FOR FUCK SAKE!

Stop with the fucking race and gender bending for the sake of "diversity" already.
>>
>>63021425
I dont think its for diversity, I think they are writing a version of the character that is completely different and care so little about the source material or fans of it that they cast for their version instead.
>>
>>63011620
WHAT IF ITS A SMALL CAMEO TO SET HIM UP AS DOCTOR DOOM
>>
File: Godard.jpg (89 KB, 344x490) Image search: [Google]
Godard.jpg
89 KB, 344x490
>>63021489
It's not an artistic vision by an auteur director.
It's a Marvel movie.
It's pandering.
>>
File: Mordo.jpg (50 KB, 361x400) Image search: [Google]
Mordo.jpg
50 KB, 361x400
>>63011620
-mm. Could be. he's either playing Mephisto,
or Baron Mordo.
>>
>>63021585
Nah. Baron Mordo has already been cast. I can't pronounce his name. It's some black guy.
>>
>>63021583
Im not implying its artistic, im saying they are likely taking the name and basically making up an entire new character. That is more likely than literally filling a checklist of male to female ratio and there are actual Doctor Strange supporting cast members who are women that could of been used instead if that were the case. Given the track record of these movies I think what im saying is much more likely.
>>
>>63021585
Nightmare.
>>
>>63015811

yes, worth finishing. first half of season 3 is a little overly abstract and meander-y in a bad way, but once you hit episode 5 it all goes uphill (barring the bits of episode 6 with replacement Mason).

nothing will ever reach the height of late season 2, but the Red Dragon arc into the end was really satisfyingly executed. Don't let previous replies sway you, the ending was great.

//i would still take another season if they'd make it though//
>>
>>63011620
Dr Strange is one of the few comic books I still have fond memories of. When I heard they were doing a flick I didn't think much and then when I heard Cumberbatch was involved I was disappointed.

Hearing Mads is involved actually makes me want to see this even though it could be total capeshit. I'm actually kind of hyped.

Hoping they capture the ethereal psychedelic celestial magical vibe of much of the comics.

Mads is prefect as intelligent, strong and creepy.

YES!
>>
>>63024358
I think the cast, like Mads, have high standards but you could say the same about Thor with how rich it is in terms of magic and look how that turned out.
>>
>>63024358
I know Cucumber isn't well liked around here, but the rest of the case is pretty damn good. The director has repeatedly stated how much he wants to capture the psychedelic visuals. I'm expecting some nice looking CGI at the very least because Ant-Man, Thor 2 and GOTG provided some trippy stuff.

>>63024414
Thor movies might not have been great, but the Asgardians visuals were pretty great.
>>
>>63024414
Ughh, you're right. Anthony Hopkins in that halloween costume armour, fuck. What a shit-fest.

At least Mads is a solid plus over Cumberbatch.

Is there a director yet?
>>
File: thegenderbender.jpg (203 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
thegenderbender.jpg
203 KB, 600x300
>>63021630
A track record like black Kingpin? Like black Heimdal? Black Ben Urich?
Are all the live action changes race bending?

Then there are the comics.
>>
>>63024538
I dont think the costumes were the problem. The person I was replying to used Doctor Strange comics as an example, im just speaking as someone who liked Thor comics and witnessed all the magic and life drained from it in favor of something very generic.
>>
>>63012052
>Marvel kills all their villains except Loki.
>Abomination
>General Ross
>Leader
>Justin Hammer
>Red Skull
>Mandarin
>The Collector
>Winter Soldier
>Darkseid
>Yondu
>Nebula
>Crossbones
>Kingpin
>>
>>63024591
Yes exactly like those. Those are all literally examples of what im describing. They simply dont care.
>>
>>63024683
>Abomination
They really should bring him back with a not shitty design.
>General Ross
Not really a villain in the MCU.
>Leader
He never even became the Leader.
>Justin Hammer
Was a joke villain.
>Red Skull
Kinda dead but easy to bring back.
>Mandarin
Was not actually the Mandarin and even with the short, doesn't really exist yet.
>The Collector
Wasn't a villain in the film.
>Winter Soldier
Is being redeemed.
>Darkseid
You mean Thanos? Cause that nigga is gonna die when they actually have him matter.
>Yondu
Wasn't really a villain.
>Nebula
Yeah true.
>Crossbones
Is probably going to die in the beginning of CW.
>Kingpin
Do tv shows really count?
>>
>>63024683
>Mandarin
hes ded
>>
>>63025393
>Not really a villain in the MCU.
>Tries to kill the hero
>Not a villain
>>
>>63015839

>The Mandarin becomes Ben Kingsley who is actually just a front for Guy Pearce
>Only Asian in Dr. Strange to be played by the White Witch

Why does Marvel hate Asians so much
>>
>Benedict Cumberhumptydumpty
>Mads Mikkelsen
>Tilda Swinton
>Rachel McAdams
>Chiwetel Ejiofor
>Michael Stuhlbarg

that fucking cast

until you realize the director is the same guy who did Sinister and The Day the Earth Stood Still remake
>>
>>63025393
>General Ross
>Not really a villain in the MCU.
Of course he is.

>Leader
>He never even became the Leader.
Fair call. I would still include him.

>Justin Hammer
>Was a joke villain.
Irrelevant.

>Mandarin
>Was not actually the Mandarin and even with the short, doesn't really exist yet.
I was counting the short, yes. Fair call if you don't.

>The Collector
>Wasn't a villain in the film.
>Has slaves
>Wants to assemble the Infinity Gauntlet
>Literally lives in a giant skull
>Wasn't a villain

>Winter Soldier
>Is being redeemed.
Loki goes through redemptive phases too. All the best antagonists are more than just one-dimensional maniacs.

>Darkseid
>You mean Thanos? Cause that nigga is gonna die when they actually have him matter.
Yeah, I was kidding.

>Yondu
>Wasn't really a villain.
>Torturer
>Kidnapper
>Murderer
>Cannibal
>Wasn't really a villain.

>Kingpin
>Do tv shows really count?
You tell me.

On the rest of them I agree with you. And my opinions on all of the living villains vary. I was just responding to the post that said "Marvel kills all their villains except Loki" with objective facts.
>>
>>63025415
Watch the one-shots.
>>
>>63012199
>doctor strange
>obscure

fuck you

also,
>tfw no Spawn remake.
>>
>>63025522
awwww shiiiet.
they were pretty stellar with picking directors, and now this. fuck. a waste of interesting character and good actors.
>>
>making a movie about a character who is used as a deus ex machina in other comics
>>
>>63025882
This format is fucking horrible. Learn to type sentences wherein you form your thoughts like most people are taught in first grade. You typed this giant wall of text when all you said was barely a fucking paragraph's worth. Im not who you were responding to but this is fucking retarded.
>>
File: bliss.jpg (145 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
bliss.jpg
145 KB, 499x750
>fox studios taking fantastic four 2 off their movie roster was a result of a secret rights deal

>mads is the villain and his role is kept secret for a long while

>first trailer roles by

>mads' character is revealed to be doctor doom

>mfw
>>
>>63026455
Why do you like to set yourself up for pain like this? Do you cut too?
>>
>>63011620
>based Mikkelsen
Finally a capshit is worth watching.
>>
>>63026455
stop, i'm going to cum
>>
>>63025882

is it cannibalism if he only eats humans?
>>
File: cooking by the book.webm (3 MB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
cooking by the book.webm
3 MB, 800x449
>mads finally getting actual money for his work
I don't mind at all
And I will watch the movies
>>
>>63028573
>spicing after you flour the meat
wut?
>smelling the aroma of a white wine
wut?

nice garnishing though.
>>
>>63024683
>Kingpin
Dead
>>
File: file.png (3 MB, 1912x1072) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 MB, 1912x1072
>mads and cucumber doing capeshit
>how to win billions for dummies.txt
I want more Hannibal
>>
>>63026455
anon confirmed for complete total masochistic piece of work
>>
>doctor strange will have the same personality as Dr. Who
>>
>Mads in capeshit
>Mads in Star Wars shit

Glad he's getting paid but christ this is his career for the next half decade...
>>
>>63031165
but dr. who has had different personalities
>>
i'm not into comics, who is that dr thing and who is the mads character?

They both sound like villains
>>
>>63031196
>half decade
The word, dear friend, is "lustrum".
You are welcome.
>>
>>63011620

This is a cast I've wanted to see, but why does it have to be a Marvel film?
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.