[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
U WOT M8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 19
File: wet.jpg (9 KB, 232x217) Image search: [Google]
wet.jpg
9 KB, 232x217
FUCKING WHEN
>>
It would take 14 years to do right, bare minimum. Maybe after GoT finishes HBO will pick it up. Maybe.
>>
>high fantasy
hopefully never
>>
>>63009080
The budget, time, commitment from cast, crew, etc... that it would take to make this reality is staggering.

I have no doubt it will be tried, again, at some point, but I have serious doubts. I dislike weeb shit, but this would work best as a highly-stylized anime, I think.
>>
>>63009540
>>63009649
It could feasibly be done if they only followed Rand, Mat and Perrin. Sure, maybe have a couple segments once in a while where you look at the others. But there's a shit ton of filler. *smooths skirt*
>>
>>63009080
It would take years to tell it's perfect for AMC or showtime
>>
>>63009080
wasn't there a hilariously awful TV pilot that aired in the middle of the night?
>>
>you will never see Dumai's Wells done right

blood and bloody ashes
>>
>>63009080

i want CDPR to make a WoT game kinda like Witcher 3
>>
>>63009080

any adaption would probably have to be butchered so bad it wouldn't even resemble the books, doesn't help that the author is dead, his widow sits on the rights i assume?
>>
>>63009080
wheel of time is absolute shit, I regret reading the first 7 books, I will never have that wasted time back
>>
*tugs braid* never u woolheaded boy
>>
File: Zulu-Dawn-inside.jpg (71 KB, 495x390) Image search: [Google]
Zulu-Dawn-inside.jpg
71 KB, 495x390
>>63014101
Zulu Dawn is basically the same kinda thing.
>>
>>63014160
She was also his main developmental editor and oversaw the completion of the series and was responsible for picking the author to finish writing it.

I think it'd be in good hands if she was given control over it, she knows more about WoT than any living person now.
>>
Only if Rand is made a PoC
>>
>>63011531
What you don't want a third of season 5 to be dedicated to a road trip from Tarabon to Altara where nothing of any consequence happens?
>>
>>63014395

i wouldn't mind someone taking a crack at it, but i don't see how a live action depiction of WoT would work, fanbase is probably too small for a multi-picture movie deal and a tv-show would be expensive as fucking shit to make with all the big battles and plethora of magic stuff going on in the books

unless Bill Gates or some other billionaire reveals themselves as a huge WoT fan and decides to use a sizable amount of their fortune on making it happen i can't see it work very well

which is unfortunate, cause i love WoT and would like to see it happen
>>
File: 1269057231430.jpg (26 KB, 396x405) Image search: [Google]
1269057231430.jpg
26 KB, 396x405
>it's an Elayne chapter
>>
The female characters in WoT are, without any exaggeration, the absolute worst fucking collection of caustic cunts ever penned in the history of mankind.

Nobody will be able to endure them for more than two minutes. That's reason enough for this crap to never see the light of day, and there are so many more points you could raise. I have no idea why the fuck this crap of a series was ever popular
>>
>>63014587
it appeals to cucкs
>>
>>63014587

female PoV characters in GoT are worse than the worst females in WoT imo
>>
>>63014587
The only one I never liked was Elayne. Even Egwene had her moments, and Nynaeve became based as fuck and one of my favorite characters.
>>
>>63014587

i'd rather read 1000 page chapter of Elayne than a 2 page chapter of Daenerys or Sansa
>>
>>63014559
>Elayne stop being stupid and reckless you have responsibilities
>no pls stop investigating black ajah personally at least take guards
>Elayne you are a pregnant woman and you can't even use the power like this why are you on the battlefield clearly visible to enemy channelers
>Elayne pls
>>
>>63014701

Elayne was probably the worst, but i never dreaded her chapters the way i did Sansa or Mary Sue Targaryen
>>
>>63009540
You could edit WoT down to four or five seasons, tops. It has so much filler. You could condense books 6-11 into a single episode.
>>
>>63014634
>>63014687
You can't be serious

>Wahh WOOLHEADED SHEEPHERDER
>Ugh, MEN!
>She wore an ermine cloak of fox fur, wrapped around a yellow-fringed shawl that clung so tightly it left little to the imagination. Climbing along the sleeve was a silver leafed pattern, that shone in the sunlight. In her grasp she held a porcelain teacup, inset with ruby, chased with metallic emblems along the rim. She sipped it, thinking about how stupid and woolheaded men are and how women are just better. She opened up herself to saidar to embrace it, and let it carry her like a petal on the river. The cup shook, and the Saldean tea inside was warmed by approximated 3 degrees, as a ripple skirted the interior.
>Ugh, MEEEEEEEENNNNNNN!

Every fucking chapter. How is this better than ASOIAF? Please tell me
>>
>>63014587
>*tugs braid*
>"All men are evil pigs."
Nynaeve is the tumblrina of fantasy.
>>
>>63014805
as I said, it appeals to cucкs, meanwhile in Daenerys chapters, you get lesbian sex scenes, which trigger cucкs
>>
>>63014832

Nynaeve didn't hate men, she lusted after Lan pretty heavily, even though she kept calling him a woolheaded man etc.

she didn't come off as a tumblrina to me at all

>>63014805

"Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water."
>>
>>63014832
Nynaeve was great. Most of her attitude was just bluster to cover her insecurities, and rereading her scenes they're actually really funny. This goes for a lot of the women actually, especially Min and Faile.
>>
>>63014959
All the women were shit characters. They had one and only one trick, complaining about men. And they do it constantly for 20,000 pages. The men at least had other interests and topics of conversation even if they all were the epitome of Mary Sues.
>>
i want every WoT book to have its own movie and a Matrim Cauthon tv-show spin-off that lasts for 20 seasons
>>
>>63014987
I'm getting the strong impression you stopped reading by like book 5 or 6.
>>
>>63015010
Matt chapters kept me strong in the last few books. I couldn't handle Elayne's idiocy without the promise of more Matt in the future.
>>
>>63015010
Mat is a kuck piece of shit who was literally raped by a women and enjoyed it

not to say his friends are any better, or any man in this series really
>>
>>63015098

please go spam your shitty memes somewhere else, jesus christ
>>
WoT is a shittier LotR for the autistic
>>
>>63015166
nice damage control

You know I'm right
>>
>>63015217

no
>>
>>63015180
This. It's absolute shit with manchildren fans who can't accept how bad it is
>>
is that wheel supposed to spin?
>>
>>63009080
I thought this was intended to look like the Disney logo for a second
>>
>>63015245
prove me wrong then

Was Mat not in fact, raped by an overweight woman?
>>
>>63014395
Brandon Sanderson is a better writer than Robert Jordan. Mist born would be one of the best shots at transferring high fantasy to TV.
>>
>>63014411
Technically Gingers are a racial minority
>>
>>63015291
He was raped by a hot woman, the descriptions were very clear. Mat was totally raped though, and then Elayne implies that he deserved it because he flirts a lot.

Granted he came to like Tylin, but she totally used her position as a monarch to threaten him into sex the first time.
>>
>>63015531
Lol muh consent
>>
>>63011531
Mat and Perin are filler fuck them. Only character that are non filler are nyneave - she a cute!, Morraine, Egwene or whatever her name is, lews therin, and shaitan and the forsaken. Maybe have some segments where perrin goes wolf and mat gets "lucky" or something but fuck giving them anything close to equal time to rand.
>>
>>63014832
you know she's joking right. Nyneave is the only one not a cunt.
>>
>>63009080
Never m8, I'm sorry. The gender roles in WoT means it would get absolutely slaughtered if it was into a tv series or film. All three young heroines loving the main male character and agreeing to share him?
>>
>>63015793
>Mat and Perin are filler fuck them
Mat is the saving grace of the books familia.
>>
>>63014559
Literally every female pov is dogshit except Moiraine
>>
File: Dark_One.jpg (374 KB, 1024x1601) Image search: [Google]
Dark_One.jpg
374 KB, 1024x1601
>tfw I watched the Billy Zane WOT pilot
>>
File: lel.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>mfw people don't know about the trailer

ISHYGDDT

Yes, it's low budget crapfest made with the sole reason to keep the rights.

Still, it is something and Billy Zane makes for a good Ishamael.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvNYIEN1vIg
>>
>>63015917
>trailer

Pilot*
>>
>>63015896
eh, I mean I like them both, but I got so sick having so much focus off of Rand and so little plot progression without him I began to hate everyone else. Fuck Robert Jordan
>>
File: 1420693855189.jpg (415 KB, 1808x1080) Image search: [Google]
1420693855189.jpg
415 KB, 1808x1080
>you'll never see Elaida forcing that other red Aes Sedai to have sex with her on primetime television
>>
>>63015961
Sometimes I truly wonder how I managed to read every book without skipping a single chapter. I think having dual monitors made me develop ADD, I could never do it nowadays.

I can't even remember what the characters were doing during the slower books. The bowl of winds and what not....
>>
>>63015896
It takes literally 4000 pages for Mat to become interesting.
>>
>>63015997
It was fine up until the 6th book, then it got progressively more diluted.

People shit on Jordan, but Sanderson's shitty work made it abundantly clear how good Jordan was.

>Dumai's Wells
>The Seanchan attack on the Tower
>Black Tower
>cleansing the Force

A small part of the stories and action that would make absolutely great scenes on the screen.
>>
>>63015997
Honestly, I dont think anything happened from book 6 all they way to book 11 or 12 appart from the cleansing, but that was only like a couple chapters long event, with the next book being literally 1000 pages of reactions.
>>
File: dumais wells.png (2 MB, 1685x576) Image search: [Google]
dumais wells.png
2 MB, 1685x576
Aiel > Seanchan
>>
>>63016091
Jordan's writing was probably the biggest example of a book/tv series in my life where I was willing to put up with huge amount of shit just for the good parts. His world building and battle scenes (and Mat) are so good that it made it ok for me to put up with Egwene and fucking Faile
>>
>>63016077
Its funny how Matt becomes interesting as soon as you need a flowchart to follow all the characters
>>
>Faile

[my PTSD intensifies]

Agreed about the writing.
>>
>>63012694
Just for the studio to maintain the rights if I'm not mistaken. Same deal as with that one Fantastic Four years ago. The wife of the writer was pissed, to put it mildly lol
>>
>>63016204
for you>>63016176
>>
>>63015902
Aviehnda is pretty fucking based
>>
>>63016174
Honestly the Aiel flashback sequence might be my favourte part of the series
>>
File: Ny and Mor.jpg (697 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Ny and Mor.jpg
697 KB, 800x1000
>>
>>63009080
Not going to happen in the foreseeable future is my guess. If it were to be made though, I'd wonder how they'd do all the shit with the weaves and such.
>>
>>63016230
She's not the worst, but she's still a domineering, manipulative, one-dimensional character, like most of the women.
>>
File: lanfear_by_kotian82-d3c4qkr.jpg (291 KB, 895x1400) Image search: [Google]
lanfear_by_kotian82-d3c4qkr.jpg
291 KB, 895x1400
>tfw this thread hyped me enough to download the new spring and eye of the world comics
>>
>>63016264
It will all be worth it to see Graendal's mind dead sex slaves finally done right.
>>
>>63016230
I liked only Siuan after she lost her Power. All other female chars are CANCER with Faile being pure AIDS... Tuon, Elayne... garbage

>>63016261
I certainly read it a thousand times. The flashforward was amazing as well and actually unexpected. I had given up on the novels surprising me, but that flashforward and the under developed Dark Aiel village were definitely unexpected.
>>
>>63016312
Why were nearly all the Forsaken such inefficient failures?
Especially the ones who died twice
>>
>>63009080
fucking never, didn't you see that mock shit they made with billy zane??? they did that to retain the rights. they will never let go of the rights. it will never happen. content yourself with the comics, i know i have.
>>
File: _aiel_take_2.jpg (148 KB, 1038x1066) Image search: [Google]
_aiel_take_2.jpg
148 KB, 1038x1066
>>63016398
>>
>>63016091
>People shit on Jordan, but Sanderson's shitty work made it abundantly clear how good Jordan was.
Yes, it was so sad when things finally started happening again.
>>
>>63016393
First I thought it was because Jordan realized he created too many, and needed them to die off fast. Then they brought them all back to life, so I don't know m8
>>
>>63016372
Yeah loved the flashforward, sadly it was never really resolved.
>All those plot threads Jordan would resolve in spin off books
So frustrating,
>>
>>63016393
Because they would have won in book 1 otherwise :^)

>>63016426
It wasn't, because of Sanderson. He just finished the story following Jordan's script.

His writing ability is atrocious in comparison, though.

>>63016504
Aye, so many stories we will never read.

...and that other fantasy series he wanted to write. Something about Angels iirc.
>>
>>63016393

I guess it was a way to show that legends had overhyped them, also remember most of them were artists and researchers, not exactly skills that translates to a more medieval world, all they got going for them were higher powerlevels.
>>
>>63016230
literally tsundere bitch: the character up until she bangs rand. then she's just a standard aiel.
>>
File: seanchan fleet.jpg (743 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
seanchan fleet.jpg
743 KB, 3840x2160
What other series have you read?

I tried pretty much everything years ago and all of them were garbage. The only decent ones were Riftwar and Runelords and they still paled in comparison to WoT.

inb4 Malazan fanbois, literally the worst series of all time.
>>
>>63016731
>literally the worst series of all time.
literally opinion of retards and of course you're a tripfag
>>
File: images.jpg (2 KB, 112x159) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2 KB, 112x159
>tfw Sam Elliot will never be Thom
>>
>>63016731

Wheel of Time and Sword of Truth are my favorites

but Sword of Truth is very polarizing, gotta be able to swallow (and like) a lot of objectivism preaching to enjoy the later books of that series, people either love or hate them
>>
>>63016731
I've been tempted to pick up Malazan after I'm done with WoT. Why is it so bad?

Also, my friend praises the Kingkiller Chronicles constantly. Kind of considering adding that to my to-read list.
>>
>dat laughable vicarious living through rand when jordan has 3 women fall in love with him
>>
>>63016844

i'd be happy with just Aviendha to be honest
>>
>>63016829
>Kingkiller
I like it, but it's not a large scale high fantasy like WOT, it's often a subversion of that kind of thing.

>inb4 muh subversion

It's still good. Kvothe is a great character, and gets up to some cool shit. No ending yet though.
>>
>>63016818
I read the first 4 of SoT, it was very childish and naive. Does it get better? I read up to Temple of Winds.

>>63016829
Malazan is an obnoxious mixture of tropes with no real story. The novels are often not linked, the characters are written by a 5 year old, it's an absolute chore to get through Erikson's writing.

It often comes to personal preference, but I haven't found a single person who has enjoyed WoT that was able to enjoy Malazan.

Also, they have the worst fanbois like >>63016758

You know, Kingkiller is on my list as well. Haven't had time or desire for fantasy in a long time, but maybe one day.
>>
>>63016985

if you didn't like the first 4 SoT you won't like the rest
>>
>>63016174
Fuck the Seanchan, they are the most annoying faction in the books, and honestly that say alot
>>
>>63009080
Fuck.That.Shit. If they can't even get Soiaf right then how would they get this right? Just pray it never happens.
>>
File: Moiraine.png (1 MB, 646x900) Image search: [Google]
Moiraine.png
1 MB, 646x900
WoT a shit that I stopped reading after book 7 or so, but I know in my heart that Moiraine is best grill and dindu nuffin.

It's amazing how good she seems by contrast to the horde of fucking despicable female characters in those books.
>>
>>63016829
Kingkiller is really full of itself and features the most smug asshole main character I've seen. The whole series feels pretentious.
>>
>>63017045
Pity. Some of the stories sound nice, but if the execution is the same that doesn't change much.

>>63017099
Then you missed how amazing Siuan Sanche becomes in later books.
>>
>>63016985
>but I haven't found a single person who has enjoyed WoT that was able to enjoy Malazan.
enjoyed both. Malazan had better world building and more varied characters I felt. Story is there if you're not a fucking retard but the books focus mainly on different areas of the world and different characters however they are linked because it's all about the big bad. There is no main characters. Lots of people don't like that, starting over again in a new area with new characters with each new book. But the world is fantastic.
>>
>>63016758
Malazan has no characterization, bad prose, a nonsense plot (not complex, just literal hammer-in-the-head bullshit), and a 14 year-old's D&D "world" where all of this trash lives. It's garbage.
>>
>>63017110
>the most smug asshole main character I've seen
that's part of his charm
>>
>>63017119

different strokes for different folks anon, i love SoT despite all its flaws, as i do WoT and to a lesser degree GoT

it seems i have a thing for fantasy series that end in "oT"
>>
>>63017099
Have you read New Spring? Moraine and Lan are goat.
>>
>>63016758
Here, anon. I'm not a degenerate trip, and Malazan is fucking garbage.

It taught me never to trust /lit/ fantasy general's reccs.
>>
>>63017110
>>63017154
How smug?

1 being Cersei Lannister, 5 Deadpool and 10 movie Tony Stark
>>
I actually wrote a pilot for a 40 minute WoT show, and plotted out what would ideally be 7 10-episode seasons culminating in a feature film. I have since joined the military and the screenplay is on my desktop back home, but I recently got to my first station and hope to bring the computer up here around Christmas, I might make a thread then. The pilot includes the prologue as a pre-credits bit and is the first few chapters of EotW, culminating in the Trolloc attack on Emmond's Field.
>>
>>63017234
Maybe 7. It's undercut by being competent, interesting, and, in the frame story, a depressed wreck who might have accidentally caused the end of the world.
>>
>>63017285
Sounds interesting. More good story in that sentence than in the entire Malazan series.
>>
>>63016916
>tall
>readhead
>athletic
It was my fetish before the book, but damn did I want some fanart.
>>
>>63017129
>durr you're just too dumb and pleb to follow this ebin 2complex4u formula

No, anon, the formula didn't bother me. The myriad ways the writing was shit, however, did.

Coltaine was enjoyable, if completely derivative, and the author had the occasional interesting idea amid the generic shit, like a high schooler's sketchbook. But that's not nearly enough to redeem the series.
>>
>>63017256
I will anxiously await that thread. That sounds like a well-paced series.
>>
>>63017194
New Spring was good for showing us Tower life and giving us a little more Lan. Moiraine is in my top 5 characters but New Spring did not make me like her any more.
>>
okay so I stopped reading during halfway through book 2 and maybe the start of book 3.

Mat is in the magic capital as a sort of prisoner(?), wolf boy is with gyppos and Rand had some sort of battle in a castle that got invaded by demons maybe? maybe the girls got reunited with rand after being sold into sexslavery? how do i go about finding where I left off without having heaps of the story spoiled for me.
>>
>>63017581
Start reading from the beginning. Book one will take you a couple days tops and you have forgotten enough to make it interesting again.
>>
>>63017581
find a book summary or something, sounds like the end of book 2 tho

http://www.tor.com/2014/06/02/the-wheel-of-time-hugo-refresher/#The%20Great%20Hunt
>>
>tfw remembering Hopper
>tfw you see him as a pup
>tfw to soar

;_;
>>
>>63017719
I'm reading the summary now and I think you're right, book 2 seems familiar and the start of book 3 doesn't ring any bells.

I think i'll go with >>63017690 either way. While reading the summary I noticed that some crucial details were lost to me. Thanks guys, now if you'll excuse me, I have some reading to do.

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog.
>>
>>63015044
Book 8 or 9 I think. The one that is 900 pages and only takes place during one day where Rand stares at himself in a mirror for 400 pages being emo because he has 3 hot wives and is all-powerful and where Mat sits in a field waiting for his hot future destiny wife to show up and be a huge bitch like all the females and where Perrin walks around looking for his bitch wife for the whole book. And nothing in the plot happens at all. What a waste of time.
>>
>>63017897
the books around 8-10 are so fucking boring
>>
>>63011531

Cut everyone else and follow Mat desu
>>
>>63015251
Its a retelling of the bible in high fantasy. Does that make it good or bad? Who the hell knows.
>>
>>63014515
Not that sizable, I mean you could do it really well for like half a billion. That's not that much to Gates, though outside of the .01% that is a pretty huge number.
>>
>>63015961
You didn't get the story or what was written at all did you? The entire point is that rand is both focal and completely unimportant to the whole thing.
>>
>>63009540

Never happen. Too long, too many characters, too fucking many plots.
>>
File: Elin Morin Tedronai.jpg (38 KB, 375x594) Image search: [Google]
Elin Morin Tedronai.jpg
38 KB, 375x594
>>63018158
>Rand is unimportant to the whole thing
>>
>>63018238
Well he is, do you think the pattern wouldn't throw out a stopgap to fill in if he had fallen?
One of the questions dealt with in gathering storm was one of if he had any choice in anything at all since the pattern controlled his destiny.
>>
>>63017256
>>63017395
Thanks. EotW actually translates really well to 10 episodes.
1: as outlined above
2: The road from Emmond's Field to Baerlon, takes some time for more backstory introducing the setting as ep. 1 is more plot and character introduction Channeling, Trollocs and Fades, Aes Sedai, etc.
3: Baerlon, Min, Nyneave.
4: Shadar Logoth, ends with the group getting split up
5: Thom "dies" and Rand and Mat evade Darkfriends on the road, Ba'alzamon appeara in dreams
6: Perrin and Egwene encounter Gleemen, wolves, Children
7: Rand and Mat in Caemlyn, Logain, Elayne, Gawyn, Galad, Morgase
8: the group reunites and is joined by Loial, they travel through the Ways to Shienar
9: from Fal Dara into the Blight, ends outside the Eye
10: Eye of the World, Green Man, final battle vs Aginor and Balthamel
>>
>>63018316
it's arguable no one had any choice, does that make them all unimportant? The wheel chose Rand. Whether he had any choice is irrelevant to his importance.
>>
>>63018411
>it's arguable no one had any choice,
Did you miss all of the end of gathering storm or what?
>>
>>63015503
kill yourself, the quicker the better
>>
>>63015503
He's good at stories. As long as he stays away from the script, I'm sure a Mistborn tv series would be great. But reading that shit was embarrassing.
>>
3 waifus is pushing it. Thats mary sue territory
>>
>>63020098
you need to change it up every eight hours
>>
no way they make channelling look right

it will either be some Hallmark "staring at people until they set on fire" or an even worse CGI fest of weaves flying all over the place

also I can't imagine a male channeling saidin without him looking like barfing so the audience understands the taint of the source
>>
>>63017581
all you need to know about wot:

read books 1-3

read last book

skip everything in between

you are now done
>>
>>63020760
Slight amendment, read Mat's chapter's for the whole series.
I quite like this series, it was my first high fantasy book series for adults I read. I started when I was around 11 and now I can see it's faults and honestly I struggle to re-read (possibly because I've read it so many times already) it but it still has a place in my heart.
>>
anyone else hate MIn. Bitch was a walking spoiler.
>>
>>63020760
>>63020832
I would also read Rand's and he probably averages about 10% each book from 5-12 or so so it's not a huge ask and he's most important/shit happens in his chapters. Everything else is just tedious
>>
Only way it would work would be a ten season anime

Live action a shit
>>
>Rand wants to be hardcore but totally not bene gesserit won't let him
>>
>>63021936
>totally not bene gesserit
who are you referring to?
>>
>>
>His strength in the power is ++1, putting him above all other channelers in the series except Rahvin and Moridin.
>++1
what the fuck does this mean? If it's in the books I have completely forgotten.
- http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Rand_al'Thor
>>
/wot/'s thoughts on Taimandred killed Asmodean being irrefutable fact?
>>
What is a coherent, succinct summary of this series?

I tried to explain it to a coworker and it was just word salad.
>>
>>63016985
>Malazan is an obnoxious mixture of tropes with no real story. The novels are often not linked, the characters are written by a 5 year old, it's an absolute chore to get through Erikson's writing.

Are you daft? If anything I'd argue Malazan writing and structure is written in such a style that it's almost linked together too much, which by itself is a major obstacle unless you really get into the series and pay attention while reading. Especially the first book where people just lose interest because they can't keep up.
>>
File: eva-green-300.png (134 KB, 358x321) Image search: [Google]
eva-green-300.png
134 KB, 358x321
>eva green will never play the lady in a black company adaptation
>>
>>63024347
Malazan is based on a roleplaying campaign. It's fucking garbage to the core, Feist-tier.
>>
File: 1440538395786.png (122 KB, 298x288) Image search: [Google]
1440538395786.png
122 KB, 298x288
>>63011531
>smooths skirt
>not tugs braid
>>
>>63014230
same for me. I just couldn't handle how the women were written in the later books.
>>
I hated how the last sentence was written in the fourteenth book, just couldn't handle it
>>
File: 1445440791571.png (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1445440791571.png
23 KB, 300x300
>>63024378

>eva green will never be lanfear
>>
>>63024387
>Feist is garbage
fuck you pal
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.