[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I watch these in chronological order or by order of release?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png (109 KB, 2000x1207) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png
109 KB, 2000x1207
Should I watch these in chronological order or by order of release?
>>
Just read the Wikipedia pages instead. There are too many good films to be wasting your time on this trash this late
>>
>>63006445
>There are too many good films to be wasting your time on this trash this late

Such as?
>>
>>63006415
It was released in chronological order you stupid fucking faggot
>>
>>63006415
watch the OT, which is great.

then if you're curious watch the prequel trilogy, but these are just awful.
>>
Don't watch it at all
>>
>>63006545
This is a meme opinion (meaning no opinion of his own just parroting what hes read)
>>
>>63006515
No...no, it wasn't, retard.
>>
File: SehgO.png (37 KB, 1017x484) Image search: [Google]
SehgO.png
37 KB, 1017x484
>>63006515
>being this stupid
>>
>>63006515
>thinking he is actually right
>not knowing the word 'chronological'
>being this dumb
>>
>>63006678
Flashbacks aren't time travel, jesus christ.
>>
>>63006515
+1 because i want to feel good about myself and i saw other people doing it
star wars is hella epic btw
>>
>>63006515
You're a dumbass.
>>
>>63006755
>>63006716
The prequels are a retelling by Anakin and Obi Wan. They don't actually take place in the past, it's still the present.

Think of Deer Hunter
>>
>>63006904
jesus christ you're a moron
>>
>>63006922
Why? Refute what I said. Lucas himself has said that the prequels are like a flashback, pieced together from memory, not necessarily what happened.

look it up
>>
>>63006415
Just watch the originals.
>>
>>63007539
You mean original in terms of release or the story itself?
>>
>>63006415
>junk this thread.
How did you manage to turn on the computer OP.
>>
>>63006576
So, good sir, what do you think of Star Wars Episodes 1-3?
Specifically stuff like the plot, overarching story and cinematic exposition, cinematography, special effects, acting, characters, story consistency, dialogue, pacing, editing?
>>
>>63006576
>This is a meme opinion
Preferring the OT to the PT is a meme opinion? You honestly comfort yourself by trying to convince yourself that masses of people are just blindly disregarding the PT because it's the cool thing to do?

Fucking kek
>>
>>63007878
>plot
a bit wonky in places but stronger than people give it credit for
>overarching story and cinematic exposition
the overarching story is pretty great on paper
>cinematography and special effects
some of it look beautiful but a lot was ultimately let down by the limitations of the tehcnology. the ideas were good but the technology could not translate them into realistic onscreen scenes
>acting
largely wooden, obi-wan and sheev being outliers
>characters
more complex than people give credit for, a bit 2d though for some
>story consistency
most things in the prequels gel perfectly with the ot if you actually put a little bit of fucking thought into it. 1000 years vs. 1000 generations was a cock up though
>dialogue
some good lines, largely poor
>pacing
alright
>editing
I can't think of any example of bad editing
>>
>>63006415

You shouldnt
>>
File: podracing.jpg (41 KB, 269x401) Image search: [Google]
podracing.jpg
41 KB, 269x401
order of release. The prequels, while worse movies for the most part, are more entertaining and extremely flashy. Going from having a ton of jedi jumping around like its the Matrix to having 1 guy slowly becoming a Jedi is a big drop in fun.
>>
>>63008154
A New Hope is paced really well but yeah going from Anakin vs. Obi-Wan and Yoda vs. Sidious to Vader vs. Ben is like going from podracing to rowing
>>
>>63006415
This order is the only acceptable one

>new hope
>empire
>return

>>63008008
you should try harder next time, you gave yourself away from the start buddy
>>
>>63008617
???
>>
>>63008666
uh?
>>
>>63006415

Just watch New Hope, Empire and Return of the Jedi. Skip the new CG movies if you have any self-worth.

Don't watch the CG cartoons. Don't read Star Wars books or comics. Maybe play a handful of the games like KOTR or the old Battlefronts.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.