[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else wish the MCU had individual tones and styles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Does anyone else wish the MCU had individual tones and styles depending on the source material and the director's vision, instead of them all looking identical and visually bland?

I wish Thor had a more "Conan The Barbarian in space" thing going on, and Captain America had a more "Saving Private Ryan" feel.
>>
>>63005778
Why deviate from a formula that continues to work? They will keep putting out the same film until it no longer makes money.
>>
iron man 3 was a watered down version of Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. which meant it was still pretty fun and Shane Black.
>>
>>63005778

Do you even watch this shit? They all have different genres and styles.
>>
>>63006350
This

Also, its much easier to make crossover movies like Avengers when all the movies are similar in tone and style
>>
The Avengers films are just Iron Man films, but the other ones do generally have their own distinct atmospheres.
>>
>>63006650
Not OP but you're wrong. they all look the same. We do need a more profound difference.

Take for example Spiderman 2 (colorful, cheerful) and TDK (dark, greedy). They're completely different in style (although both are capeshit) and I think that's what OP means.
>>
>>63006950
Phase 1 of the MCU they were approaching different directors with different styles. Brannaugh's Thor has all kinds of weird dutch angles and a strong fantasy element while faverau's iron man was a quirky buddy movie.

The Avengers box office prompted the homogonization
>>
>>63007046
I don't think Thor was that distinctive. The fantasy elements were present because they were in the source material, that was an obligation rather than an artistic decision. Visually and tonally the movie is identical to the first Iron Man.
>>
>>63007120
I agree
>>
MCU series on Netflix have a different vibe
>>
>>63007218
DUDE REDDIT LMAO

DUDE DRUGS DONT ACTUALLY PROVIDE ANY INSIGHT THEY JUST MAKE THE MUNDANE SEEM DEEP LMAO

DUDE EGO DEATH IS A MEME LMAO

DUDE DRUG INDUCED EGO DEATH IS NOT REAL BECAUSE NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM THE SUM OF OUR EXPERIENCES WITHOUT PERMANTENTLY DAMAGING THE BRAIN LMAO
>>
>>63006950
>greedy
>>
I actually think most of the individual DC and Marvel heroes should exist in seperate universes. I hate the idea of Avengers and Justice League.

The idea of a world where every week there's an alien, mad scientist, demon, terrorist, mutant attacking is too dumb.

It's like the inclusion of ghosts in the X-files. Like, holy shit, the afterlife exists, who cares about aliens?
>>
>>63007238
how many threads have you tried to force this crap meme into?
>>
Marvel branches out sometimes.

I'd say Guardians of the Galaxy felt completely different from the other Marvel movies.
>>
>>63005778
>and Captain America had a more "Saving Private Ryan" feel.

I'm very glad this did not happen.
>>
>>63009013
>I'd say Guardians of the Galaxy felt completely different from the other Marvel movies.

That's because James Gunn had complete freedom to do what he wanted. He wasn't held back by executives
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.