[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How in the world would a fucking animal know it was being tracked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault.jpg (46 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
46 KB, 480x360
How in the world would a fucking animal know it was being tracked using thermal cameras?
>>
Humans are animals too, retard.
>>
>>63003570

maybe it sees infared and assumed all cameras were thermal
>>
>>63003570
It wouldn't, the entire idea behind this animal is nonsense. They act like it has human-like intelligence yet its DNA consists of nothing but dumb reptile genes. It makes literally no sense.
>>
>>63003592
Okay sure, so we skipped a step. Why the fuck does a giant lizard KNOW WHAT CAMERAS ARE.
>>
File: 1306249037669.jpg (18 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1306249037669.jpg
18 KB, 200x200
>>63003614

yet its DNA consists of nothing but dumb reptile genes
>>
>>63003627

because it has human level intelligence?
>>
>>63003614
They spliced in some Reptilian Alien DNA.
>>
>>63003633
Whatever, nigga. The point is there's no accounting for its intelligence, since it has no human/primate DNA. All other animals, with maybe the exception of Whales and Dolphins, are thick as fuck.
>>
>>63003614
Like raptors?
>>
File: gotgdanceoff-139697.jpg (112 KB, 655x380) Image search: [Google]
gotgdanceoff-139697.jpg
112 KB, 655x380
Why didn't they just give it human DNA so it would have the power to distract people with a dance off?
>>
>>63003570
Is this about it removing the tracker? I don't think it fully understood like a person would, it just wanted the tracker out
>>
>>63003680
The intellect of the raptors is hugely exaggerated also, especially in JW. I mean in JP they were smart (ish) but only on primitive level still, nowhere near the level of Humans. But in JW they're more like human-reptillian dogs or something. Everything in these movies is total horseshit and doesn't stand up to any kind of critical analysis or scrutiny.
>>
Why was the evil dinosaur white?
>>
Isn't it always given that clever girls are smarter than humans and if they have 1000 years they would develop civilization?
>>
>>63003751
I especially liked when the raptor and rex helped each other, then stared each other down, nodded in respect, and went their separate ways.
Holy shit was that fucking awful.
>>
>>63003724
This, it knew they put something i there, i guess that it felt like a nipple ring.
>>
>>63003671

Actually some bird species are smart as fuck. The only non primate animal in the world that uses (and even creates) tools is a type of crow. The same type of crow can solve problems with multiple unrelated steps for rewards (a feat that only apes and sea mammals otherwise achieve). Wild crows have proven that they can not only creatively solve problems (taking shiny objects to feeding machines, dropping walnuts at pedestrian crossings so cars break them open), but can also communicate the solutions to other crows.

There have also been parrots that were tested as having the intelligence of 5 year old children. This is all while having tiny as fuck brains of course. A bird with a much better body/brain size ratio (like a troodontid or dromaeosaurid) would probably be pretty damn smart. There's good reason to believe that they'd be at least as smart as the smartest non human animals alive today.
>>
>>63003724
In order to escape the cage, it lowered its body heat. I think OP is pointing out that it has no reason to believe that lowering its body heat would do anything. Even a HUMAN in that sort of cage wouldn't necessarily think 'those cameras must be thermal.'

But to your point: if it just wanted the tracker out... why not just do it in the cage months ago? It clearly thought it would be used to track it, and only ripped it out once it escaped. (AND used it as a trap)

Yeah, the Rex was waaaaaay too intelligent to be realistic.
>>
>>63003570
>hey guys remember when we tried this idea for a dinosaur park and preserve and shit got real crazy and a t-rex wrecked a bunch of shit?
>let's do it again except we'll make a dinosaur that is bigger and smarter because what could go wrong?
>>
>>63003570
Animals can be pretty fucking smart if you leave them to their own devices.
>>
>>63003980
>>63003980
in addition to this. Just look at what these 2 animals were capable of. It's not that much of a stretch to imagine an apex predator that was created from creatures that lived on the planet for millions of years. compare that to our meager 20,000 reign as humans.

>>63003627
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Allen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Tom_%28killer_whale%29
>>
>>63003652
Oh yeah, someone who has never seen a camera before knows what it is when he sees it.

ffs
>>
>>63003570
Because other animals in the real world have thermal vision. Having a feature in your DNA to allow you to blend your thermal signature to that of your environment would be like various real world animals blending their skin to do the same thing. When any of these animals are frightened or hunting they use these features.

That doesn't mean it knew there were thermal cameras. It was just using what it has instinctively. The tracker on the other hand was blinking and making noise. Yeah, I'd dig that fucker out too. It is probably annoying as fuck. I assume the blinking lights and sound only turned on when it was known to have escaped to help them find it easier for various reasons. Having that shit light up under your skin when nothing had been there to do that before well....
>>
File: alg_gummy_worm_102510.jpg (29 KB, 485x362) Image search: [Google]
alg_gummy_worm_102510.jpg
29 KB, 485x362
>>63003570
In an earlier draft of the script, it was to be revealed that Indominus was designed as a military weapon, primarily.

It hid itself thermally because it was programmed to.

That's why Wu was all like "I can't tell you what its in it".
Because he wasn't actually working for Ingen when he designed it.

But that the actual dialogue that explains what the Indominus really is was cut.

So we have like the bits and pieces of that script, without much explanation
>>
File: salute.jpg (20 KB, 600x378) Image search: [Google]
salute.jpg
20 KB, 600x378
>>63004041
>Old Tom
Based whale
>>
>>63003570

lots of prey animals do this naturally to avoid snakes etc
>>
>>63003570
Because it kills...for sport
>>
>>63003671

the whole premise of 3/4 jurassic park movies is that raptors are as smart if not smarter than humans

They even use language in 2 of them

If this aint bait then you need to rewatch these movies or stop commenting on them
>>
>>63004515
>3/4 of jurassic park movies

Aka, the retarded ones
>>
>>63003671
You don't interact with animals much do you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqWv4X8OhkA
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.