[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tv/, 23 year old male here, and huge pussy. I'm a big
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Hey /tv/, 23 year old male here, and huge pussy. I'm a big fucking bitch and can't do horror or scary. Last time I went through a 'haunted house' (21), I cried. I can't ever watch scary movies. One of the main things that gets me is the gore and seeing people suffer/get tortured. I want to try and ween myself in, but I want to steer as far away from the gore as I can for now.

What are some good horror flicks with minimal to no gore? There's gotta be something.
>>
Session 9
grave encounters
rosemarys baby (?)
>>
Fám, it's just a movie.
>>
Prince of Darkness
>>
Creepshow is a lot of fun and it doesn't have all that much gore. If you can handle seeing a zombie for a minute or two this should be fine.

The Amityville Horror is another classic psychological horror movie. If you can handle the scene with the walls bleeding it's also a great one.

Halloween has next to no blood whatsoever as far as I remember.

These movies all have their intense moments, but as long as we're talking about horror movies that are actually worth watching there aren't a lot of baby steps available to take.

Oh also The Blair Witch Project. All psychological.
>>
>>63000153
Watch the 1970s Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Despite its reputation, there's barely any blood and its actually just a really great film
>>
>>63000319
I second Creepshow, it's very fun and light hearted, it's the kinda horror movie you would show to your kids, it has a good sense of humor and is still a horror movie without being overly cruel or violent. Trick'r'Treat is also in the same category.
>>
I too used to be a massive pussy, OP. Eventually what I started doing was cheering for the villain. If you view the villain as the protagonist and wonder if he'll manage to successfully kill everyone, the movie isn't as scary. After doing this for a few movies your vagina will be replaced with a true nutsack.

First movie I did this with was Texas Chainsaw Massacre. When I was a kid a bunch of girls wanted to watch a scary movie with me and my bros. I had two choices - let them know I was a pussy, or enjoy homicide like a sociopath.
>>
>>63000153
Don't Look Now is unsettling with no violent scenes
>>
>>63000153
Most of the most famous horror movies like Halloween, The Shining, The Exorcist etc. have very little gore in all honesty.
>>
>>63000153
you should watch Evil Dead. Try Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn and then Army of Darkness. It lends humor and slapstick with good, fun and gory haunted house effects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoLOhvn8O1o
>>
>>63000400
>Evil Dead
If gore is one of the things that bothers him the most then The Evil Dead is one of the last movies I'd start him off on.
>>
>>63000332
The only gore is really the girls finger getting cut, which was real
>>
>>63000426
There's some blood when the guy gets his head bashed in with a hammer, when Leatherface cuts his leg and when the hitchhiker gets fucking smushed by that truck.
>>
>>63000400
>>63000420
Nah, I agree. Evil Dead is the best place to start. Yes, it's gory, but it's also funny. Being able to laugh at the things that frighten you is the best way to conquer your fears.
>>
>>63000465
ED1 isn't even all that funny though. I would agree with ED2 though. But then again I never recommend anybody start that series with ED2. I don't know man I guess it's OP's call.
>>
>>63000465
This.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.