[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fargo S2E7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: Undertaker.jpg (22 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Undertaker.jpg
22 KB, 720x404
I really didn't understand this episode's point very well. Why did they not show us Hanzee going after Ed and Peggy? Why didn't they show him killing the two state patrolmen? Why did they just completely skip over that for the sake of a much less interesting plotline? The wife snitching on the Kansas boys, the Undertaker plotline and the girl that wants to bust a nut getting her deserved death were all plotlines that should have been shortened for the sake of the one that actually matters.

Not to mention the fact they wasted a lot of time with the stupid drawings that I am gonna assume is related to aliens because what the fuck is this show even doing? This alien shit is getting retarded and there's basically no way the pay off will be good. Either they're gonna actually show us aliens and it will be fucking stupid and hilarious, or it will all be a metaphor that will be stupid and time-wasting or they'll make it not very clear and have it be the whole generic "WHO KNOWS?" cliche bullshit in the finale

Not gonna lie, the last two episodes were excellent, but this one was really fucking disappointing. It feels like there's a pretty important episode missing between the last one and this one.

Also, Mike Milligan sucks. There, I said it.
>>
Yeah, this felt like filler
>>
I mostly agree with you but Mike was actually the only saving grace of this otherwise mediocre episode
>>
>>62998720
They'll show that next episode, kiddo.
>>
Bear aside this episode sucked
I'm glad the whore is finally dead, though, or if she isn't at least she isn't coming back
>>
The girl is still alive, Bear let her run off.
>>
>>62998743
But now we know that Ed and Peggy are safe and have Dodd in his truck. Even if the expected twist of Hanzee turning against Dodd comes up, it won't be nearly as surprising if they actually pulled the trigger this episode, instead of switching up the chronology for no reason.
>>
I've been able to buy most of this show so far, but are you really fucking telling me that Mike and his group of at least 20 people managed to siege the Geirdhart house, and instead of killing everyone inside and blowing it up, they just shot at the windows for a bit and then left?
That's fucking retarded.
>>
File: Fargo-Aces.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Fargo-Aces.gif
3 MB, 500x281
>>62998720
The reason could be as simple as budget, or could be as complex as theme.
It was a good episode though, you sound like a pleb.
>>
>>62998799
Yeah, that was stupid and made no god damn sense.

Another thing that made no sense was the cops somehow missing Ed and Peggy. They saw Ed running towards the house, they were fucking driving to the house and they were so slow that Ed and Peggy were able to talk to each other, communicate their plans, put Dodd on the back trunk and just run away? And then no cops caught them in the checkpoints?
Lou shouldn't be calling other people shit cops, he fucking sucks too.
>>
>>62998720
The cast already did interviews over the Alien stuff and basically spoiled it.

> “[Creator Noah Hawley] wants the audience to believe what they want to believe. He always intended it to be a weather balloon. But in the 70s imagination and the fear that’s going on . . . that’s what’s playing on these people’s psyche, this kind of collective delusion and how impressionable they all are. I think it was more that than it was any aliens. I never felt that there were aliens. Also the xenophobia of not just that state but probably our whole country. Remember, we just came out of Khrushchev and Nixon and we’re terrified of the Cold War and Vietnam, and everyone foreign was always a threat. I think he was just trying to play into that.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/10/fargo-season-2-aliens-ufo
>>
>>62998840
They weren't driving to the Blomqvist house and they never implied they did.
They just said they knew where Ed was going.
The fucking police precinct was under siege, they had more important things to worry about.
>>
why aren't the Feds involved yet?
Dozens of dead civilians, dead cops, a dead lawyer, a dead judge, knowledge of an interstate gang war.
>>
File: ayy lmao.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
I think I'm only watching this for the aliens now.
>>
>>62998720
>Not to mention the fact they wasted a lot of time with the stupid drawings

How did they waste time with a 2 minute scene in an already extended episode? Guess what I'm shaking right now
>>
File: Pepe9.jpg (6 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
Pepe9.jpg
6 KB, 194x259
>>62998720
>implied offscreen murder of a female
>danny boy starts playing
>>
File: 1308655938740.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1308655938740.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>62999516
>yfw ayys make an appearence in the finale
>>
>>62999289
Its the the midwest in the 70s, and they already know who's doing the killing.
Things were a lot simpler back then.
>>
>>62998720

>much less interesting plotline?

Why is it less interesting? because KILLING PPL IS EBIN!!!! ?

Fuck off retard
>>
Once again /tv/ showing the depths of their retardation. Answers for last night's episode will come next week. Focus on the supporting characters is necessary. There are going to be big consequences for many of the actions that took place last night.

Stop bring being so god damn dumb.
>>
File: Fargo 2x07 in 120s.webm (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Fargo 2x07 in 120s.webm
3 MB, 320x180
>Erstwhile on Fargo
>>
>that one guy that said Futurama was a good show last thread
No. Just no.
>>
>>62999516

I really didn't get this scene at all.

Have they mentioned aliens at all before hand?
>>
>>63001222
>Have they mentioned aliens at all before hand?
What show are you watching?

There have been aliums in every episode
>>
>>63001243

I am so confused
>>
>>63001263
When Lou's wife (blanking on her name) went to go feed her dad's cat, she stumbled into that room with a bunch of markings and drawings and shit, so he is seemingly losing his mind.

The alien stuff really doesn't bother me like it apparently bothers others. One thing about the 70s is that UFO sightings and the like were super "common" back then. Every other day people would be on the news for this shit or for seeing Big Foot or something. I think it's kind of a fun way to introduce a little bit more of 70s culture into the show. As far where it's going - I fully expect that they will never "explain" what Rye saw that night or any of the other UFO stuff. It will be completely up for interpretation as to what it meant in the context of the season.
>>
Anyone else notice they used two songs featured in O Brother Where Art Thou and Big Lebowski in this episode?
>>
How does Ed even know about Mike Milligan? Have I missed something or is this intentionally left for next week?
>>
>>62998799
They explain that back up arrived.
>>
>>63002280

I also saw a reference to No Country in an earlier episode, where the cop finds the lock to the typewriter store knocked inwards
>>
When mamagerhardt told the cops about the two drugstashes, the other one was an auto repair shop. Are Karl and Sonny the men behind everything?
>>
>>62998720
>Mike Milligan sucks
fucking this. one kinda cool the first few episodes, but he's getting way to reddit for my taste
>>
>>62998774
Yea they went full Stannis with this
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.