[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the dark side IS more powerful, right? >Luke only defeats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
So the dark side IS more powerful, right?

>Luke only defeats Vader when he taps into his anger and hatred
>Sheev beats Yoda
>Maul defeats Qui Gon, a Jedi master
>Dooku stands his ground against Yoda and is able to fight two Jedi at a time, only losing to Anakin, who has already partially succumbed to the dark side
It seems that the Sith only lose when they make mistakes due to their arrogance (eg Maul and Anakin), their powers are almost always superior to the Jedi.
>>
yoda answered this forty years ago
>No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.
its a shortcut to being stronger, but mastery of the light side is more powerful than you can possibly imagine i.e. immortality
>>
>>62987942
>immortality
you mean
>being a ghost who can't actually do anything and can only talk to certain people sometimes

I'll take lightning and unlimited power over that any day desu
>>
>>62987816
It's a more powerful destructive force, but it's not sustainable.
>>
>>62987816

The dark side is about controlling the universe around you. The light side is about controlling the universe within yourself. Pottery.
>>
>>62987816
There is no dark or light. The force is 1 thing that can be used either way. It is like a hammer. You can use it to build a house or kill a family with it. The writers are just shitty that is all.
>>
>>62988049

I think when you transcend space and time and have access to the secrets of the universe you stop giving a fat shit about being able to fuck people up.
>>
>>62987816
That image needs Kyle katarn in-between Luke and Vader, faded out and smiling.

Kyle shits on your light and dark side animosity. He takes the best from both.
>>
>>62988777
Kyle Katarn is the biggest mary sue ever
>>
This >>62988396

The force should have just been a thing, and dark Jedi are just evil people who utilize it.

There should have been a distinction between master and knight rather than light and dark. Yoda is a Jedi master, ie, a dude who just meditates and studies the force like a monk. Sheev, in his own way, is a master.
>>
>>62988835
Desann loving dark side shit
>>
Windu beat Sheev though
>>
>>62988837
I agree. I always thought it was odd that the Master jedi acted in combat situations right out the gate.
It would make a little more sense to have the fucking GENERALS be at the back of the goddamned line directing soldiers and only intervening when absolutely fucking necessary.
>>
>>62988987

>It would make a little more sense to have the fucking GENERALS be at the back of the goddamned line directing soldiers and only intervening when absolutely fucking necessary.

Right?

Or how about this for a scene:

Obi Wan Kenobi, a jedi knight, decorated military officer, expert swordsman, and sensitive to his peaceful religion, is troubled about the direction of the war, and faced with anxiety and moral uncertainty, takes leave from duty to consult master Yoda.

Wouldnt that have given Obi Wan infinitely more character depth? We would have seen him with responsibilities, and duties, before he had the wisdom to satisfy his duties. When the Jedi are monks, and super soldiers, and generals they are like featureless blobs as far as characters go.
>>
File: 1308907583968935201.jpg (39 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1308907583968935201.jpg
39 KB, 636x358
>>62989313
You mean use good and logical writing? Pftftft!
>>
>>62987816
>So the dark side IS more powerful, right?

The most powerful darkside master got killed by being thrown over a short railing.

How is that powerful?
>>
File: 1448320187330.png (728 KB, 1064x753) Image search: [Google]
1448320187330.png
728 KB, 1064x753
>>62989917
>>
File: imsotiredofallthesestarwars.png (2 MB, 1918x813) Image search: [Google]
imsotiredofallthesestarwars.png
2 MB, 1918x813
The light side can bend space and time!
>>
>>62989948
Do you feel a charge?
>>
>>62990205
Yes. The electricity arcs.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.