[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: MPW-57765.jpg (69 KB, 500x760) Image search: [Google]
MPW-57765.jpg
69 KB, 500x760
What did you think? I think it's a top-tier comedy.
>>
>>62977984
I love it, but I don't think nobody laughs while watching this.
>>
>>62978015
>I don't think nobody laughs while watching this.
I agree.
>>
>>62978015
It's ridiculous how everyone these days think a "comedy" is a film that is specifically made to induce laughter. "Laugh-out-loud" comedies are merely a sub-genre, albeit one that has almost completely taken over.
>>
>>62978120
>"Laugh-out-loud" comedies are merely a sub-genre, albeit one that has almost completely taken over.

What's your complain then?
>>
>>62978198
That was more of a comment than a complaint, although I do wish we could have more "feel good comedies" and fewer "insert joke here comedies" that have dominated the industry since the nineties.
>>
File: sxc.png (677 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sxc.png
677 KB, 1280x720
Bump.
>>
I love it when its being less overtly "jokey". Watching any of Seller's characters fumble around is hilarious, but the silly shit with the coca cola machine and "No fighting in the war room" is just corny
>>
>>62979088
>what is tonal variation
>>
>>62979118
>what is subjective humor
>>
>>62978015
I chuckled a few times here and there just because of how ridiculous the whole situation in the movie was. It's got a ton of no-laugh humor to the point where I just end up laughing because I'm just loving it.
>>
>>62979184
>what is reddit
>>
>>62977984
I was surprised, because I thought it would be filled with a ton of aged jokes but I actually thoroughly enjoyed it.
>>
>>62978015
plenty of chuckle-worthy stuff

like strangelove trying to force himself not to give the nazi salute or that sarge character
>>
>>62979277
I think that's what everyone's saying. Its humorous despite never really telling jokes, and thats why its aged so well
>>
The humour makes me think of the Catch-22.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.