[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you really feel about buying physical media, /tv/? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: A1fOD9GEtvL._SL1500_.jpg (532 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
A1fOD9GEtvL._SL1500_.jpg
532 KB, 1500x1500
How do you really feel about buying physical media, /tv/? It's harder to justify it today, when we can torrent anything and everything.

Do you collect? Do you like buying TV shows more than movies, or vice versa? What makes the purchase for you? Supplements? Commentaries?
>>
BUMP cmon TV
>>
i do like to buy what i enjoy, its not that much but its gr8 to collect some stuff and rewatch it.
>>
as much as i wish i could buy alot of great blu rays its kind of hard to justify paying like $60 for a season when i have acess to the entire series and like 50 others for $15 a month with HBO Now
>>
I buy blurays online. Most movies are under 20$ unless it's critereon or something. I don't watch movies super often though, so I guess It would get expensive if I did.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 500x724) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 500x724
>>62976549
I buy Criterion BluRays and DVDs as well as cheap used BluRays and DVDs of films I want to see.
>>
>>62976549
>DVD

If you're going to collect physical, at least go HD
>>
>>62976549
I stopped doing it completely about 6-7 ago. Before that I used to collect mostly TV-shows. There is no reason to pay for something you can get for free.
>>
>>62976549
It must have been about seven years since I spent money on a piece of media outside theaters.
>>
I'm getting the BFI Kurosawa Samurai Collection, a Buster Keaton short film collection, a Werner Herzog collection, Alice by Jan Svankmajer and Eyes Without a Face, all on Blu Ray. Suffice to say I feel physical media still has a place for me.
>>
>>62980947
I completely agree with you mate. But there are some things i want to have in my collection. Same thing with books.
>>
>>62976549
I don't like having clutter but I do enjoy listening to commentaries and other worthwhile bonus features.
>>
Before I buy an album I'll download or give it a number of listens on Spotify before I'll buy it. If it like it enough that it becomes a personal classic I'll go out and spend the money on a nice vinyl, especially if the art and packaging are good to justify the physical media.

Same with movies. I'll stream or download it first and if I like it enough, and it has a good physical release ill get the blu ray if its a movie I love.
>>
>>62981187
This. I have Netflix and a Kindle, but if I like something enough/want to support the artist, I'll buy a physical copy of it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.