[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any other movie where the "good guys" get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
Is there any other movie where the "good guys" get so collectively BTFO?

Every other movie I can think of that has the good guys getting smashed, still has some victory at the end or along the way somewhere, but in Empire Strikes Back they win literally nothing.
>>
File: Departed - double.webm (3 MB, 1280x528) Image search: [Google]
Departed - double.webm
3 MB, 1280x528
You're talking about a sequel as part of a planned continuous story. It's okay they get BTFO knowing they will do the BTFOing in the threequel.

As for your question, the Departed comes to mind.
>>
I never brought that V was a movie where bad guys "won". Other than Han all the heroes escaped death/imprisonment and the last shot of Luke and Leia watching Lando leave to rescue Han was clearly put in to give the audience hope.
>>
>>62976328

Red Dawn
>>
>>62976328
No Country For Old Men
>>
>>62976328
The Hunt

The pedo didn't get in jail at the end of the movie.
>>
good guys?

the rebels are... rebels AKA terrorists. they are the bad guys trying to bring down a civilized empire

get your shit together
>>
I was going to say The Goblet of Fire, then I remebered that Voldemort fucked up and sealed his and harry's fate by using Harry's blood.
Still, comes very close.
>>
>>62976395
Yeah but Marky Mark gets justice in the end
>>
File: 4574.jpg (260 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
4574.jpg
260 KB, 1440x900
>>62976619

>the oppressive openly racist fascistic totalitarian dictatorship were the good guys you cvucks, stay blue pilled reddit!
>>
>>62976798
assad is the good guy, amirite?
>>
>>62976817
There are no good guys in Syria. Those who could have made the place better fled the country, along with thousands of people who made it shit to begin with.
>>
>han gets taken to jabba instead of being bait for the empire to get another chance at capturing luke
>luke and leia, droids and lando all leave safely
>luke immediately gets a new hand
people put a bit too much stock in what the empire actually accomplished in Empire. They were essentially overpowered by Lando's security team and lost the majority of their assets, then they gave their final asset to jabba.

And don't even say that Fett had already left before Vader knew what went down, because even if that's true why wouldn't the empire just storm Jabba's hut and take Han? Or better yet set a trap for Luke and crew using Jabba?
>>
>>62976887

This nigga is redpilled af
>>
File: 1448232711235.jpg (267 KB, 1404x870) Image search: [Google]
1448232711235.jpg
267 KB, 1404x870
>>
>>62976798
>oppressive openly racist fascistic totalitarian dictatorship
>implying 20th century ideologies like fascism, communism or capitalism would still exist in star wars
>>
>>62977021
>a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away

it aint me starts playing
>>
>>62976328
Eh, I wouldn't say the rebels got 100% BTFO. The always kept the empire from completing their goal objectives. The empire really only obtained tactical victories.
>>
Fellowship of the Ring has Gandalf and Boromir dying, Mary and Pippin being kidnapped and the remaining fellowship breaking apart.
>>
>>62977071
Hmm that is true, they really didn't achieve shit.
>>
>>62977050
>Clonetroopers come flying down in Geonosis in Episode 2
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
Why is the emperor so prominently placed on the cover? That actor wasn't even in it!
>>
>>62977017
What is A New Hope? The movie is called Star Wars, dammit.
>>
Troy
>inb4 the Trojans were the bad guys
Fucking Legolas should have kept it in his pants though Tbh
>>
Watchmen, sort of.

Ozymandias got to kill a bunch of people and our heroes couldn't do anything to stop him or get back at him. In the end, they were left with no choice but to sweep it under the rug and blame the deaths on Doctor Manhattan, one of the good guys.

They might have avoided the possibility of a nuclear war happening, but that's a big "might". Also, a war might have not happened anyway.
>>
>>62976328
Lots of horror movies has the protags getting wasted.
>>
>>62976328
Gone Girl
Chinatown
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.