[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what was this guys best film /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: john candy.jpg (45 KB, 695x373) Image search: [Google]
john candy.jpg
45 KB, 695x373
what was this guys best film and why is it canadian bacon

>tfw teacher would put on cool runnings or uncle buck when couldn't be arsed to teach
why is his films so comfy>
>>
>>62973359
Going Berserk
>>
>>62973359

Delirious
>>
Spaceballs
>>
File: WsF9Qrh.gif (908 KB, 700x355) Image search: [Google]
WsF9Qrh.gif
908 KB, 700x355
As a child i couldnt sleep for a week after this bit
>>
>>62973359
Planes Trains and Automobiles is both his best film and one of the best comedy films ever.
>>
Home Alone obviously.
>>
>>62973673
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>62973429
>traumatized for a week by implied violence in a PG movie
Were you home schooled or something? I was forced to watch Child's Play and THAT kept me up for a week, not Uncle fucking Buck
>>
Beverly Hills Ninja
>>
The Great Outdoors tbqh senpai
>>
File: image.gif (109 KB, 282x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
109 KB, 282x200
>not Cool Runnings
>>
I really liked his carefree sheriff character in Blues Brothers but he didn't really have enough screen time to call that a best film.
>>
File: 1297581927461_ORIGINAL.jpg (43 KB, 650x438) Image search: [Google]
1297581927461_ORIGINAL.jpg
43 KB, 650x438
Only possible answer.
>>
File: 1448115445552.jpg (54 KB, 412x433) Image search: [Google]
1448115445552.jpg
54 KB, 412x433
>mfw no Who's Harry Crumb
>>
File: the canadian mounted.jpg (76 KB, 668x520) Image search: [Google]
the canadian mounted.jpg
76 KB, 668x520
>>62973673
Are you me? THIS
>>
>>62973902
Man, the PG rating used to be fantastic for how far they could push things. Now it's just an extension to G.
>>
>>62973673
It was probably Steve Martin's best film as well.

That rant at the Car Rental place must of been wild to hear back in those times.
>>
>>62973907

Chris Farley was funny because he was fat. John Candy was funny and happened to be fat. I can't think of any roles that focused on him being fat like all of Farley's. I still love both of them but still.
>>
I'm always going to miss Candy. He was really an amazing actor just like Chris Farley. Not just prone to doing slapstick gags both had amazing depth even as supporting characters.

Personal favorites....

Top has to be Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Think of it like the Tommy Boy almost of its day and Martin and Candy had perfect chemistry. But to take a silly movie and go into the dark place and material it did later on was really something.
Delirious - I remember this movie as a kid, and it's a great film. Really rails the soap opera industry.
Nothing But Trouble - That movie is so screwed up and it takes place in my home state Jersey lol.
Summer Rental - Excellent Joe Everybody as a dad.
His role as the Polka King in Home Alone.
Splash - Terrible movie but I loved his role
>>
>>62973673
/thread
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.