[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this a good film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: url.jpg (1 MB, 1013x1500) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
1 MB, 1013x1500
is this a good film?
>>
It's pretty much a necessary watch regardless of how good/bad it is
>>
I like it
>>
I think it's its good but why >>62966540
what makes it a necessary watch in your opinion?

it's pretty insubstantial honestly
>>
>>62966540
This. Regardless of what the movement has become, it was one of the first Feminist Films and Vera Chytilova is one of the best Czech filmmakers and was one of the founders of Czech New Wave. It is a very Avant Garde style film and isn't something that you typically will find in theaters today. Not for everyone but if you understand what the film was trying to say in the context of the times, it accomplishes what it set out to do. You will either love it or hate it based on style alone. The subject matter might sway you to hate it if you are extremely tainted away from feminism due to modern day politics. It isn't a film really with a coherent plot either. The film is really just two girls doing whatever they want. So in terms of plot it really feels more like a series of sketches, all of which revolve around two girls fucking with others, specifically men for the most part. If you enjoy cinema of the art house/"pretentious" variety, it is an essential part of it. But if you are a bane poster I'd skip it as you wouldn't appreciate it for what it is.
>>
File: daisies_chytilova_06_pp.jpg (434 KB, 1024x837) Image search: [Google]
daisies_chytilova_06_pp.jpg
434 KB, 1024x837
>>62966812
One of the leads teases nudity in one scene too and she is super cute. So if you start watching it and hate it, just skip to that scene. Here is a still from that scene.
>>
>>62966766
>insubstantial
How can you like it and think that at the same time? Also, it is probably the most well known films of one of the most well known film movements, therefore if you actually care about cinema it is a must watch
>>
>>62966468
form your own opinions
>>
>>62966540
yep. it's not really a great film, but still very important and I'm glad I've seen it
>>
Nice visuals, shit everything else.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.