[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he autistic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: Tommy_Wiseau_in_The_Room.jpg (85 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Tommy_Wiseau_in_The_Room.jpg
85 KB, 970x545
Was he autistic?
>>
>>62963892
No he was....vampire haha!
>>
>>62963892
No. He just never learned how to socialize and had the shit kicked out of him repeatedly growing up.
>>
File: 1447975153028.webm (278 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1447975153028.webm
278 KB, 960x540
Was he having an orgasm?
>>
>>62964053
>He's imagining fucking that kid
>>
Didn't a bunch of cops beat the shit out of him and sexually assault him when he was young?
>>
>read The Disaster Artist
>Greg Sestero was Tommy's only friend and promptly forgot about all he'd done for him when he started getting serious about his career
Yeah Tommy got all autistic about it but Greg came off really bad in that book, even moreso when you realised he wrote an entire book about what an autistic weirdo Tommy was.
I'd still recommend the book though, it's riveting shit.
>>
>>62964053
Was this scene discussed in the book ?
>>
>>62963892

If you read his book, its pretty clear he was sexually abused as a child in eastern europe.

He's a psychotic with underdeveloped poor social skills.
>>
>>62965818
I don't think Greg came off that bad. Honestly it was a 50/50 of "holy shit, I can't believe I have to put up with this shit, what the fuck am I doing with my life?" and "I have some kind of weird respect for this guy who is trying to help me in spite of his mental hangups and is trying to live his dream even though he really REALLY has no clue how the fuck to do this"
>>
>>62965915
I think it mentions him grinding his teeth somewhere
>>
>>62965915
No. The "tearing me apart Lisa" scene was though, as was the "I deed naht! Oh Hai maahrk" scene. The guy couldn't remember lines to the movie he fucking wrote.
>>
>>62965954
Dude there's an entire chapter where Greg calls Tommy a manipulative sociopath
He also implies he sold himself on the street and reveals his lifestory despite Tommy REPEATEDLY telling Greg not to reveal things about him
What the fuck man
>>
>>62965989
When he slept
>>
>>62966008
Maybe because Tommy was a manipulative creep, I can give the guy some benefit but from his film I have no trouble believing he's a weirdo and would make other's lives unpleasant
>>
>>62966052
Sure but my point is not about Tommy, it's about Greg. Tommy helped set him up in LA and was generally a good friend, and then Greg writes a book about The Room (fair) but reveals Tommy's lifestory, despite Tommy making it very clear he's uncomfortable with strangers knowing facts about him (entirely unfair)
Greg sold him out hard
>>
>>62965954
He came off as a whiney little bitch, honestly. An he knew the guy was a weirdo but kept him around for the lulz and because he have him a cheap apartment. Not a really good person in my book.
>>
>>62966131
I guess that's why it feels more real. He doesn't make himself out to be the hero or good guy.
Did he do it on purpose? I dunno.
>>
>>62966097
>generally a good friend
>is emotionally abusive a lot of the time

I mean yeah he helped Greg out a lot. I guess it would be fair to say their both kinda shitty? Tommy for all that and Greg for writing the tell all book

What has Tommy's reaction been since the book release? Are they still friends?

Honestly after reading the book I've actually got some respect for that eastern European goofball finding out just how much shit he put up with in his life and he still managed to come to America, start a successful business and make a movie that almost everyone has seen or at least heard of. That's living the dream
>>
>>62966171
I don't give a fuck if they're both shitty you deflecting faggot, Tommy didn't write an entire book demonising Greg and then say "Well I guess part of him was kinda admirable I guess" at the end. That's so much fucking worse, especially when you reveal shit about a guy you had the gall to call a friend once when he specifically hates that shit. Literally aired his dirty laundry in front of the whole world, and now they're even making a movie about it.
>>
>>62966255
Jeeze, Tommy get more butthurt about it
>>
>>62965634
>that kid was older than anyone in the cast besides Tommy and the chick who played Lisa's mom
>>
>>62966289
Yeah I didn't think you had any arguments left either
Told you good, rekt you hard.
>>
>>62966171
>What has Tommy's reaction been since the book release? Are they still friends?
He claims that only 'forty percent' of it is true, but doesn't seem to have beef with Greg.
>>
>>62966255
confirmed for not reading the book
>>
>>62966255
He aired his dirty laundry while also showing that he was a good person and giving you some insight into his life and why he is the person he is.

It's obvious from reading the book that Greg considers Tommy a great friend. If the book didn't have all that dirty laundry it wouldn't be compelling or interesting and everyone would continue to think that Tommy is just a psycho douchebag with no context for why he is the way he is
>>
met tommy at wonder con a few years ago. an unforgettable experience for sure. whenever he saw a kid hed call them over and give them the kind of hug someone whod read about hugs but never received one would give, then go back to peddling the 100 pieces of room merch he was surrounded by
>>
>>62965818
The book is hilarious, especially the audiobook read by Greg who does tommys voice as well. I was in tears
>>
File: 1447835271226.png (218 KB, 445x477) Image search: [Google]
1447835271226.png
218 KB, 445x477
>tfw I get to post this
>>
DOWNT TAAAHCH ME, MOTHERFAWKER
>>
Shh, here's the audiobook:
https://mega.co.nz/#!I1UWARbS!u2LY-VnGiFPQKbiCp7g2BO7TNxG3eYqF_oKqcwW_JqM
>>
>>62966171
>Honestly after reading the book I've actually got some respect for that eastern European goofball finding out just how much shit he put up with in his life and he still managed to come to America, start a successful business and make a movie that almost everyone has seen or at least heard of. That's living the dream

Exactly. After reading The Disaster Artist, Tommy is a fucking hero to me, a source of inspiration. He's like some kind of negative image of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
>>
>>62965818
Are you kidding, Greg was a saint for putting up with Tommy's bullshit. And that was before the nightmare that The Room's production was.
>>
>>62966636
thanks
>>
>>62966131
>. An he knew the guy was a weirdo but kept him around for the lulz and because he have him a cheap apartment.

Fucking bullshit, he states numerous times how much he appreciates Tommy and it's quite clear he considers him a dear friend. But friendships aren't all sunshine and rainbows, and his account and recollection of events is of course taken from his own POV but there's not doubt that Tommy has his own share of problems and can probably be very difficult to me around at some points.
>>
File: TW.gif (808 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
TW.gif
808 KB, 500x255
>>62966572
>tfw I'm stealing it
>>
>>62966370
Well, I listened to it.
>>62966428
Tommy didn't want anybody knowing about his personal life, Greg wrote a book explaining every little detail he could about him.
What's so fucking hard to get?
It feels like I'm taking crazy pills, a good friend wouldn't do that shit
>>
>>62966896
A good friend wouldn't do all the shit Tommy did to Greg either.
>>
>>62966896

It's not crazy pills. You're just stupid. That's okay, lots of people are.
>>
Tommy should have got his ass beat for the air conditioning situation to be perfectly honest with you
>>
It's fucking unreal and spooky about how much money Tommy has and how it seems to have come out of thin air. Selling knockoff jeans to being a multimillionaire in a few years? Crazy. I wish of all things the book could address that clearly. It really left me with more questions than answers.
>>
>>62967040
It's not said in the book, probably because of legal reasons, but several people have implied he was involved in money laundering
>>
>>62967040
He owned prime downtown San Franciso real estate so it's clear he was a savvy entrepreneur
>>
Any recommendations for books similar to this that detail day to day life in film making/Hollywood?
>>
Bomp for tommy
>>
>>62967092
In the book Greg addresses this and says that no criminal organisation would ever risk someone as insane as Tommy to be their front man.
>>
>>62967040
Tommy gives me hope of being a millionaire one day.
>>
>>62963968
You want to be shitposter, aact like shitposter..
>>
>>62964053
looks like he's gurning on pills
>>
who would you cast in the Half in the Bag movie movie?
>>
>>62964053
he's getting his dick sucked
>>
>>62963892
>"oh hi mark"
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>62966799
>he states numerous times how much he appreciates Tommy
As he would have to, but only to cover himself.
You're a retard if you think he's being sincere.
Greg is a narcissist that keeps Tommy around so he can get off saying "LOOK GUYS, POINT AND LAUGH AT THE SILLY MAN" when ever Tommy does something Tommy-ish and make money off him because he's a failed actor.
>>
>>62966344
>rekt you hard
>It feels like I'm taking crazy pills
Holy reddit...
>>
>>62963892
I've met him. He's really like that. Just a weird fucking dude. Refuses to say how old he is or where he's from. Wears two belts.
>>
>>62973469

Well, his birth year has been confirmed to be 1955 right? In fact, he turned 60 last month.
>>
>>62964053
>Denny was actually older than everyone of the main cast except Johnny
>made to play a 16 years old
>>
>>62973508
As far as I know it's still ambiguous.
>>
I think he has brain damage.

>lazy eye
>paralyzed face
>slurred words
>trouble remembering lines
>impulsiveness
>moodiness
>retardation
>Greg described him as looking quite handsome and cheerful in past photos

I think that accident, the one that made him wanted to return to his dream of acting, damaged his brain somehow. Before that he must have been quite savvy in order to accumulate that fortune.
>>
>>62973620
I think he was in a serious car accident at some point before the Room.
>>
>>62973620
he got brain damage from lack of oxygen after he was forced to eat out his sugar momma for an hour straight.
>>
>>62973620
Or maybe he got all of his money as part of a settlement for his injury?

Some big company doesn't want bad press, pays millions from their hush fund so they don't have a scandal "promising young writer suffers intense brain trauma while on premises of a factory owned by Business Inc."
>>
File: 1403504888079.png (117 KB, 570x558) Image search: [Google]
1403504888079.png
117 KB, 570x558
>>62973826
>works for a clothing company
>gets injured at work
>give him a huge cash settlement
>seeks revenge by selling defective clothes
>>
I heard he made his money in real estate.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.