[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Raid 2: Berendal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
Try and prove to me this isn't the greatest movie of all time. Protip: you can't
>>
>>62963309
the first one was better
>>
>>62963326
As much as I like the first one, the second was better
>>
I agree
>>
>>62963309
The Raid 1 & 2 are dope as fuck. Saw 2 in theaters, I was one of five people there.

People were coming in the entire movie to check it out and left after getting hit with subtitles. No one stayed for longer than a couple minutes besides the five of us.
>>
>>62963467
I agree that they're both dope. People don't tend to watch things that aren't spoon fed to them
>>
>>62963381
No.

A lot of peoples critiques on Raid 2 ARE valid. It feels ALOT like a super hero movie and the villains seems extremely comical. I don't hold it against the over-all quality, but it's definitely below that of Raid 1. I didn't have any hope it would though, The Raid was absolutely amazing and simply started too strong, shouldn't have done a sequel. But a totally separate movie with the same actors.
>>
I love these movies for the raw savagery and fluidity of movement. They're just so pleasing to watch.
>>
>>62963309
I thought i read somewhere that a western version of the Raid was in the works?

it'll prob suck ass. Dredd is as close as the west will get to the Raid.
>>
>>62963309
Not even as good as the first one.

Director bit off more than he could chew.

The Raid excelled in it's simplicity. The sequel had a huge scope it's story couldn't support.
>>
>>62963543
The story, action, and acting in The Raid 2: Berendal are all better than that of The Raid: Redemption. While The Raid: Redemption did have better tension, it simply doesn't meed the standards of The Raid 2: Berendal
>>
>>62963547
Kill yourself.
>>
>>62963700
no u
>>
>>62963637
Ya I think that Sylvester Stallone is remaking it or something
>>
The manic, contained energy of The Raid: Redemption is lacking in The Raid 2. However, there is no fight in the first Raid as good as the final setpiece fight between Rama and the Assassin in The Raid 2. That shit is incredible, nearly flawless. One of my favorite onscreen fights ever.
>>
>that shot in the raid when the camera goes through the hole in the floor

did the cameraman jump down?
>>
>>62963810
That fight at the end is really good. I found that the action in the 2nd Raid is better than the first
>>
>>62963677
TR2 was meant to be the first one and TR was meant to be the sequel, but it was way cheaper to film so they fleshed out the sequel concept and made it first.
>>
>>62963906
I was unaware of that. I knew that Evans had wanted to make a prison action movie called "Berendal" but it fell through
>>
>>62963309
2 is garbage. The hobo assassin plot should have been taken out of the story entirely because it kills the pacing
>>
>>62964824
Raid 2 has shitty pacing in general, it's way too long and is bogged down with pointless twists/ sideplots. The original worked because the story was so simple, we didn't need a ton of scenes showing the intricate inner workings of this criminal organisation, and the rivalries between the gangs or the backstories of side characters.
>>
>>62963309
Berendal was too bloated, felt like I was watching Avengers

The Raid was perfect.
>>
>>62965903
>felt like I was watching Avengers
Is this a bad thing?
>>
>>62966017
Yes.
>>
>>62966017
Absolutely.
>>
File: 1424819248095.jpg (31 KB, 310x236) Image search: [Google]
1424819248095.jpg
31 KB, 310x236
>>62966017
>>62966127
>>62966206
>mfw I never watched that shit
>>
>>62963309
It's the best Indonesian movie I've ever seen.
>>
>>62963381
nope
1 is better
>>
It's significantly worse than the first one
>>
>>62964971
This, they got way too ambitious and forgot what made the first one so fun.
>>
I couldnt fucking believe it when I saw that it was like 2 and a half fucking hours.

Fucking ridiculous,
>>
>make great and well received martial arts film
>i am le srs director/storyteller
>make shitty sequel that induces sleep when action isn't happening
The worst shit
>>
>>62964971
>>62964824
>le pacing meme
>>
>>62964971
All of this. First one had a simple premise that naturally allowed numerous, progressively difficult fights to happen naturally. The second has this dull as dirt plot and still needs to make side stories to include action scenes, which only makes the film longer and more boring overall
>>
>>62967419
>naturally twice in one sentence
I feel gross now
>>
Post the camera webm
>>
>>62963467
>People were coming in the entire movie to check it out
What the hell kind of place do you live in where people walk in a theater halfway through the movie?
>>
>>62963543
Raid 1 was more believable, if that makes sense. Raid 2 felt kinda like the Watchman movie in which Rochach was telling the prisoners that he's not locked in there with them, they're locked in there with him.
>>
>>62963467
Funnily a friend and I had the same experience when we watched in the cinema - about seven people went in and by the halfway mark three of them had already left.
>>
>>62963811
One cameraguy passed the handheld rig down through the hole to another cameraguy on the floor below, similar to how they did the crane-shot-to-handheld take at the very beginning when all of the troops are exiting the armoured van.
IIRC you see how both of those shots were made in the behind the scenes
>>
>>62967419
Yeah the story was more bloated than the first, but you have to give them props for at least trying to flesh out the storylines that they hinted at in the first movie.
Asides from the story though I think in the way of camerawork and sets they made the absolute best of their budget - it really felt like one of the better examples of a cult movie turned big budget action movie. The restaurant scenes alone (despite those being some of the slower scenes in the film) were gorgeous to watch just because of the set design and shot placement.
>>
You cant "prove" an opinion wrong but the plot is boring as all fucking hell.
>>
>>62970736
what you can prove wrong is the idea that the second movie was made in response to the first (eg. >>62970439 >>62966663 >>62966502 )
The second movie was written and choreographed before the first one.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.