[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shaw tho
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 14
File: shaw.jpg (43 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
shaw.jpg
43 KB, 320x240
Sebastian Shaw was 78 at the time of RotJ. minus 4 years 74 at new hope.
Alec Guiness was 63 at the time of a new hope.

Just saying, even factoring in the effect that being on the dark side has on the body...Shaw makes Vader seem much older than Obi Wan. I always felt this way when after seeing Vader, thinking...hmm he just looks too old.
>>
No one cares what you think.
>>
Also food for thought Annie looks like Shaw now, so if somehow the burning of Vader was all a ruse to destroy a symbol of oppression for the galaxy and Vader is still alive, (cus come on its not that far fetched) I think he probably could play the role and redeem himself as an actor (and also as a force for the light side)

kind of like how there was a ruse at Jabba's at the beginning of ep 6 and Luke was all dark and shadowy etc etc
>>
>>62959695
It's fact though
>>
File: Jake lloyd.jpg (124 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Jake lloyd.jpg
124 KB, 2000x1333
>>62959750
look he even has scars, hes ready
>>
>>62959609
Vader was only 45 in rotj
>>
File: burnt vader.jpg (62 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
burnt vader.jpg
62 KB, 992x744
Plus remember the trailer prominently shows the burnt remains of vaders armor just saying.

jk tho, we see his ghost.
>>
>>62959609
the guy literally got burnt to all fuck and is barely kept alive by a machine
>>
>>62959802
I know, thats what I'm saying, Vader doesn't look it in the scene I think Lucas kinda messed up on the casting here cause he looks way older, even with keeping with the sith aging and shit.

I mean how old is Sidious for comparison in canon at RotJ?
>>
>>62959905
Wasn't his skin also synthetic? I don't remember where I even heard that, but it's been stuck in my head for ages.
>>
>>62959964
Sidious is 80-90 around that time
>>
>>62959905
not barely alive, quite alive this is fucking Vader we're talking about here. He just suffered damage to his breathing apparatus or the force lightning messed him up..was their ever an indepth explanation as to why he specifically died?

I know his weakness to the force lightning is alluded to in the prequels and shows
>>
>>62960060
He was an tired old man beat into submission by Luke, and electrocuted by Sheev. He could have had a heart attack for all we know.
>>
File: renewed vader.jpg (95 KB, 750x981) Image search: [Google]
renewed vader.jpg
95 KB, 750x981
Or JJ could pull an alt universe and fix the prequels and instead of build upon the foundation. Make a new one like in Star Trek so he doesn't piss too many ppl off and go in a kewl direction
>>
File: hans moleman.png (87 KB, 438x326) Image search: [Google]
hans moleman.png
87 KB, 438x326
>yfw Sheev was only 31 years old in the prequels
>>62960060
He lost the will to live.
>>
File: white vader.jpg (100 KB, 437x1133) Image search: [Google]
white vader.jpg
100 KB, 437x1133
Alternate universe spin off movie PLSSSS
>>
File: sheev 1.jpg (72 KB, 320x262) Image search: [Google]
sheev 1.jpg
72 KB, 320x262
>>62960239
THIS guy is 31?
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>62960229
>>62960312
Vader had been imprisoned and put on trial had he survived RotJ
>>
>>62960452
Ya think? Even with Luke being all "we're going to get you outta here pops" and shit?
>>
>>62960659
>N-No, you see I was good all along! I was seduced by the Emperor and promises of power! Never mind all those children I murdered!
>>
>>62960060
>this is fucking Vader we're talking about here

Reddit speak
>>
I think a big problem I had with the casting of Hayden is he wasn't a bigger guy.
I'm not memeing, but in the OT he was obviously a large and intimidating guy, even before becoming a cyborg.
>>
>>62960754
>Never mind all those children I murdered!
they were enemies of the Republic at the time and would be considered casualties of the Clone Wars.
Destroying Alderaan was his only real war crime.
>>
>>62960791
This guy hunted Jedi for decades okay? I think we can all agree that while the prequels upped the power levels a bit with the ridiculous swordplay, that the lightsaber battles in the OT are kinda lackluster and not indicative of how our imaginations take us when we think of great lightsaber duels.

I know it seems strange to knock the OT, but yeah, thats one of the weakpoints
>>
>>62960404
Sheev was +60 though
>>
>>62959609
He was slowly rotting in that suit, you stupid fag.
>>
>>62960940
You would have thought human birthers would have been suspicious as fuck
>>
>>62960872
Only the biggest acknowledge on-screen, that is. It wasn't exactly emphasized as a line Vader wouldn't have ever crossed before, merely that it was a feat the Empire could only recently achieve.
>>
>>62960966
>fag
Are we in middle school?

Anyway then how did Vader hunt the jedi after the purge? Do you assert he slowly loses power over time and that when the movies start, hes well past his peak or what?

I'm sure you can make the argument now since theres literally no disney canon material to really use except REBELS.

Though in the ol EU we can clearly see he was intimidating as the movie would make him seem, all the way til the end of ROtJ
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 600x340
>>62959609 (OP) #
He's a victim of a supernatural evil, why would he age like a bureaucrat?

The older Anakin Skywalker is like Ciaran Hinds in Ghost Rider
>>
>>62959609
I bought starwars bf solely because i wanted to play as Sheev
>>
>>62959609
In the drafts of ANH you can see the gap between the fall of the Republic and Rise of the Empire was closer to 50, which is why Obi and Vader were old. And why Imperial Officers don't know what the force is.

But Lucas gave little fucks about continuity when he was writing the prequels.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 570x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 570x310
Best Vader Quotes:

http://youtu.be/YM60FADyFEo
>>
that explains alot, I can see vader being pretty chipper and forboding in the early decades after the purge, and then he slowly becomes older so that hes more of a slow hulking symbol that relies on brute force rather than technique

And Sidious's own lack of using a lightsaber indicates that as well, being that he only uses force lightning and seems too old and decrepid to be decent at dueling
>>
>>62961165
Then why was Luke in his early 20s at most?
>>
>>62961363
this responding to this
>>62961165

but yeah disregarding most of the prequel trilogy yeah that makes sense
>>
>>62961367
Because Luke was born during the Jedi Purge/hunt era originally, and Vader was not his father until the 3rd or 4th draft of ESB.

In other words, Anakin Skywalker was one of the Jedi hiding from the Empire after the Republic fell.
>>
>>62961367
maybe he actually fucked padme or whoever (if we're totally disregarding prequel..which we should) when he was older and fell to the dark side when he was 30 or something
>>
>>62961363
>Sidious
I believe you mean Sheev.
>>
>>62961494
lol so you're saying they made Obi Wan a liar and that whole him telling the truth "from a certain point of view" was a BS retcon p much?

I could see that serving well as Obi Wan looking into the force and see the possible universes of how it played out and offering an alternate universe divergence point though thats kinda neat.

But pretty lame in long run because of all these inconsistencies and shit.
>>
What is sheev? I see Palpatine called that on here. Why?
>>
>>62961633
>lol so you're saying they made Obi Wan a liar and that whole him telling the truth "from a certain point of view" was a BS retcon p much?

Yep. On the other hand, you didn't really care until you now that you found out, so the story mostly works anyway.
>>
>>62961726
>>
>>62961772
I guess I'm supposed to read this?
>>
>>62961805
Don't bother. The point is, this book is now canon under Disney and gave Palpatine the name Sheev. Tarkin has stupid as fuck name too in it, something like WIilhuf or something close to that.
>>
>>62960839
for you
>>
>>62961741
I actually kind of always was suspect of that, and of Lucas meddling with what he created. He had a good base and then proceeded to fuck it up even in the OT days
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 512x768
When did you realize that Obi-Wan was a semi-civilized psychotic, clinging to the remnant of a long-dead Democracy?

http://youtu.be/XNuRfUF4Ou0
>>
>>62961841
They ruin everything they touch, don't they.
>>
>>62961870
Well they never expected ANH to be such a hit. There is a lot of different changes that were made even back during the OT from the original drafts.

For example, and this is obvious in the movie, Darth was Vader's name, and not a title. The Emperor wasn't a Sith (and what the Sith were was quite hazy too) yet either during ANH, he was just a corrupt bureaucrat. Hell, the whole "rule of two" wasn't made up until prequels.
>>
>>62959609

JUST
>>
>>62961932
Yes, but unlike Lucas, they are trying to force everything into canon. Lucas at least had the decency to distance the movies from the stupid ideas of EU. Disney wants you to accept stupid shit like Robo-Darth Maul, who has a brother named Savage Opress, and Force sensitive trees as part of the story.

Also, pic related.
>>
>>62961870
I think Disney meddling with the canon just drives the point home now that whether its shitty EU retcons, Lucas tomfuckery, or Disney's new shit that the canon is best served as headcanon or fanon.

In fact my favorite explanation of canon was described this way (paraphrased): think of all the conflicting stories and information as tales you hear at the cantina...you never know whats true or not but you can piece it together and find out some truths, believe what you want and get out of it what you will. If you think a story is too biased like in force unleashed where the powerlevels are out of whack, then take that with a grain or 2 of salt. Ultimately the story is what you make it.

And fuck Disney for making everything not canon. Fuck Lucas for getting greedy and stupid desu. And I'll take the material from the decades worth of EU I like and disregard the ones that are more like fairy tales (emperor coming back from the dead)
>>
>>62961805
>so what is X and how can it be done?
>it's something as defined by laws of physics and can be achieved through methods described in this book Y
>so I guess I'm supposed to read this?

well gee whiz billy, if you ask a question and we provide the answer for it you can either trust us or find out for your fucking self by reading the evidence and source which we also provided you dipshit
>>
>>62962035
that looks pretty efficient

Also is there a light-nunchaku? that would be cook
>>
>>62962035
its not like the new EU is any more retarded than the old EU
>>
>>62962334
I know, but at least old EU was never forced as canon like neo-EU.
>>
>>62962306

>efficient

No its retarded and so are you.

There is more two sword fighting than just covering the most amount of air volume with a blade. I would know, I am very good at sword fighting.
>>
>>62959609
this was the best scene of the entire series --
>>
>>62962347
all of the old EU was technically canon until Disney said it wasn't though
>>
>>62962334
at least the old EU had separate levels so the tardation wasn't as important
>>
>>62961619
Is it just the natural contrarian resolution to exclusively refer to him by his name that's used least in the actual movies? Or is calling him Sheev and dickriding him off into the sunset just a ha ha meme that I'm not in on?
>>
>>62962376
No, not really, Lucas made it very clear it's a parallel universe inspired by the movies, but not the same continuity as the movies.
>>
>>62962398
no one gives a shit what Lucas says anymore. I don't give a shit about Disney. Like I said I'll just cherrypick
>>
>>62962458
It was literally company policy. Only the films were ever canon until Disney.
>>
>>62962458
lel, lucas can make a gay orgy of all siths and jedis and it would be canon. stay mad fan boi
>>
>>62962505
not anymore he can't
>>
>>62962348
gay
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
The games aren't canon?

http://youtu.be/R78l7v3DqkM
>>
>>62962840

Jokes on you. I was only pretending to be gay.
>>
>>62960872
And that was technically the Emperor and Tarkin's fault. Well, that settles it, boys. Looks like ol' iron lung is in the clear.
>>
File: Palpatine ponders mind rape.png (119 KB, 359x291) Image search: [Google]
Palpatine ponders mind rape.png
119 KB, 359x291
>>62960239
I think you mean he was only 31 during Return of the Jedi.
>That feel when you always though the actor who Sheev "Lightning up his Sleeve" Palpatine was a 70 year old.
>He was only 31.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.