[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Terminator Franchise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 140350-338.jpg (45 KB, 338x480) Image search: [Google]
140350-338.jpg
45 KB, 338x480
I hadn't seen any of the terminator movies till this year. I watched T1 and T2 right before the release of Genisys. So I never had any of the nostalgia for it as many people do.

While Genisys was somewhat confusing, I did feel like it was a good sequel. The comments James Cameron said about it being true to his original films are correct in my opinion.

I think the reason it was confusing was because they left out a ton of information about what was happening ON PURPOSE and we won't find out till the next movie. But it was executed poorly.

I do agree with what people were saying about the horrible marketing and spoiling the best part of the movie in the trailer. I also didn't like Jai Courtney. I think Sam Claflin (Finnick from Hunger Games) would have been and awesome Kyle Reese. Also, I was okay with Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, but at the same time I felt she didn't portray her very well.

Anyways, I still haven't seen T3 or Salvation. Should I even bother?
>>
>>62950338
>, I did feel like it was a good sequel.

That's because you're an idiot.
>>
>>62950361

Is that the only response you have when someone as a different opinion from you? Are we 5 years old?
>>
>>62950338
T1 and T2 are the only good movies.
Salvation could have been good, but in the end it barely mediocre.
3 and Genisys are terrible.

If you want to see more stuff similar to Terminator then just watch Universal Soldier or some shit.
>>
>>62950471
Genisys is terrible in numerous ways. Do we really need to go into this shit again?
It's the worst Terminator movie to date.

Considering you liked Genisys you might actually enjoy 3 and Salvation, so go right ahead.
While you're at it you might as well watch the fan edited version of 3, Coming Storm.
>>
>>62950638
Genisys was better than T3 and T4
Deal with it fucking faggot
>>
File: 1444491963887.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1444491963887.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>62950338

>I did feel like it was a good sequel.
>>
I thought ginisys was good, but i didn't like hownit killed the canon.
>>
>>62950638
T3 is terrible and TS was almost decent but the ending ruined shit.

Genisys was at least decent. Movies sequels in general have been weak, so Genisys is decent because the curve is low anyway.
>>
>>62950361
>>62950477
>>62950638
>>62952040
>>62952106
>>62952200
>>62952219
all this people baiting
>>
>>62950638
I bet u love Salvation because u r a dark knight faggot and jack off to all the dank memes
>>
File: 1422125482725.jpg (27 KB, 484x317) Image search: [Google]
1422125482725.jpg
27 KB, 484x317
>>62952270
>not contributing shit to the thread
>accuse anons of baiting
>disappear

Yea, sounds like the average shit poster with no real opinion. If you really want attention, set your worthless ass on fire and run into the street. Then YOU can be on tv and /tv/ shit post all over your ass
>>
>>62950338
T3 is total garbage.
>>
>>62952219
>>62950477
Do people really think T4 is better than T3? They're both wastes of time, but I'd much rather watch T3. Also I think Genisys was better than both of them, despite not liking the casting.

I still don't understand why Jurassic World is the 3rd highest grossing movie the same year Genisys bombed. Regardless of the quality of either film, they were both mostly rinse and repeat scenarios of the earlier films, so why did JW do so much better.
>>
>>62950338
The Terminator
Terminator 2
The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Only Terminator stuff you should watch right there.
>>
2 > 1 > Genysis > 3 = Salvation
>>
I just downloaded Genisys, how shit should I be expecting? Should I be drinking/smoking, eating Chinese food, wanking to cut outs of Emily Clarke in People magazine? I don't expect quality.
>>
>>62954093
>so why did JW do so much better.

Because JW was actually good. It's a family film that's a sequel to a classic family film. TG is a family film that is a sequel to a classic horror film. The latter was doomed from the start.
>>
I watched T1 and T2 last year for the first time and I can tell they are far superior to genesis
>>
File: terminator-kylereese2037736.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
terminator-kylereese2037736.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>62955423

Terminator Genysis is just a pointless waste of time. Like T3, TS and that shit TV show, it completely misses the fucking point of the first two movies. They all try and bring the backstory to the front and make it the focus of the plot for some reason.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.