[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he already crazy before the movie started?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (28 KB, 978x550) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
28 KB, 978x550
Was he already crazy before the movie started?
>>
>>62948277

Yes, which is why the book is better.
>>
>>62948277

No, which is why the film is better.
>>
No one cares, which is why the book and movie are both shit.
>>
>>62948277
Maybe, which is why I like the book and the film the same.
>>
>>62948277
I don't know, which is why I like neither the film nor the book.
>>
>>62948277
You're not the boss of me now, which is why the film is not so big.
>>
>>62948277
Stephen King said the biggest mistake of the movie was casting Jack Nicholson since it surprises fucking nobody when he turns insane
>>
>>62948411

They should've gone with Alan Alda or Ed Begley Jr. Something like that.
>>
>>62948411
Its good they didn't go with Alan Alda or Ed Begley Jr. Something like that
>>
>>62948411
King is just bitter because nobody cares about his book and The Shining is widely considered a classic
>>
>>62948277
Life is unfair, which is why I have neither read the book nor seen the movie.
>>
>>62948300
This is right.

>>62948314
This is wrong.
>>
I just read the book; planning on watching the movie soon. He's not totally crazy in the beginning.
In the book it hints that Jack uses alcohol to suppress his 'shining' ability. The hotel is dry and haunted as fuck, so he is susceptible to seeing and hearing shit, but he stays in hard denial about it, causing him to rage when Danny talks about seeing the same shit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.