[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X Files
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: url.jpg (936 KB, 5100x6600) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
936 KB, 5100x6600
What are the best X Files episodes? I'm not talking about your favorite, because there will be a lot of people saying 'Home' is among the best or X-Cops. That's not the case.

I just finished watching Paper Hearts and it was incredible. Tom Noonan is one of the most unappreciated actors working today.
>>
>>62940866
>paper hearts
>ice
>ascension
>one breath
>eve
>clyde bruckman
and the holy grail...
>jose chung
>>
>>62940921
>jose chung
literally "meme: the episode"
>>
>>62940921
Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose is great. The others I either haven't seen in a while or don't hold in the same regard as Paper Hearts or Clyde Bruckman.
>>
literally the best episodes are the same ones that everyone likes (Jose Chung, Clyde Bruckman, Home, Host) stop being a pleb and just watch the entire series
>>
>>62941022
>host
it still scares me
>>
>>62941022
>stop being a pleb and just watch the entire series
implying OP shouldn't stop at like season 7.
>>
>>62941055
babby's first MOTW episode
>>
>>62941086
>implying flukeman isn't scary as fuck
>>
File: shit ep.jpg (207 KB, 1917x1080) Image search: [Google]
shit ep.jpg
207 KB, 1917x1080
>>62941022
I have. All 202 episodes and both movies...twice. Been a few years so I'm skipping around. Home is weak and Jose Chung is amateur hour.

>>62941084
The series falls off drastically during seasons 6 and 7. Seasons 8 and 9 went back to the previous tone of the first few seasons--light on the comedy and heavy on the dramatic. The opposite is true of 6 and 7. Doggett's inclusion, Mulder's absence (though looming presence), and Scully adopting the role of believer to Doggett's skepticism was what the series needed at that point. It saved the show, imo.
>>
>>62941204
>Jose Chung is amateur hour.
take that back you black-lunged son of a bitch.
>It saved the show, imo.
did it really though? i feel like it's too out of character for scully that it would ruin it. i havent reached that point yet, though
>>
pine bluff variant
host
musings of a cigarette smoking man
>>
File: smoking man.jpg (47 KB, 720x520) Image search: [Google]
smoking man.jpg
47 KB, 720x520
>>62941268
The final two seasons weren't nearly as good as 1, 4, and even 5, but they were a welcomed change for me, anyways. Scully didn't go full believer. Compared to Doggett, though, she came off that way...at least to him.

The main gripe I hear about from the final two seasons is that Mulder isn't in it. He is, just not nearly as much. He became a peripheral plot device. That fact kept it interesting and made his return and the finale worth while. The only real shame was that we didn't get a 2012 movie or final season to wrap up the mythology neatly. My expectations for this reboot are extremely low. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but it's hard to see it playing out that way.
>>
Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man is GOAT X-Files episode.

Perfectly fleshed out a mysterious villain while also keeping his mystery. Shame the mythology of the show went from great to shit.
>>
>>62941371
>Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man

I just finished that one a few hours ago. Great episode. His backstory and the reveal of just how deep the conspiratorial rabbit hole goes was really well done.
>>
in musings of a csm when they call him and tell him his story is gonna be published.
>feels good man
>>
File: cig.jpg (17 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
cig.jpg
17 KB, 639x480
>>62941648
>tfw they changed the ending
>>
>>62941648
in musings of a csm when he reads his published story and realizes it was a shitty magazine and they completely changed his story and you could see the look on his face when he accepts that he'll always be alone, and his dream of being an author, the only thing he had left, is gone.
>feels bad man
>>
>>62941738
when he asks the magazine stand guy for a pack of morley's
>feels bad man
>>
>>62941738
I don't think the fact that it was just some smut rag bothered him as much as them changing the story. Getting published, no matter where, is an accomplishment and enough to keep a writer going through the process.
>>
>>62940921
>one breath
when scully's dad talks to her ;-;
>>
>>62941552
>comedy episode
>turn great villain into joke
>DUDE FORREST GUMP PARODY LMAO

it was weak, very weak.
>>
When Queequeg got eaten by an alligator.
>>
>>62941738
Based on the actual life of E. Howard Hunt, Watergate conspirator who might have been involved in the Kennedy assassination; he wrote spy novels with occult themes under a pseudonym.
>>
File: Musings of a CSM.jpg (80 KB, 968x728) Image search: [Google]
Musings of a CSM.jpg
80 KB, 968x728
I get the feel that cigarette smoking man is so depressed that he shitposts bane threads all day
>>
>>62941964
>comedy episode
what?
>turn great villain into joke
again what? They had to flesh him out. It was 100% necessary. It's impossible for an audience to care about a villain you know nothing about.
>DUDE FORREST GUMP PARODY LMAO
again what? Your brain has been fried by memes, anon.

>>62941994
I didn't know that. Thanks for the knowledge bomb, Anon.
>>
>>62941964
i bet your favorite villain is krycek
>>
>>62942062
see post above you
he sits on a bench with some bum and gives him his box of chocolates and waxes poetic about how much life sucks after seeing his story is in a trashy mag and all butchered
>>
>>62942112
Yes, that was the last scene of the episode if IIRC.

And it was intentionally hammy. X-Files was intentionally hammy. They even talk about it in behind the scenes. They were worried they got too heavy in that episode and strayed too far from the show's tone.
>>
>>62942062
>again what? They had to flesh him out. It was 100% necessary. It's impossible for an audience to care about a villain you know nothing about.

thats not true at all, its the opposite

you care about him precisely because you know nothing about him
you want to learn more so you're interested in him

it's a great episode, one of the best but unnecessary, they kept him sufficiently murky with it though.

finding out more info is why the whole story ark turned to shit, it was interesting when you didn't know anything about it, when they started revealing more of it it became uninteresting.
>>
>>62942112
The bum picks the chocolates out of the trash. He pontificates on his reality. It wasn't funny at all and gave a glimpse into his view of the world. You're a fool.
>>
>>62942188
>It wasn't funny at all

it tried to be. hard.
>>
>>62942217
As if we needed more proof that you have no clue what you're talking about...
>>
>>62942183
>you care about him precisely because you know nothing about him
That's subjective and your opinion senpai. It's also a very unpopular opinion.

>they kept him sufficiently murky with it though.
Which is precisely why I think it was excellent. They gave you just enough to care about him as an antagonist, without exposing any of the secrets Mulder is looking for.

>finding out more info is why the whole story ark turned to shit
Not at all. The story ark turned to shit because the show went on way too fucking long and they switched writers way too many fucking times.
>>
>>62942062
>missing obvious jokes and pop-culture references

You're not watching this show properly, mate.
>>
File: OTN.png (739 KB, 961x771) Image search: [Google]
OTN.png
739 KB, 961x771
>>62940921
>Paper Hearts
Because it has best girl

>>62941268
Season 8-9 weren't great but they are criminally underrated in that people will skip them entirely despite there being many gem episodes
>>
>>62942319
>mom and dad said i could watch the movie
"they're next door. they left me in charge ;-;"
the fact that he has the entire conversation memorized and replays it god knows how many times is so damn heart breaking
>>
>>62942392
>ayy lmaos show up
"not again! Samantha, run!"
>>
File: Anderson.png (369 KB, 1199x900) Image search: [Google]
Anderson.png
369 KB, 1199x900
This episode was overrated but it had some nice cinématics
>>
>>62942188
>implying what you wrote was any different than what I wrote you fucking sperg
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.