[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: tlk_sr1_kv_28_01_2015_178[1].jpg (132 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
tlk_sr1_kv_28_01_2015_178[1].jpg
132 KB, 670x377
So is this any good?
>>
Yeah it is. Varies from 'solid' to 'pretty cool.'

The latest episode is dramatically only 'solid', but the fact that the basic background story is historical helps cover up when the drama lacks creativity or depth.

Some previous episodes have been pretty good dramatically though, playing well on the theme of religion.
>>
It's ok, I like it better than the bastard executioner. If you like Vikings then you'll probably like it. Although not quite as good as Vikings it seems to be roughly based on the same pseudo-historical events.
>>
>>62938345
Yeah, if only for the setting. Though you will start calling Utrid, Dumbass son of Dumbass the more you watch it. The man has no mind for politics when dealing with the Saxons.
>>
>>62938722
Agreed, although the same could be said about Alfred and his dealing with Uhtred, rewarding that other fag for winning that battle and giving Uhtred the shaft. They are both frustrating, seems like they could settle shit easily but the dumbassery continues every episode.
>>
I like it, but damn Uthred has one of the strongest plot armor I've ever seen
>>
>>62938722
>Dumbass son of Dumbass
agreed
every time he speaks to the king i cringe
>>
>>62938844
Alfred is playing by the political rules of the court. The soldier even told Uhtred "Go claim credit for what you have done before someone else does."

And old Alf is just like "Hey man, a king can't be made a fool of in front of his subjects or be shown to back down against a turncoat barbarian in his own court. So tough titties." That's what Uhtred has been hammered for every time. He always makes a very public spectacle of calling out the king.
>>
>>62938844
the difference with alfred is he is utrid's lord. he has every right to what he does. utrid needs to take a knee.
>>
>>62938345
kek is that richard garriot
>>
>>62938935
Yeah, fair enough. It's just Alfred is supposed to be wise so I figured he'd be a little more logical, but he's already given Uhtred enough leeway, and yes- when Uhtred throws his little tantrums and calls out the king I'd have to agree, "tough titties".
>>
>>62939053
he hasn't burned utrid at the stake... wisdom can only provide so much patience to insolent foreigners.
>>
>>62939090
>>62939053
his kingdom is also in periodic mortal peril so there's that
>>
>>62939123
also utrid keeps saving it... if only before and after he'd take a knee, do the sign of the cross, and say "for you, my lord" like a man who likes being the king favorite subject.
>>
Ok so this might be a dumb question but: Ragnar or Ragnar son of Ragnar, do you figure that either of those guys are supposed to be of any relation to the real life historical figure that Ragnar from Vikings is loosely based on? ... If that makes sense. Because it's the same period when the Danes were raiding England right?
>>
>Lysflower crown before French takeover

was this show made by an idiot ?
>>
>>62939244
kinda
>Ragnar Lodbrok or Lothbrok (Old Norse: Ragnarr Loðbrók, "Ragnar Hairy Breeches") was a legendary Norse ruler, king, and hero from the Viking Age described in Old Norse poetry and several sagas. In this tradition, Ragnar was the scourge of France and England and the father of many renowned sons, including Ivar the Boneless, Björn Ironside, Halfdan Ragnarsson, Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye, and Ubba. While these men are historical figures, it is uncertain whether Ragnar himself existed or really fathered them. Many of the tales about him appear to conflate the deeds of several historical Viking heroes and rulers.
from wiki
>>
>>62939244
Ubba is Ragnar's son
The others i really don't know
>>
>>62939287
Interesting, so it sounds like Ragnar is more of a 'Merlin' type figure, more myth and legend than fact.
>>
>Danes live a way cooler life than the Saxons
>If they'd colonized Britain our society would be way more progressive
Why even live
>>
>>62939425
viking life sounds exhausting to me
>>
>>62939476
You're free to do a bunch of shit man, i'd love it
>>
>>62938345
Yeah I'm liking it. The actor who plays Alfred is great.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 1366x768
>>62939476
I dunno man, the whole taking part in an orgy while tripping on shrooms and sacrificing virgins thing sounds kinda fun.
>>
>>62939425
They might seem cool but I don't know how that would translate into being more progressive. Alfred the Great was known to progress his kingdom in terms of education and that, setting things up for the England we know bow.
>>
>>62939604
Yeah I'm sure that would help progress your society a lot. Damn hippies.
>>
>>62939604
fun, yes, but also exhausting
you're also more likely to make better plans for the week quietly praying in a beautifully crafted stone cathedral
>>
>>62939721
i suppose that's my point
a blood orgy tripping in the woods is good for today but leaves you nothing for the morning but bodily fluids and dehydration
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.