[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Office after Michael leaves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_m8u3d5jAZw1qkgh4go1_500.jpg (34 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8u3d5jAZw1qkgh4go1_500.jpg
34 KB, 500x277
>Michael leaves The Office
>everything goes to shit
>the show gets dumb and boring
>The Office should have just finished when Michael left

What if the writers intended for everything to go to shit?

At some point, you'll work with someone really special, and they will brighten up your day at the workplace. But eventually, those special people have to leave, and the show's over, so to speak.

So what do you do next week? You return to the tedium of the office. And you slowly die inside as the train continues, seemingly going nowhere.

A perfect metaphor for your life in a cubicle.
>>
>>62933489
the the writers just wanted you to watch the office uk senpai desu
>>
why did he leave again
>>
I thought it could have had legs if they kept Will Farrel. Or just any other "real" comedic actor, and not tried to make Ed Helms lead the show when he's just not funny enough to be the focus.
>>
>>62933784
because being the lead on a sitcom for seven years can be exhausting, and Steve Carell is enough of a star that he didn't need the show just to live.
>>
I liked Robert California
>>
The show was struggling before he left. Yes, it got worse due to his absence, but by the time Michael left, the writers had clearly run out of good ideas.
>>
>>62933489
I stopped watching The Office once Michael left and subsequently discovered that Parks and Rec was better in every way.
>>
>>62933823
will ferrel was fucking atrocious in the office
i want to smack you
>>
>>62933823
I've never understood Helms' appeal. I never thought he was that good on TDS and I couldn't stand him on The Office once they started giving him a larger role.
>>
It definitely got worse when he left

He was wss judt too perfect for the role when he left it felt so weird
>>
the show suffered when they took Helm's and made him a kekhold loser - who got cheated on multiple times, beat up, fired and rehired and embarrassed constantly by everyone. it wasnt funny, just awkward.
season 9 was alittle bit better , but even then it made no sense that jim and others only worked part time there while essentially moving on to different careers
>>
stopped watching at season 6 man shit was getting too repetitive

people just dont know how to end things anymore.
>>
>>62933489
I refused to watch this show after he left
Did I make a good choice?
>>
>>62933823
Is it possible to name a single movie/show that Holmes hasn't dragged down because of his presence? He's like an even shittier version of that dude in Meet the Robinsons.
>>
The show could have ended at Season 5 and it would have been a satisfying ending and overall great run.

Season 6 and Season 8 were the worst seasons because they were in-between seasons. 7 was about building up to Michael leaving and 9 was about everyone realizing that the office wasn't going to last forever. The show was at its worst when the characters became too comfortable and happy with the surroundings they once hated. Season 9 is a great ending season because everyone, especially Pam, learns this lesson and either moves on or at least gains back the humility they had lost.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.