[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the last film that made you cry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 18
File: 32143245.jpg (57 KB, 628x600) Image search: [Google]
32143245.jpg
57 KB, 628x600
What was the last film that made you cry?
>>
>>62933467
That shot at the end of The Peanuts Movie when they fade into the Schultz drawing... Almost got me. It was really sweet. That's the closest I've come in a long while.
>>
>not wetting the toothbrush before you put the past on
>>
>>62933539
>Wetting the toothbrush at all
>>
File: 13287468867294.jpg (207 KB, 2900x2355) Image search: [Google]
13287468867294.jpg
207 KB, 2900x2355
>>62933555
>>
>>62933467
The Land Before Time
>>
File: downfall.jpg (48 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
downfall.jpg
48 KB, 400x600
>>
File: 220px-Saloposter.jpg (20 KB, 220x333) Image search: [Google]
220px-Saloposter.jpg
20 KB, 220x333
>>
>>62933529
Same.

Ending was a bit cheesy, but it was so cute with that fade out.
>>
File: re.jpg (118 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
118 KB, 640x360
>>
File: imagehandler.jpg (20 KB, 620x410) Image search: [Google]
imagehandler.jpg
20 KB, 620x410
Closing monologue of "End of The Tour"
It annoyed the hell out of me too because it was super cheap and I could tell I was being manipulated as it happened
Just a few little teary beads in the corners of my eyes, but yes, it broke me.

pretty bad movie on the whole. jason segal did a bad dfw
>>
>>62933529
>Schultz drawing
did you see it in theaters
>>
>>62935425
>Boy In The Stripped Pajamas
This is the only correct answer.
Crying is for faggots in general.
>>
burn after reading when john malcovich's character is talking to his dad on the boat

i've already seen it and i love the comedy but that part just makes me sad
>>
>>62935481
>being this insecure
>>
File: man_for_all_seasons.jpg (71 KB, 460x755) Image search: [Google]
man_for_all_seasons.jpg
71 KB, 460x755
>>62933467
Serious Answer. The ending was "Of Mice and Men" tier.
>>
>>62935481
>i cried to this movie
> crying is for faggots
top kek
>>
>>62935481
I wish more movies actually made me cry
>>
i cant remember what movie i shed some tears to. i know i did but just cant remember
>>
>>62933467

The last thing that got me close was a short documentary about a family that made a bunch of miniature homes and would put them along the pathways of a local park, presenting them as fairy houses. They would also update the houses and move things around from time to time to make it seem like fairies really lived in them. Set up little wedding festivals, stuff like that. All anonymous too, or for as long as it could be. The park authorities eventually cracked down on them and they had to remove all the little houses. Anyway, the documentary revealed that the people behind it were a mom and her two sons who move from city to city really often. Eventually they had to move again so the place was doomed from the start.

Here's a blog about it;
https://fireflyforestwatcher.wordpress.com/tag/overland-park/
>>
>>62933529
I almost cried three times during that movie. The beginning when they're all on the ice rink, when Charlie helps out his sister on stage, and then the ending. Peanuts always gets me, such a great movie
>>
>Last time i shed a tear was when i watched the Tyson documentary about Mike Tyson when he talks about cus d'amato.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNJ7vwBLKjc
>>
>>62935645
Mike Tyson is a bro.
>>
>>62933539
He's a nigger. cut him some slack
>>
>>62935425
I think Segel did a great job. Can you explain what you didn't like about his performance?
>>
Never cried over a movie. The videos scene in Interstellar gave me a lump in my throat.
LOST is the only tv show I've ever cried over.
>>62933539
>wet the toothbrush
>paste it
>slightly wet the paste so it spreads out a bit on the brush
The trouble is he put too much on. You should never need more than a pea's worth of toothpaste.
>>
>>62935832
>pea's worth of toothpaste

What are you a manlet or a woman? No real man can get anything done with only that little amount of toothpaste
>>
File: youth-poster - Copy.jpg (45 KB, 553x339) Image search: [Google]
youth-poster - Copy.jpg
45 KB, 553x339
>>62933467
>>
PK
>>
>>62936002
killa
>>
>>62935832
>>62933555
>>62933539
>Apply paste to toothbrush
>Use tongue to push paste into brush
>Rinse brush, paste stays where you want it

Problem solved, try it next time.
>>
>>62935874
The recommended amount of toothpaste needed to maintain oral health is 0.25g, or a 'pea sized' amount, based on the amount of fluoride necessary to treat each tooth. Look it up. Most of the literature refers to toothpaste application in children under 8, but it's the same recommendation for adults.
>>
>>62936014
>degenerate way of doing it

Fucking idiots all of you. You apply the toothpaste directly into your mouth and swoosh it around then you take the toothbrush and brush. This way you have it evenly applied throughout your mouth unlike you stupid fucks only getting it in certain places.
>>
>>62936040
>they recommend it for children under 8
>I'm sure an adult would need the same amount

Are you actually this retarded?
>>
>>62935425
fucking this, a total low blow
I personally really liked the movie and thought segel did a great job, I had no idea he could act
they used the same music in me and earl and the dying girl to get the same effect
>>
Admittedly I teared up during Inside Out a few times

also teared up during that newer episode of South Park with Barbrady taking care of his old dog (just lost mine last month who looked kind of like him without the patches).
>>
File: 22840266[1].jpg (30 KB, 284x398) Image search: [Google]
22840266[1].jpg
30 KB, 284x398
yeah yeah, I know 4chan's too cynical to find this powerful or inspirational but it didn't stop me from tearing up a few times
>>
Haven't cried in almost a decade.
Watch a Shane Koyczan video last night and fucking lost it.
Can't believe that fat neck beard literally broke me for a few minutes.
>>
>>62936272
His words carry extra weight.
>>
>>62936059
They recommend it for all ages, I know this, I just can't find it on pubmed, presumably because it doesn't merit study. It's in tons of articles written by dentists though
http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/oral-care/products/green-toothpaste.htm
https://www.sharecare.com/health/healthy-oral-hygiene/how-much-toothpaste-should-use
http://www.harrisdental.com/blog/how-much-toothpaste-should-you-be-using/
>A small pea-sized amount of toothpaste is sufficient for adults.
>Most adults tend to think that it is necessary to cover the entire brushing surface of a toothbrush because of the way toothpaste is advertised on television. Liberal use of toothpaste is far too much; it is only necessary for adults to use an estimated pea sized dab of toothpaste to properly clean their teeth.
>The consensus appears to be that nobody needs any more than a blob the size of a pea. Period.
>>
Shit, the last time I cried during a movie was at the end of Captain Phillips where he gets rescued and starts breaking down in the medical bay
>>
>>62933467
Marley and me, Hachiko.
Dogs always get me.
>>
File: 1419380087842.png (138 KB, 421x240) Image search: [Google]
1419380087842.png
138 KB, 421x240
>>62935801
To me it almost felt like Segal was acting out DFW's own projected image and not DFW himself. You don't need to look beyond the DFW interviews all over Youtube to see the difference.

He was portrayed as too much of a big gentle giant/stoner type in End of The Tour... almost like Segal's character in I Love You, Man.
In reality DFW seemed like a much more high strung, anxiety ridden, and over-analytical person, at least when he had his guard up for press stuff. Later in life it seems he mellowed out a bit, but there's no question around the Infinite Jest time his guard was way up.

He didn't seem bookish enough in the movie. He was just some 'guy' who seemed to shit out Infinite Jest by some miracle. He's a guy who described his life as taking place mostly in libraries. He's a guy who'd probably be arguing on /tv/ and /lit/ hours a day if 4chan existed in his youth and would love to talk someone's ear off about high falootin academia.

The movie makes him out to be some idiot savant. The part where they're watching SPEED or whatever and it shows his face laughing like a big innocent dummy was embarrassing. Again, not wrong altogether, I'm sure he took Lipsky to that movie and loved it, but not as some Pooh Bear kid with a sparkle in his eye.

I guess more succinctly, he just didn't seem very smart in the movie. It felt like every piece of insight he had was appearing by some voice speaking through him and not from the character himself.

And finally to quote some other anon
>they dress him as a hobo and putting layers of coats on an already broad as fuck guy like segal just makes him look fucking ridiculous. Yes, i know dfw was 6'2 himself, but he certainly wasn't a giant fucking rectangluar homelessman like in the film.
>>
>>62936342
Lol. Pussy ass bitch nigga.
>>
>>62936312
When I would use that small amount though literally nothing would get done. I mean it seems impossible to get that shit all the way through, I'd have to stop and put more on just so I felt like I was actually doing something. I'm telling you for a fact all those studies are lies. There's no way in hell anyone other then manlets and women use that small amount. I need a man's serving, not an 8year old's serving.
>>
>>62933467
I can't remember that a movie would have ever made me cry.
>>
When Piccolo dies.
>>
File: room_still.jpg (44 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
room_still.jpg
44 KB, 675x380
Room. Maybe it was emotionally manipulative and maybe I'm weak, but I'll be damned if I didn't well up when Brie Larson saw her son safe after she was free. Everything else about the movie aside, her performance was magnificent.
>>
File: anomalisa.jpg (24 KB, 523x275) Image search: [Google]
anomalisa.jpg
24 KB, 523x275
Can barely describe the way this affected me; it's so profoundly sad.
>>
File: ikiru2 (1).jpg (193 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ikiru2 (1).jpg
193 KB, 1280x720
Ikiru gets me every time...
>>
>>62933467

TEXAS RISING

When Ray Liotta was talking about how nobody could possibly fathom what surviving the Alamo seige would be like for anyone...

dam son

powerful stuff
>>
File: vVsjW9D.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
vVsjW9D.jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
>>62933467
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
>>
>>62936349
If you didn't think Segal's DFW was a high strung and anxious prick then maybe you're an autist
>>
None of them because I'm not a faggot.
>>
American History X
>>
>>62933467
you bow to no one
>>
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 813x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 813x442
>>62933467

Interstellar. I'm sorry.
T'was the music - grande emotional music always gets to me, same with the La Crimosa scene in Tree of Life.
>>
More than once

And Im a 26 old guy
>>
>>62933467
is this toothpaste scene from somewhere?
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 290x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 290x200
>>62938476

>being straight = having no emotions
>>
File: ist.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ist.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>62933467
This
>>
I don't really cry much but the last film that made me was Gladiator

That score during the last scene man
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.