[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ash. VS Ebil Ded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9
File: p12062724_b_v8_aa[1].jpg (326 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p12062724_b_v8_aa[1].jpg
326 KB, 960x1440
New episode has been on stream sites all day.
What did you think?

I thought it was pretty weak and they are already milking the cool demon cow in the very next episode.
>>
>>62923028
Weakest of the series so far.
Reusing the demon makes sense cos it explains why it just disappeared when hit by the book but they should've saved it for a later episode.

Black cop chick was bloody awful too.
>>
>>62923175
Black cop shouldve been written out of the scripts.
Fucking pointless, especially since lucy lawless has now revealed she has the same exact motivation and is also chasing him. Hope she dies soon. (never going to happen)
>>
>>62923272
Honestly she needs to be written out and someone needs to be fired solely for "Let's get that motherfucker!"
>>
>>62923431
What made it worse was the deadite saying motherfucker 2 seconds after. Don't try to hype people up with a "Motherfucker" and then say the exact same word in a different manner within 5 seconds of eachother.
>>
>>62923572
That really bothered me.
>>
>>62923028
I personally had a blast again.

The trip was very enjoyable imo.
>>
>>62924413
Oh good. Thought I may have been alone there.

>>62924934
The Trip was sort of interesting I guess, but it also seemed like major filler.
I hate 30 minute episodes. I don't generally watch anything that is less then 1 hour. Might skip all the rest and just binge em. subscribe to my blog.
>>
>funkadelic
A++
>>
Stream

Bretty good dot com

Bretty good dot com
>>
>>62926130
nope
>>
Thought it was good.

The side part with the chick cop was weak, but that was like 4-6 minutes total.

Love the trip sequence.
>>
>>62927685
That's because chick cop and whatsherface are obnoxious boring characters
>>
anybody else disappointed that they showed the chasing thing in the woods and that it was just a cloud?
>>
>>62927762
Maybe it's just in the cloud. We don't know if it's the Lost monster
>>
>>62927685
I suspect the cop chick storyline hasn't really started yet. I also think the short episodes don't really help as they have to rush everything and not spend that much time on the characters.

Great tits though.
>>
>>62923272
>since lucy lawless has now revealed she has the same exact motivation and is also chasing him

You think Lucy was telling the truth?
Its obvious she's hiding something when the deadite was about to blab and she decapitated him.
>>
>>62927762
Yeah...probably the dumbest thing they could have done. The movies will never be the same.
>>
The real problem is not making Army of Darkness canon.

Now there will be no time travel tie ins...
>>
>>62927899
They can't.
I assume they wanted to.
>>
>>62923028
it's a show built around fanservice, seriously wtf do you want form it?
>>
>>62927825
That did seem pretty suspicious, although they didn't really direct the shot like they meant it to be that way. Kind of done all in a nonchalant way.

>>62927899
Yeah, I wonder if the right owners just simply didnt want to work with them, or they asked for too much money
>>
>>62927944
Well even if they didn't intend it that way, that's the way it seemed to me. So I'm suspicious of Lucy now. But then I was suspicious of her since the first episode.
>>
Bet Lucy is a dark one. Also, Episode 4 was the weakest for me as well
>>
How is Jacksonville?
>>
>>62928790
Pretty sure jacksonville is niggertown, a low class city. Which may make his dream a funny joke.
>>
>>62928790
Whenever I hear Jacksonsillve I can't help but think of Fringe and all the shit that happened to Olivia there.
>>
>we saw the camera monster
>WE SAW THE CAMERA MONSTER

It's over, Raimi is finished.
>>
File: Ash.vs.Evil.Dead.jpg (115 KB, 720x789) Image search: [Google]
Ash.vs.Evil.Dead.jpg
115 KB, 720x789
>>62928790
This was so fucking heartwrenching for me that I was on the verge of tears. Ash wishes for so little, godamn.
>his hands
>two beers
>his lizard
>a dock
You know on one hand I agree this episode was a touch boring but on the other hand this series has given us so much more insight into who Ash Williams truly IS compared to any of the movies.

As guys who are all (by anyone's standards, if not by Hollywood standards) very wealthy and successful, how do Campbell/Raimi/et al. so accurately capture that kind of white trailer trash ennui and desperation? Is it just memories of people they knew in their own upbringing?

>>62928834
Which they implied in the show because Ash clearly stated he'd never been there.
>>
>>62928997
>>62928855

nevermind, I might of been thinking of the city "homestead"
>>
I was really disappointed after the last episode.
>>
Weakest episode of the series thus far but still immensely entertaining. I've never liked the cop so I wasn't too thrilled by her scenes but Ash's trip was 10/10. Overall the episode was an 8/10.
>>
>>62928873
Weren't they on a dirt road? It's entirely possible that the camera monster kicked up a large dust cloud.
>>
>Ash gets a new hand
>he's not the one who makes it, Pablo is
Are we ever going to see Ash's engineering skills in this? I suppose the boomstick chute in his trailer counts, but we didn't get a cool mini-montage of him making it like in ED2 or AoD.
>>
>>62929370
Watching that scene my first impression was that Pablo found the old mech hand and was just repairing it, especially with his comments about all the cool upgrades he could add to it.
>>
By far the worst episode but even at its worst this show is lightyears ahead of everything that's currently airing on TV except for Fargo. I hope the next episode is on the same level as episodes 2 and 3.
>>
File: smoke.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
smoke.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>62929292
Ash refers to it as a "drafter"
>>
>>62929370
I'm personally hoping we get a couple montages of Ash building shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmI3pJHIT90

https://youtu.be/2gSf5UMZ8ms?t=128

>I suppose the boomstick chute in his trailer counts
There was also his chainsaw starter and shotgun holster he improvised from Kelly's belt.
>>
File: I love the power glove.jpg (61 KB, 364x325) Image search: [Google]
I love the power glove.jpg
61 KB, 364x325
>>62929406
I did get a kick out of the base for the new hand being a power glove ripoff.
>>
>>62929469
That's nothing to do with what kind of monster it was.

It's just a racing term, 'drafting'. Basically staying right up a cars bumper to keep in its slipstream.
>>
Didn't like his head in jar that was the only shitty thing about it.
>>
>>62929635
I agree with you. The idea was fine but the execution looked bad & cheap.
>>
File: glasshole.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
glasshole.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>62929635
>>62929673
It's totally mind bottling.
>>
>>62929673
it had the low budget charm

Great episode
>>
>>62929933
This. I got a good laugh out of that scene.
>>
>>62929932
>tfw it reminds me of Wayne Newton
Mein seitin.
>>
>>62929932
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w10M490oTA
>>
File: 1448166634007.gif (4 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1448166634007.gif
4 MB, 400x224
>>62928790
>How is Jacksonville?

This guy's from Jacksonville, should tell you all you need to know...
>>
So if Evil Dead 2 is a reboot/remake of Evil Dead then why do Evil Dead flashbacks/clips play mixed with Evil Dead 2 flashbacks?
>>
>>62930994
Evil Dead 2 was a sequel to Evil Dead that retconned out his friends
>>
>>62927762
Yes, and I'm disappointed that they gave it a name.
>>
>Xena found Ash's right hand
Are they going to have another insane fight
>>
>>62931037
but the first episode showed the pencil scene and had Ash mention his friends.
Not picking fault, I just want to know whats canon and whats not
>>
>>62923028
This is the best show on television right now. Yeah, this was more of an internal episode than previous ones, but this is fucking television, not a movie. Shit requires explanation. Haters be losers.

Also, hating on the black chick? Fucking show has another season planned already. You bitches are short-sighted and will be singing her fucking praises once her character is more developed. Cunts. CUNTS, that's all you are, /tv/! Fuck you, anyone who doesn't think this is the best show on television.

And if you don't like this show, never bitch about CGI in anything ever again. Fucker.
>>
>>62931355
She's clearly going to join Ash's group at the end of the season
>>
>>62931355
>And if you don't like this show, never bitch about CGI in anything ever again. Fucker.

this is literally CGI: the show
>>
>>62931237
>>62931037
So did he get to bring friends or what?
>>
>>62931355
it's ASH vs evil dead, not Ash and his continuing group of buddies made to appeal to a multicultural market. Fuck anyone who actually likes anyone other than Ash. Pablo I can tolerate, but him being there is just an excuse to add more people like the dumb black cunt and the bitchy spic chick. Gmilf Xena warrior princess looks like she'll be a time waster too
>>
>>62931456

it was okay with the agency
>>
>>62931553
Like I said, it's a fucking TV show. Fucking put up with the filler characters so they can make Campbell's scenes more worth it. By the time it's over, this show is going to have more content than Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness COMBINED and this motherfucker is old and doesn't exactly see himself defined by his role as Ash. CAMPBELL ISN'T GOING TO AGREE TO BE IN EVERY SCENE. Wake up to reality and deal with it, bitch. Still the best goddamn show on television.
>>
>>62931553

calm your autism bro. a series needs some characters. and its 2015; /pol/ lost, you have to accept the hamfisted diversity.
>>
>>62931642
fuck off pablo
>>
I've never seen Ash VS Ebil Ded.
>>
>>62931937
you're missing out, friend.
>>
>>62932057
I have been watching and enjoying Ash Vs Evil Dead.
>>
>>62931675
ur the autist. I don't hate the girl characters because they are black/hispanic, I hate them because they are bad actors and add nothing to the story. they literally just waste time and do the most predictable boring things.
>>
>>62931642
calm down you fucking faggot nobody likes you
>>
>>62932184
hey man chill out. that guy is just over enthusiastic over this show. no need to drive him to suicide over it
>>
anyone going on a massive bruce cambellcore binge? Rewatching bubba ho tep and just discovered Jack of all trades my sides are dying
>>
Episode was on the boring side compared to others but that's fine, and a lot of the mind trip scenes were still pretty charming

Pretty bothered by them showing that dust cloud as the camera entity, but the kind anon who suggested maybe it was just a dust trail kicked up by the monster has allowed me to rationalize it and not get triggered. Thanks to >>62929292
>>
>you will never be a ghostbeater
>>
>>62932184
Yeah, fuck you, motherfucker. I have like 2 people who like me. But that doesn't make the show any less THE BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION.
>>
>tfw live in Jacksonville
I would rather be haunted by Deadites desu senpai
>>
>>62931355
>>62931553

The black chick has INCREDIBLE tits.
>>
>>62932446
I understand your sentiment, but honestly, it's better to rip off the band-aid now about the Darkness having some sort of visible form than later. Even if it's not what the Raimis brothers envisioned for the more pure movies version of the Darkness, the show would have gotten around to it eventually. Best prepare yourself for when they reveal the actual, physical form of the Darkness further than that, if they show it at all. I certainly hope that an invisible cloud of evil just kicking up a cloud of dust in its wake is the furthest they take it.

This is going to be Evil Dead in television form, and we need to accept that.
>>
>>62927762
I thought they've shown it before.
>>
Still waiting for the 'pus rig' lucy mentionted in an interview
>>
So what should I watch that's canon for this show?
I've only seen army of darkness and that's not even canon
>>
>>62933747
That's it made flesh after the right passage from the Necronomicon was read.
>>
Who owns the rights to the movies?

I know they're a clusterfuck
>>
>>62934735
Evil Dead II is sufficient, but I'd just watch them both, because why not, it's only two movies and classics at that.

Technically speaking AoD might be canon, they just can't directly mention/reference it in any way. Which is a damn shame, yes.
>>
>>62934826
Is the game cannon?
>>
>>62934820
universal owns the rights to army of darkness and it isn't worth dividing the profits and giving them right of approval for ash vs evil dead
>>
Good show, Weak episode.

Black cop is awful and made redundant by superior lucy lawless having same goal with even better backstory.

The first person camera monster is a cloud, why? 30 years to think about and that's the best they could come up with?

Brujo was just a shit fucking actor.

Also since when the fuck is pablo a robotic engineer? He's creating a fully articulated robotic hand that will somehow link to ashes brain out of a fucking nintendo power glove. I know they want to give ash he mechanical hand back but surely they could think of something different.

This show has some terrible writing and shitty amateur actors. Bruce Campbell's charisma and goofy ass kicking is the sole saving grace of this show but he won't be able to carry it without good creative decision making thst this show has been lacking since the pilot. It's just not good without raimi.
>>
This episode was boring. Felt like it was just building up to shit going down next episode.

Absolutely loved the first couple episodes but I feel like the gimmicky appeal has worn off for me.
>>
>>62929469
Looks like it's purposely being covered up by the dirt on the road.
>>
File: CJmG6mJVAAAxJnU.jpg (58 KB, 599x899) Image search: [Google]
CJmG6mJVAAAxJnU.jpg
58 KB, 599x899
>>62935003
ash made a mechanical hand out of pieces of armor and some books in his trunk

>>62935042
I feel like this show is building up to Lucy/Bruce conflicts and eventual teamwork
>>
>calling character development filler
>>
>>62934820
Original is owned by New Line/Warner Bros

Sequel is owned by Anchor Bay, AKA Starz

Third is owned by Universal

Remake owned by Sony
>>
>>62935003
>The first person camera monster is a cloud, why?
I don't think it was a reveal or that there's anything in particular to see behind that camera angle even in the movies. The cloud was just another demonic force of the moment and we saw the camera movement in the same context we always have, of some evil approaching. Last episode the camera movement was just a device to show distance between two different locations, which was probably more objectionable.
>>
>>62935103
welcome to /tv/
>>
I'm about five minutes in and I'm actually upset by the portrayal of the Evil Dead force. They finally show it in the slightest bit after all these years and it's a cartoon tornado.

>>62935329
>I don't think it was a reveal or that there's anything in particular to see behind that camera angle even in the movies

In every Evil Dead movie, especially 2, AoD, and even the pilot episode of the show. People react to the 'evil' camera presence. Ash even runs from it in AoD. It's very clearly meant to be a physical force, or at least a visible force, and the fact that it has never once been shown or asked to be shown was endearing.

Now it isn't.
>>
>>62928790
its bible town
>>
>>62936211
>It's very clearly meant to be a physical force, or at least a visible force, and the fact that it has never once been shown or asked to be shown was endearing.
I took it to be unseen because it was invisible, like a bad air or an approaching sound. I do recall Ash standing at the cabin door and slamming the door as the camera zooms up to him, but I didn't take that to mean he was really seeing something moreso than just being aware that it was coming. And if it was something visible, come to think of that, I think it would have to be some sort of cloud or something. the demons, possessed friends & trees etc all show themselves and don't ever move over the ground or through the air like that, and you wouldn't expect them to.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.