[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw an early screening. It sucked. Ask me anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 486x720
Just saw an early screening. It sucked. Ask me anything.
>>
>early screening

It's playing for weeks already
>>
>>62915230

did they show the guy being birthed from a cow?
>>
>>62915230
any memes?
>>
>early screening

This has been out for almost two months

It was also great so you're probably just a fucking pleb
>>
Is Assassin's Creed gonna suck too?
>>
>>62915319
>early screening in america

Another American here. He is a fucking pleb.
>>
>>62915248
>being eurotrash

>>62915257
Nah sorry f a m

>>62915265
Worst part of the film, its lacking any real "bad" moment or memey scenes. Just a lot of nothingness (I'm not surprised the UK is fucking loving this desu)
>>
>>62915265
LUNACY
>>
>>62915319
>pleb
Come off it anon

>>62915353
Is that even a real question? Maybe if they put jade in as the chick
>>
>>62915370

no cow birth, no ticket sale
>>
It was great visually and had some good acting but the dialogue prevented me from connecting with it. Probably the most offensive reaction to the movie possible for Shakespeare purists but I'd have enjoyed it more if they spoke in plainer language. I could figure out the general meaning behind what people were saying but I was too busy overthinking the dialogue to feel involved in what was happening.
>>
I watched it like a month ago dude. The cinematography is amazing. Definently worth going to watch it in a cinema just for the spectacle alone.

Would reccomend at least reading a synopsis of macbeth's story first though as it can be hard to know whats going on at times if you dont.
>>
Since I'm being called a pleb, I'll at least admit the cinematography is beautiful. Reminds me of Kurosawa. The final duel between Macduff and Macbeth is pretty sweet. Orange snow pretty fucking cool. The scene where Banquo haunts Macbeth at dinner is great.
That said, it's a slog fest. Why is Macbeth, one of Shakesman's fastest, intense plays so fucking slow? Where is the "vaulting ambition"?

Continue asking away
>>
Did Marion show her beautiful titties?
>>
Is it the original verbatim Shakespeare or some "modernized" trash?
>>
>>62915515
>Would reccomend at least reading a synopsis of macbeth's story first though as it can be hard to know whats going on at times if you dont.

How are you not already familiar with all of Shakespeare's main plays?
>>
>>62916180
I believe it's Shakespeare with a few cuts. Probably why plebs like >>62915486 couldn't understand it.

Seriously, Shakespeare just takes a second to get you into the flow of it and then it lifts you away on an ocean of words. You gotta let yourself flow with the words and not actually think about them, that's what english class is for.
>>
>>62915370
>2015
>not being eurotrash
C'mon, everyone is welcome! We invited plenty of Syrians and Somalis already! It's 2015! Come to Europe! But only if you are black and/or Muslim
>>
I've never read any Shakespeare am I allowed to watch this?
>>
>gib me Oscar plz
>>
Does anyone have a nice high res screen cap of the scene where it's all orange/red? That shit looks fucking amazing.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.