[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>John Wick 2 will be a prequel >Possibly about John's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: images (1).jpg (14 KB, 240x360) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
14 KB, 240x360
>John Wick 2 will be a prequel
>Possibly about John's Final mission mentioned by Josef's dad
>>
>>62914857

At least he (probably) won't lose another puppy.

That shit broke my heart into tiny pieces.
>>
>>62914857

It's not actually, it's about a female crimelord who sics Common on Wick
>>
I think the "John Wick is good" meme has span wildly out of control. It's like with Dredd where the /v/edditor fanbase wouldn't stop screaming "fkken based sequel where dredd 2" but this time the studio actually listened to the hotpockets.
>>
>>62914857

http://www.slashfilm.com/common-john-wick-2/

>According to TheWrap, Common will play “the muscle for a female crime lord who comes after Reeves’ ex-hitman.” Keanu Reeves is back as John Wick, and the first film’s co-director Chad Stahelski returns to direct solo. John Wick‘s other co-director David Leitch recently dropped out to helm the Charlize Theron thriller The Coldest City, but remains on board as executive producer.
>>
>>62915003

>who's with me?!

Literally no one, you crybaby sperg, and lol at your crying about /v/edit, how desperate do you have to be to cry about a skin in Payday because you don't like something?

Get a full colonic, you blowhard.
>>
>>62915003
There's absolutely no reason to believe this wasn't a fun action flick
>>
>>62915031
I don't even know what Payday is. It's /v/eddit because it's the kind of juvenile "entertainment" orientated trash that appeals to the sensibilities of the video game playing crossposter.

It was a /v/eddit flavor of the month on this board just like Dredd, Edge of Tomorrow and Mad Max 4.
>>
>>62915070
>"Fun"
>"Flick"

Yes, this was the problem.
>>
>>62915121
reddit please go
>>
>>62915158
It is reddit to play video games.

It is reddit to watch motion pictures that are thinly veiled video games.
>>
>>62915003
This.

John Wick is completely mediocre.
>>
>>62914905
>tfw John Wick 2's story is narrated by John to his new dog
>at the end the dog has died of starvation
>movie ends with John getting a robot dog
>John Wick 3 will deal with the cyberhacker mafia, possibly Anonymous
>>
>>62915121
I think it's a bank robbing vidya.

Also, don't just shout "lol /v/eddit likes it", that's just spouting memes. Explain why you don't like it. Was the action dull? The motivation too shitty?

Let us know.
>>
>pre-quel
>already know John Wick will live

boringgggggg
>>
>>62915003
You don't even like watching movies. Stop coming here
>>
>>62915209
>Rome
>already know ceaser dies
>best HBO series ever made
>>
>>62915204
It aimed for nothing beyond providing "muh fun" for those with adolescent sensibilities. "Muh fun" is cultural degeneracy. "Muh fun" is artistic genocide. "Muh fun" is the reason the white race is on the brink of extinction.
>>
>>62915284
Alright, that's understandable. You sound like a fucking loon, but it's understandable.
>>
>>62915216
This is television and "film". If you like watching "movies" then you shouldn't be here.

If you like "movies" and want to talk about them online then just google "movie discussion" and the first result should be a more appropriate place for you.
>>
>>62914905
But the actress who played his dying wife is back. That's why assume its a prequel
>>
>>62914857
This movie was shit

Action was completely boring and tensionless

Go watch Collateral for good gun fights
>>
I hope it's as beautifully shot as the first
>>
>>62915204
I have no idea what /v/ thought of it because I didn't really see any threads on it. But I know that the payday 2 community mostly disliked it for being a stupid and barely related promo/marketing stunt.
>>
>>62917907
I was talking about John Wick
>>
>>62916805
She could also be there for a flashback.
>>
>>62915262
>caeser dies
Spoiler tag that shit fucker
>>
If you know anything about the movie industry you can instantly see what John Wick is

They clearly optioned this big ambitious script that is trying to do the "semi-fantasy-esque over-the-top criminal underworld" theme (similar to Payback), with post-Matrix action, and the movie was clearly supposed to establish the setting for a franchise and trilogy, BUT, for whatever weird reason, someone got cold feet along the way and told them to trim it back to a standalone single feature.

You can just smell that it was originally meant to be like 3 hours long and much deeper lore-wise. You can smell the characters that were hastily miscast and smushed to fit into the edited script, so that they seem bizarrely out of place and overexaggerated for how little screen time and relevance they get. You can tell that the budget was gutted.

Some financial decision was made by the higher-ups that the original gamble was no longer worth it, but that they could still have their shot at making it a franchise if they somehow managed to take the hugely reduced scope and budget of the project and create something great. And they didn't.

Watching John Wick is like watching 1/4th of something ambitious that a lot of people resignedly stretched and flayed to cover the space left by the absence of the other 3/4ths. It reminds me of Lucky Number Slevin, where they optioned a script and then forgot to apply enough funding and care to actually turn it into a movie, so it's bizarrely uncanny to moviegoers, like watching an inexplicably high production quality stageplay of some guy's shitty fanfiction with a dumb name.
>>
>>62915344
I can't actually tell if this is a troll, or an actual retard who bought the film & flic bullshit.
>>
File: A U R Y O N H.gif (50 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
A U R Y O N H.gif
50 KB, 250x250
>"JOHN WICK" (2014).
>"JOHN WICKER" (2016).
>"JOHN WICKERER" (2019).
>"JOHN, THE WICKER MAN" (2022).
>"JOHN WICK, THE WICKENING: PART ONE" (2024).
>"JOHN WICK, THE WICKENING: PART TWO" (2026).
>"JOHN WICK FOREVER" (2030).
>"WICK" (2035).
>>
>>62915196

That's stupid.....

I'd watch it
Even if it was basically Watchdogs: The Movie
>>
>>62918339
Fuck I thought I was on sheeky forums for a second.
>>
>>62920272
Nevermind that. I just realised sheeky forums is pretty much /TV/.
>>
>>62915015
Thank God. Prequels are cancer and seldom any good.
>>
>>62915003

GET FUCKED YOU "SEE YOU SEE KAY"
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.