[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find one thing in Star Wars that can over come this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: PicardManeuver.jpg (13 KB, 295x171) Image search: [Google]
PicardManeuver.jpg
13 KB, 295x171
Find one thing in Star Wars that can over come this.
>>
File: a post for ants.jpg (32 KB, 639x385) Image search: [Google]
a post for ants.jpg
32 KB, 639x385
>>62913616
>>
>>62913616

>picforants.jpg
>>
File: for ants.webm (69 KB, 78x32) Image search: [Google]
for ants.webm
69 KB, 78x32
>>62913616
>>
>>62913625
>>62913641

https://i.stack.imgur.com/V2mu5.jpg
>>
Op is a piece of shit
>>
File: ANTS.jpg (446 KB, 2080x1524) Image search: [Google]
ANTS.jpg
446 KB, 2080x1524
>>
>>62913674

Then why didnt you post that one in the first place you moron? Also:

>Linking to a pic and not just posting it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you must be a fucking newfag lol
>>
Okay, for that to work picard would have to know where the Ferengi ship was ahead of time, otherwise the two ships are just holding their dicks while the two ships strole along at sub light speed. The tactics works in a duel, but not irl
Why hasn't the Ferengi Started shooting a minute ago?
Why wouldn't it be basic defensive tactics for any ship to jump into warp whenever they see an enemy ship?
Why wouldn't the Ferengi fire on the ship that was closest to them thus presenting the biggest threat?
>>
File: dogfight01.jpg (65 KB, 600x381) Image search: [Google]
dogfight01.jpg
65 KB, 600x381
>>62913616
Star Wars space fights were based off dog fighting while Star Trek's were based off naval fights.

You can't really compare the two because the combat depicted in both things are very different.
>>
>>62913616

Star Wars has superior shitposting. You could say that they have the high ground.
>>
>>62913616

This beats them both:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIniweFOthM
>>
>>62913701

>the Picard Maneuver
>if they can only detect movement at or below the speed of light, go faster than the speed of light and shoot them.

Woah. Mind blown.
>>
Did this happen in an episode? Which one was it?
>>
>>62913701
I'm not some star trek autist so maybe i'm missing something but how does picard know where the ship will be in 20 seconds, aren't they limited by the same blind spot?

So it's really only effective if the ship is travelling at a constant speed... in a straight line... in a dog fight.
>>
>>62914673
In The Battle.

When Jean Luc was captain of the Star Gazer he did a warp jump over a short distance tricking the Ferengi ship that it was still in one place.

Picard gets brainwashed years later and tries this on the Enterprise.
>>
>>62914519
sick episode, shit season
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.