[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the most awkward moments in movies? Where basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1447137546451.jpg (5 KB, 199x250) Image search: [Google]
1447137546451.jpg
5 KB, 199x250
What are the most awkward moments in movies?
Where basically you are cringing as fuck for the characters, even more so if you are watching with friends
pic related
>>
>>62913433
>>>/r/eddit
>>
Lars and the Real Girl

I kept pausing and unpausing to handle the cringe and I was alone
>>
>>62913433

Iron Man 3 OLE OLE OLE OLE!!
>>
>>62913433

I've never cringed because it's just images on a screen
>>
>put on The Comedy on Netflix and tell my friends it's by Tim Heidecker from Tim & Eric
>two minutes in
>screen full of penis
>ten minutes in
>no laughs at all
>"Anon what kind of movie is this?"
That's when I found out that I'm retarded and should look up what movies are like before trying to shove them in my friends' faces.
>>
>>62913433
musical numbers.

it's not just the bad ones, it's the ones that are okay but ultimately sound more like parodies than actual ones. I couldn't enjoy Frozen because even "Let it Go" was too bland to register as anything beyond another Disney song for me.

bonus points for ruining actually good songs with mediocre performances.
>>
File: 1402480034977.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1402480034977.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
>>62913433
>watch TV show or movie
>something awkward happens in it
>get up and pace around the room while giggling and muttering what I would say in that situation
>pause tv
>walk around the entire house pretending to be a swat team member clearing rooms
>pretend to shoot at imaginary people
>think about posting my habit on /tv/ and giggle some more
>resume watching
>>
>>62913613
that movie was a clear passive-aggressive act of rebellion against their own fans, intended to produce exactly this kind of awkward situation.

the scene where they're sitting around trying to be as insincere as possible was a clear case of them shitting on what a comedy writers room is like.
>>
>>62913433
the boy in come and see, I couldn't finish, cringe as fuck
>>
>>62913613

>tim making a movie just to show what losers his fans are

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
File: giveupfroggy.jpg (11 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
giveupfroggy.jpg
11 KB, 251x242
>character listens in on two characters speaking out of context
>misinterpret the conversation as offensive
>cue half a hour of drama
>>
>>62913677
thats actually pretty funny. did you ever think about doing this with your parents in the room?
>>
>>62913613
>movie called The Comedy
>not adam sandler
what kind of shit is this
>>
When something happens and it cuts to 2 characters reacting

one of them looks at the other one, most likely expecting the other to also look at him/her, but the other one just doesn't turn around
>>
>>62913890
>Character goes nuts.
>The others argue instead of just explaining.

Sons of Anarchy has a shit ton of these.
>>
>>62913433
Funny People. There are so many cringe scenes, but the cringiest is when Seth is getting friend zoned at Adam Sandler's mansion. Adam then takes the girl Seth couldn't fuck, and Seth gives her a thumbs up
>>
About Time
the whole flick.
>>
>>62913573
You haven't watched The Room have you?
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 558x515) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 558x515
>>62913677
Nice dubs, Pepe.

i do that too
>>
>>62914474

I have. Multiple times. It's a chore to get through each time.

Birdemic: Shock and Terror > The Room
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.