[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Veep?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 91NFm4MNEiL._SY550_.jpg (42 KB, 412x550) Image search: [Google]
91NFm4MNEiL._SY550_.jpg
42 KB, 412x550
Thoughts on Veep?
>>
That's a funny name.
>veep
>veeeep
>>
>>62910445
Fucking fantastic, just like In the Thick of It and In the Loop. Armando Ianucci shits solid, comedic gold left and right.

>That's like using a croissant as a fucking dildo.
>I--I--
>I wasn't finished. It doesn't do the job, and it makes a fucking mess!
>>
>>62910445
More like VAPE

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE
>>
Great show, sums up how stupid politics are.
>>
Our intern claims that his friend is Marco Rubio's bagman and that bagman-friend can't watch Veep because it hits too close to home.
>>
>>62910445
Doesn't even come close to The Thick of It. Pretty mediocre
>>
Americans kill another good concept.
>>
>>62910445
I like it because julia louis-dreyfus is a prime milf
>>
>>62910615
>>62910554
>A Filthy Scot created it
>The Filthy Scot's writing staff, and the Filthy Scot himself, write many episodes
>Americans did it
It's a joint UK-American production senpai.
>>
beautiful
>>
She might as well just call some guy a nigger while doing standup. Go out with a bang like Richards. Otherwise what's the point?
>>
>>62910445
The cast are great, particularly JLD and the guy playing Jonah.

The writing is only okay though. A lot of the caustic morbidity in The Thick of It is diluted into characters making 'zippy' zingers.
>>
crap characters, feels like a sitcom
>>
Lacks the subtlety of TToI and feels like a vehicle to tell jokes rather than TToI which exists to tell a story.

TToI is one of the all time greatest and while Veep is very good it doesn't have the same polish. It's just witty people being witty for thirty minutes.
>>
Say what you want but the Finnish Prime Minister is the absolute GOAT comedy character
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.