[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This show is actually good? Go figure.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Utredd.jpg (212 KB, 834x683) Image search: [Google]
Utredd.jpg
212 KB, 834x683
This show is actually good? Go figure.
>>
>>62909936
It's alright. Nothing spectacular, but at least there's no Renaissance helmets popping up in the 9th century like there are in Vikings.
>>
>>62909936
I think it has some great moments sandwiched inbetween boring Saxon politics and god debates
>>
Alfred's the only interesting character now that Ubba is dead
>>
>>62910082
This.

>In the one recorded naval engagement in the year 896,[3][58] Alfred's new fleet of nine ships intercepted six Viking ships in the mouth of an unidentified river along the south of England. The Danes had beached half their ships, and gone inland,[58] either to rest their rowers or to forage for food. Alfred's ships immediately moved to block their escape to the sea. The three Viking ships afloat attempted to break through the English lines.[58] Only one made it; Alfred's ships intercepted the other two.[58]

>Lashing the Viking boats to their own, the English crew boarded the enemy's vessels and proceeded to kill everyone on board. The one ship that escaped managed to do so only because all of Alfred's heavy ships became grounded when the tide went out.[62] What ensued was a land battle between the crews of the grounded ships. The Danes, heavily outnumbered, would have been wiped out if the tide had not risen. When that occurred, the Danes rushed back to their boats, which being lighter, with shallower drafts, were freed before Alfred's ships. Helplessly, the English watched as the Vikings rowed past them.[62] The pirates had suffered so many casualties (120 Danes dead against 62 Frisians and English),[58] that they had difficulties putting out to sea. All were too damaged to row around Sussex and two were driven against the Sussex coast (possibly at Selsey Bill).[58][62] The shipwrecked sailors were brought before Alfred at Winchester and were hanged.[58]

Hope they show this, I like watching pagan fucking shits get rekt.
>>
File: 1444772295923.jpg (58 KB, 500x664) Image search: [Google]
1444772295923.jpg
58 KB, 500x664
>>62910283
>ard. The one ship that escaped managed to do so only because all of Alfred's heavy ships became grounded when the tide went out.[62] What ensued was a land battle between the crews of the grounded ships. The Danes, heavily outnumbered, would have been wiped out
>>
>>62910454
Why can't trans shitters accept the fact that they are mentally ill?
>>
>>62910082
i love alfred. i love him more than the main character and the actor is seriously good.
>>
>>62909936
is that a bee in amber for his pommel? gay
>>
>>62910494
I really liked Oda the Elder, he wasn't afraid to slap shit when it needed slapping, even the main character's. RIP in peace.
>>
can we talk about how funny uhtred looks without his beard
>>
>>62910454
>it's mutilation when you do it to hermaphrodites to make them biologically sound
>it isn't when a nutter does it to themself because of their brain problems
>>
File: The-Last-Kingdom-009.jpg (108 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
The-Last-Kingdom-009.jpg
108 KB, 620x372
>>62909936
>Arseling
I'm gonna miss him.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.