[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was there ever a more depressing comedian?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: bill hicks.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
bill hicks.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
Was there ever a more depressing comedian?
>>
>Denis Leary
>Douglas Adams
>George Carlin
Isn't it curious how all of the atheist comedians died early?
>>
>>62903068
Christopher Titus. He doesn't just bemoan imaginary existential crises. He actually speaks from experience on issues like poverty and mental health. Honestly the most "real" comedian ever.
>>
>>62903097
well Denis Leary didn't die.. and Carlin/Hicks abused substances in mass quantities
>>
Stewart Lee reports on the wrinkles on the human condition in a way that leaves me laughing like I'm sinking with the titanic.
>>
File: sw.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
Steven Wright
Mitch Hedberg
Al Franken
All pretty bad
>>
>>62903871
First of all, I've never listened to Al Franken, but Wright and Hedberg are hilarious. Second, they aren't depressing.
>>
>>62903097
Carlin died early at 71 years old?
>>
Stanhope is pretty depressing. His material is funny in a morbid way, but he himself is just a pile of despair.
>>
>>62903097
cos god hates them
>>
>>62903138
I want this Christian meme to end.

>inb4 he doesn't believe in god
>>
>>62903948
How can you call yourself a cultured patrician if you aren't even from a catholic background?
>>
>>62903068
literally reddit: the comedian

you have 1 minute to prove me wrong
>>
File: 1420322578719.jpg (182 KB, 1280x982) Image search: [Google]
1420322578719.jpg
182 KB, 1280x982
>>62903948
What? Seriously, shut up.
>>
>>62903068
I didn't think he was depressing. He was ultimately hopeful.
>>
For some reason I get depressed when I listen to Sam Kinison's stuff
>>
>>62904175
Because he died young?
>>
>>62904175
Probably because he isn't funny. The one bit that made me laugh was the marriage joke. It really isn't even that high form of comedy just him screaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GXPd0fnpKw
>>
>>62904187
I think that's it. even with all the women and drugs and shit, it was out of his hands.
>>
>>62904201
I like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EclQVQGqnZ0
>>
>>62903068

he's trying SO HARD to be a hunter s thompson and george carlin kinda guy. he just reeks of that kid in high school who desperately wants everyone to think he's cool

one of the plebbiest comedians i can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>62903871
How is Stephen Wright depressing just because his delivery is deadpan?
>>
File: dane.jpg (96 KB, 709x903) Image search: [Google]
dane.jpg
96 KB, 709x903
>>62903068

I found someone more depressing
>>
>>62904221
damn that was funny. I guess there are multiple ways to wrap "AAAAAAA RELATIONSHIP ISSUES AAAAAAAA"
>>
hes not even funny though
>>
>>62903911
Pretty pathetic for this day and age.
>>
>>62903987
George Carlin
Louis CK
>>
>>62903068
was he really depressing.. or was it just the world he was born into?
>>
I think it's weird how he changed his name to Alex jones and started a media empire after faking his death

Crazy shit
>>
inb4 people call hicks a fedora wearing kekie
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.