[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't he just leave his backpack behind and attempt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: b23302h9guh.jpg (131 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
b23302h9guh.jpg
131 KB, 960x1280
Why didn't he just leave his backpack behind and attempt to ford the river? The walk from the other side of the river back into town didn't seem too far.
>>
he was suicidal, that's why he was out there in the first place
>>
>>62901034

Because he was an idiot. Taking the trip with zero planning to begin with was proof of that.
>>
>>62901034
God this movie was boring.
>>
>>62901034
>survives his way across america
>tons of adventure, plenty of stories
>finally gets up north
>can't survive at all, cant get any food
>dies

He didn't want to go back to his home, the dude was a lot more depressed than the movie ever actually outright says. It's heavily implied though, since he never really answers anybody who asks him why hes going up there.
>>
>>62901056
>>62901205
Then why was he so frustrated at the water raging? If he wasn't that opposed to dying, he could have tried crossing with his backpack on, even.
>>
>>62901034
Why didn't he just stay with the old guy and live out his days as a qt3.14 fuckboi
>>
>>62901283
Same reason most suicidal people call an ambulance after swallowing pills or slashing a wrist, death suddenly seems like a shitty option up close and personal.
>>
>>62901034
There was a hand-powered cable car a few km up the trail. The guy was negligent, he had a map of the area which showed this too. The movie make him out to be some kind of martyr, but irl he was just a kid taking a big risk without luck on his side. In Krakauer's book he talks about how he did a very similar thing in his youth, but was lucky enough to be able to survive and learn from it.
>>
>>62901034
how did the bus he says in get there?
>>
>>62901478
Did you not watch the film? They clearly say it's a magic bus.
>>
File: magicbus.jpg (67 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
magicbus.jpg
67 KB, 350x350
>>62901510
Then why didn't The Who help him?
>>
I hate this franchise because it was written by Jews to dissaude young adventurous white males from leaving Jew controlled society.

>"You can't survive in the wild you idiot, go watch the movie Into The Wild, you'll end up dead like Chris Mccandless, man can't survive in nature"
>>
>>62901034
This film has inspired me. I'm tired of living with my parents, I'm bored of my dead end job, and I feel really unfulfilled. I don't want to end it all and I don't blame anyone for my emotional and psychological problems. If I can't improve my life before Spring 2017 I am thinking of loading up an old ALICE pack I bought and walking to the west coast with as much money as possible.
>>
>>62901599
Hey, pal, I live on Vancouver Island. We've got some prime forests here for exploring, so I'd recommend making the trip.
>>
>>62901579
man aint that the truth
>>
>>62901579
This.

>don't forget the 6 billion lost and dead hikers, goyim
>>
>>62901283
This
>>62901383

And the fact that it was a movie and they didn't actually know what happened too close leading up to his death.

The movie made him out to be just a retard who thought he could actually survive in the wild. In reality, he was suicidal and didn't want to leave.
>>
I wish I could go hiking, but I shoved a champagne bottle up my ass and now I have internal prolapse.

If I go jogging, or lift heavy, my asshole could litterly fall out.

I've ruined my life with analplay.
>>
>>62901283
It wasn't like straight-up 100% unironically wanting to die. More of a confused, conflicted kind of thing.
>>
>>62901769
Circumference?
>>
>>62901579

i can't tell whether this is the absolute best bait i've ever seen or the absolute worst
>>
File: cc-1024x712.jpg (185 KB, 1024x712) Image search: [Google]
cc-1024x712.jpg
185 KB, 1024x712
HERE'S AN ARTICLE I WROTE ABOUT THIS FUCKSTICK AND WHY I'M GLAD HE'S DEAD!!!FACT!!! http://247365hatemachine.blogspot.ca/2015/02/into-wild-man-travels-usa-hungers-for.html
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.