[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to see this with my wife tonight. Not really into the series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 15
File: hunger games.jpg (251 KB, 618x917) Image search: [Google]
hunger games.jpg
251 KB, 618x917
Going to see this with my wife tonight. Not really into the series but sort of excited to see how it all ends (considering I was forced to see the last 3).

Has /tv/ seen it yet, opinions?
>>
>>62900498

A little bit longer than it needed to be, but if you like the others you'll like this.

Time to get Stuckmannized.
>>
>>62900498
I would pump her so full of my jizz that she would explode into a supernova of semen
>>
Went to see it tonight with friends. It was trash.

>But anon it's just like the book

Then the book was trash.
>>
>>62900498
The little sister dies, Kat and kekboy get married and have kids
>>
>>62900745
it's not really like the books though. The books are actually decent
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHmLljk2t8M
>>
It was awful. Dreary, boring and repetitive.

The worst part is that they had literally an entire movie just for build up and then they just cock tease the potential climax of the movie. There is no big battle scene against the Capitol, there is no real confrontation with Snow.

There are 4 movies leading up to this goddamn climax and they just fuck all the viewers over like that. I haven't read the books but even if it's like this in there, then it's their job as film makers to change it and not put absolute garbage on the screen in order to be true to the source material.
>>
>>62901399
the first one is okay. the second one is the same again. the third one, which this is based on, is trash.
>>
>>62900498
Nothing happens in this fucking movie.

Both parts of Mockingjay are all about lead up to the final confrontation of Katniss and Snow, good (unlikable but still good) vs evil. Except they completely cop out when Katniss eventually gets near Snow.

Almost walked out tbqh senpai
>>
>>62901444
>no battle scene
>no confrontation with snow

what? what the fuck happened?
>>
OP are you taking the bull too?
>>
Probably going to take my wife's kid to it.. not really excited.
>>
>>62901368
dude spoilers
>>
>>62901474
Rebels are apparently pushing the capitol forces back but we obviously don't see that cause they make up a reason for Katniss and co to stay behind them

Snow calls for all capitol citizens to gather at his estate

Katniss and Gale are literally in front of the goddamn gate with a huge crowd

This is it, Katniss is gonna get in there and finally confront and kill Snow

Except she doesn't. Coin bombs everyone in the crowd, including Prim, and frames Snow as a killer of his own people after which everyone turns on him

At the execution for Snow, Katniss instead shoots and kills Coin and lets the masses basically eat Snow alive

Awful, just awful.
>>
>>62901444
>I haven't read the books but even if it's like this in there
I am going to say that the way this movie was done reminds me a lot of Ender's Game. The ending just cant have the same impact that the books did because of the way the story is presented.

That being said yeah they should have changed the ending around. All that action for a 10 minute ending.
>>
>>62901472
>he thought Katniss would ever actually kill someone

haha! no that would be wrong! and too dramatic!
>>
>>62901501
You can't spoil an ending to a movie based on a book that has been out for ten fucking years.
>>
File: image.jpg (398 KB, 960x672) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
398 KB, 960x672
>>62901495

This to be honest. I'll drive my wifes kids and their father to the cinema to watch it while I wait in the car. Maybe my wife will let me sleep on the floor in front of the bed if I do.
>>
>>62901556
Except she fucking does. Just the wrong person.
>>
>>62901543
okay, now that i read it it IS the same as in the book i guess im just remembering it differently. but i could have sword there was more action than that in the book
>>
>>62901543
the point is that war is bad and so is the guv'ment.

anyway, ending epic stories is hard. I for one was amazed to even have the relatively clever endings to the first and second movies.

ultimately the author was fucked, she'd set up Katniss to be a PR figure but needed something dramatic to happen that would resolve the real conflict. at least it wasn't just a series of plot devices like Harry Potter.
>>
>>62901590
>but i could have sword there was more action than that in the book
It's been a while since I read them, but I'm positive there was more action in Mockingjay, Kat was running around during the invasion trying to dodge bombs and then watched her sister get blown up
>>
>>62900498
why is the bird so far back on her shoulder?
>>
>>62901629
I don't give enough of a shit about the characters for the ending to impact me one way or another.

What really bothers me is the lack of action. I mean, at least with the first few there was the backdrop of the games and shit but here they promise this big war film and there isn't a single fucking battle scene. They fight some unexplained eyeless demon monster things in the sewer and that's it. They run from some black liquid and move through a crowd.
>>
File: 1447978363041.jpg (174 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447978363041.jpg
174 KB, 1500x1000
>>62900688
underrated poast
>>
>>62901670
If the bird falls off will she die?
>>
>>62901677
the main characters can't actually fight anyone because the story happens in liberal moral relativism world where Katniss can't dehumanize her opponents because it's convenient for herself and the audience. it's like how everyone in Harry Potter just tries to stun each other, Potter never tries to Avada Kedavara some bitches because it would be easier than mucking around. it's the YA tone.

also I think J Law is a good actess, but her attempts to act like a war leader gave me a newfound respect for Emilia Clarke.
>>
>>62900498
I just got home from seeing it. Don't know why i bothered, I didn't like the book so I don't know why I thought I would like the movie.
>>
>>62900498
I have never seen a single one of these, are they good?
>>
I'm boycotting all multipart movies, so I guess I'll have to ask, could the two movies been compressed into one 3 hour movie?
>>
>>62901837
No.

And this isn't contrarian shitposting. The movies are legit bad.
>>62901863
They could have compressed into half a movie
>>
>>62901863
Not without making more money goyim
>>
>>62901837

First yes. Second meh. Haven't seen past that though.
>>
>>62901863

>le look at my dumb opinion meme

Literally vegetarian tier bro. At the earliest convinience, slit your own wrists in a bathtub.
>>
File: land whale.jpg (47 KB, 306x423) Image search: [Google]
land whale.jpg
47 KB, 306x423
>>62900498

Katniss sounds like "cat piss"

that's a nice body double, btw
>>
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm going with my wife and her boyfriend tomorrow and I'm super excited. It's actually a really great series.
>>
it was alright, my wifes son loved it
>>
You know I loved the fact that Snow had the last laugh and probably chocked to death on his blood before the people got to him.

He was a fucker but he was entertained.
>>
I am going with my wife and her wife. I am not really interested in the film, nor am I allowed to sit near them, so I'll bring my meme sketchbook and draft some new ideas for memes on /tv/.
>>
>>62901935
More like "Fatniss Neverlean."
>>
There's a possibility that Lionsgate will try to get even more money by making a prequel movie set 75 years prior to the current stuff, to show how the world turned into what it is.

>>62902022
>my wife and her wife
>>
the movie is based off the books

and the books are shit 9th grader required reading teen throwaways

therefore the movies are 9th grader teen movie throwaways
>>
>>62902052

I would still let her sit on my face and meme into my open mouth to be honest f.a.m.
>>
File: mfw.png (356 KB, 493x507) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
356 KB, 493x507
>>62901957
>my wife and her boyfriend
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 258x245
Me and my friends were all scattered throughout the theatre and we all sat through this slog of liberal feminist diverse whitey hating fantasy wank up until the very end when it showed katnis and the manlet playing with their kid and then we got to see the baby in her arms

And no fucking lie

It was a Chinese baby

We ALL simultaneously erupted into laughter and were chased out of the show
>>
>>62900498
i liked it. it's YA fiction so of course it's tacky and has a strong anti-authority message. some of the combat scenes were excellent though and snow was based.
>>
So basically, she has kids and has PTSD. The end.

For some reason, I thought Hamish was going to die.
>>
>>62900498
Honestly pretty good.

I hate moonface Law and wasn't a big fan of the first or second movie. Part 1 and 2 of the third are way better inow every aspect.

Don't expect anything groundbreaking though
>>
How violent was Finnick's death?
>>
File: jlaw bodysut.jpg (113 KB, 1200x945) Image search: [Google]
jlaw bodysut.jpg
113 KB, 1200x945
is Jlaw HIGH TEST?
>>
>>62901905
This guy should commit suicide because he hates being Jewed at the movies now?

Go fuck yourself, Shlomo.
>>
>>62904692
It wasn't too gorey, since the... things converged on him so much that you could only see him screaming for a few seconds before Katniss threw the bomb in there
>>
>>62904738
No. She's a 5/10 American butterface.
>>
File: 12249129.jpg (50 KB, 239x256) Image search: [Google]
12249129.jpg
50 KB, 239x256
>we are going to follow a mile behind the frontlines and take naps every 3 seconds
>>
File: Kusaka - World's Greatest Troll.jpg (44 KB, 1233x697) Image search: [Google]
Kusaka - World's Greatest Troll.jpg
44 KB, 1233x697
>>62901399
>The books are actually decent
>>
>>62902081
baba's first revolution story
>>
>>62901629
>ending epic stories is hard
>epic

gahahahahahahaha
>>
File: 1347180058155.jpg (26 KB, 191x220) Image search: [Google]
1347180058155.jpg
26 KB, 191x220
OK GUYS LETS TAKE RUNNING MAN AND PUT KIDS IN INSTEAD
AND ALSO LETS MAKE THE BACKSTORY SOME STUPID FUCKING BULLSHIT ASSPULL SO NO ONE CAN SAY ITS RUNNING MAN
>>
Taking my wife's daughter to see this tomorrow, anything particularly offensive? Sexist, the like?
>>
File: 1422454610174.jpg (189 KB, 478x545) Image search: [Google]
1422454610174.jpg
189 KB, 478x545
>>62905733
>ASSPULL
Back to /co/ and/or /a/ with you
>>
>>62905747
>hunger games is good
tbqh i think you should return to reddit
>>
>>62905776
>>ASSPULL
>Back to /co/ and/or /a/ with you
Never said it was good. Haven't even seen any of them, nor have I "read" the books.

Also
>doesn't deny being /co/ and/or /a/
>>
File: 1445509578529.png (257 KB, 415x476) Image search: [Google]
1445509578529.png
257 KB, 415x476
>>62901399
Why do you do this? To me and yourself? How many books have you read in the past year? Stop posting and start reading Gene Wolfe or something for a while, fuck.
>>
File: 1445786842683.jpg (25 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1445786842683.jpg
25 KB, 460x276
>>62905847
here he is everyone, the word police is here
dont use certain words near him he'll have an autism fit attempting to defend his shit franchise
>>
File: yubaba.gif (1016 KB, 487x266) Image search: [Google]
yubaba.gif
1016 KB, 487x266
It was garbage. The whole series is pretty terrible/forgettable.
>>
>>62900498
Will probably see it with my gf since we watched the previous parts.
>>
>>62901444
Trips confirm.

Like when Twilight movie showed vision of big awesome battle and blood and death everywhere when book was just like "oh i had a vision"
>>
>>62905907
i read the first two books, this is what i remember
>we are poor shit
>uhhh i sneak out to kill shit i guess
>theres a hot guy holy shit!!111111111111
>my sister got fucked by the lottery so i gotta take her place or something
>we fight and do stupid shit

next book
>u gotta fight again 4 some reason
>ok
>grandma is there doing jack shit but no one kills her
>escape or something i forget
>go to city 17 or some shit
>get bombed like nobodies business
>we live underground now lmao
>>
File: 1428965415492.gif (3 MB, 350x192) Image search: [Google]
1428965415492.gif
3 MB, 350x192
>>62902630
I literally said the same thing. Actual LOL desu senpai
>>
It was shit

>JLaw looks bored and tired as shit, not putting any effort into acting at all
>and a good %40 of the film is medium-close ups of JLaw

>Katniss has no bearing on the events of the film at all until the "twist" at the end

>cinematography and production design is bland and uninspired

>in between action, scenes usually single off 2 or more characters for boring dialogue that drags on for way too long

>action is tensionless and dull even for pg-13 young adult movies

>movie ends with a letter from Hoffman's character delivered to Katniss that says "Sorry I couldn't be here"

>Julianne Moore's awful and forced "I'm the real bad guy" moments

>no buildup, no closure, everything just kind of happens really really slowly

>resolution feels 30 minutes long and nothing happens
>>
>>62905972
You can make anything look bad when you summarize it in funny bulletpoint maymays
>>
>>62906051
replied to wrong post?
>>
>>62901569
>on a tv/film board
>>
>>62905733
It's more like the long walk than it is running man. Step up the king game
>>
It was meh. Serviceable finale, but not memorable. 2nd movie was the most interesting/entertaining, but I honestly lost interested when the games stopped being the main focus. At least they didn't do that CGI aging like Harry Potter
>>
>>62908397
The focus shifted from the games to a rebel war, but it's a war we barely ever see and Katniss has no part in it, I appreciated the fairly descent portrayal of a large scale conflict from the position of strategists but at some point they needed to stop the talking, taking shelter etc and find a way to put the main characters into this conflict directly. There was no reason why Katniss couldn't have fought her way into the capitol along with the rest of the rebels and incorporated the pods along the way which would keep the Games feel. This would have been a fitting final battle but instead we had the characters wandering around an empty city and stopping to rest/sleep and chat three fucking times!
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.