[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two weeks ago Betamax format was officially retired. What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Two weeks ago Betamax format was officially retired.

What are some of the data storage options in the future that could replace blue ray?

Will it all just be on the cloud?
>>
>>62896126
>Will it all just be on the cloud
yes
>>
Why was Sony even producing betamax up until so recently?

Also, when a technology becomes so old doesn't it enter public domain? That means anyone can still produce it without Sony's permission.
>>
>>62896229
I was puzzled also.
>>
>>62896126
Private non-corporate data storage will be illegal in the future. It's the only way to keep us safe and keep Hollywood payed.
>>
>>62896229
It lasted for a long time for tv news recording. I still used them by 2009
>>
>>62897744

You're right btw.

Would being a political dissident cause you to lose access to pop culture?

Would it cause your game software to work against you making it impossible to level?
>>
To expand a lil more:

VHS won the war because of price and lenght. Beta always had more quality of taping.

So, if you lived in a shit tier 3rd world country such as me and your company wanted to save the money of new digital cameras/digital edition rooms you could still use beta tapes and analogic edition which pleased the >50 year old editors

Also, and this is very important ina TV news scenario; you'll be amazed of how analogic editing can produce a news clip faster than digital
>>
>>62897910
Fascinating.
(Flashing back to Broadcast News with Joan Cusack running down the hall)
>>
>>62896229
it costs a shit load of money to tool up and produce your own.
>>
>>62898068
While I havent watched that movie I literally did those runs witht he tape from the editing room to the master control for years (buildings were next to each other)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.