[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The incompetence of the American military >Blind Japanese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1433613623052.jpg (208 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
1433613623052.jpg
208 KB, 600x923
>The incompetence of the American military
>Blind Japanese samurai and a Japanese otaku 2chan poster
>Stupid concepts like quislings and feral children
>Israel is best rael
>"Muh dogs even though I hated them but now I attack people that do and now I'm in a special K9 unit durrrrrrr"
>DUDE I'M GUARDING RICH CELEBRITIES AND BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO

Glad this was never properly adapted cause it would expose Brooks as the hack he is.
>>
>>62889848
>BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO

is that... actually in there?
>>
>>62889891
It's a throw away line about "Some liberal political talk show guy and his boney nemesis going at it on the beach" from the perspective of a mercenary guard. It's implied to be Bill and Ann though they aren't named.
>>
>>62889891
Names aren't mentioned but that's how you're supposed to imagine them.
>>
>>62889848

>Implying the American Military isn't incompetent

Good goyim. Keep the people ignorant.
>>
>>62889848
Why do people get pissed over Israel's depiction

Did everyone miss the part with the civil war where the orthodox Jews were willing to destroy the entire country just to keep the Palestinians out?
>>
>>62890022
Of course. Got to keep the hate train going because it's popular. Also I like the fact that OP is so naïve he can't grasp new concepts in a work of fiction.
>>
>>62889848
its not even a secret that maher fucks coulter

the US cant even handle muzzies riding on horseback in syria

it makes perfect sense that isreal could become a sanctuary
>>
>>62889848
>quislings and feral children are stupid concepts
both those things are real and have happened many times. maybe read something other than zombie books.
>>
>Dat Paris Plumbing story

Could have been a movie by itself
>>
The military fucks up massively, learns its lesson, and then moves on to retake the continent with minimal further losses.

Recovering from its own massive fuckups is basically an American specialty.
>>
>Jews let in hordes of kebab out of goodwill
Funniest thing about the book tb.h f.am
>>
>>62889848
>The incompetence of the American military
The military is incompetent in every zombie movie man. It's almost a prerequisite.
When you've been blind for 60+ years, you learn to move in a different way. The otaku guy was a bit much though.
I know that this one is bait because know one is stupid enough to not know of shellshock or orphans.
>Israel is best rael
They had a civil war over letting Palestinians into Israel. I know that doesn't fit into whatever pol tells you, but there you go.
>"Muh dogs even though I hated them but now I attack people that do and now I'm in a special K9 unit durrrrrrr"
Sometimes people that think they don't like dogs find out they do when they see one being mistreated. There's also basic human kindness and a need to alleviate suffering in any creature that most people have.
>DUDE I'M GUARDING RICH CELEBRITIES AND BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO
That was a lesson on being too well prepared and letting everyone know. The Bill and Anne thing was nothing more than a cheeky eye wink for the audience. I have no idea why that got you so rustled. And they don't even have sex on the beach. When the rest of the town breaks down the doors to the compound, the start banging on the floor.
>>
>>62890532
Well in the books the military turns around and kicks ass after they form the pacific line.

The otaku guy was fucking long and stupid

The quislings and ferals made sense in this situation

Isreal spent 1000 years preparing for a apocalypse they didn't know was coming.

The dog training one was pretty cool

The guarding celebrity's was a kind of ironic story.
>>
>>62890620
>The quislings and ferals made sense in this situation

Do you honestly think those things could survive in places swarmed with zombies?

Think about it. What would they eat? How would they sleep?
>>
>>62890722

The quislings didn't survive long, the ferals survived because ferals survive. There is precedence for it. Not like the Zeds were eating all the food left behind by the evacuations.
>>
>>62890722
Think of how the tiny mammals survived after the earth was ruined by the asteroid about 300 million years ago. >Hiding and outsmarting.
>>
>>62890722
Ferals made sense, their survival numbers wouldn't be huge, but they could make it. An adolescent human male is actually pretty dangerous in the animal world (in america anyway where there are basically 0 large predators on the east coast any more). Humans could eat fruit and kill feral cats and dogs (smaller dogs anyway) fairly easily.
>>
>>62890781
>The quislings didn't survive long

Mark Hamill (the soldier guy) mentions both encounter quizlings and ferals in the clean up of America.
>>
>>62890722
>how would they sleep?

Kids (that haven't been shoved full of chicken tendies and vidya games anyway) are adept natural climbers and can fit a lot of places adults can't.

Empty towns would provide ample hiding spaces to crawl up in to and catch a quick nap.
>>
This book is fucking great and could have been greatly adapted into a TV series, but now the brand is tarnished because of that dumb as fuck movie. The only good thing to come out of that fuckign movie was that genius South Park episode mocking it.
>>
>>62890996
no, the neighborhood watch guy in Washington is the only guy who directly dealt with them in the whole book
>>
>>62891331

This. I read it in high school and thought it was great. A miniseries would be perfect, there's just too much different locations and stories to tell to fit inside a movie.
>>
>>62889848
>>The incompetence of the American military
But that part was brillant. (And voiced by Mark Hamil in the audiobook)
Yeah, those parts were pretty gay
The audiobook version of the feral children was bonechilling
>Israel is best rael
Amusingly good
A surprisingly popular trope that was also in the novel Starship Troopers. Have no idea where it originated.
Not the worst commentary ever.

Also, Alan Alda was in the audiobook as well.
>>
Any time a military has to adapt to a different style of warfare, there are always huge fuck-ups and mass casualties.

Like soldiers in WWI being ordered to charge machine gun positions in a line.
>>
>>62889961
Bill Maher looks like a Staffordshire Bull Terrier with cancer, Ann Couldter would be getting ploughed by the Rock.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.