[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>robots use humans as batteries How would that work exactly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 290x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 290x401
>robots use humans as batteries

How would that work exactly? The amount of energy you'd have to put into them to keep them alive would be less than you could get out of them
>>
>>62887742

It's almost like it's science fiction. Moron.
>>
>>62887742
There's this genre called fiction where you just have to accept some things are true.
>>
>>62887742
They changed the script in the final edit because they thought that the machines using the human brain collective as processing power would be too confusing for audiences.
>>
Did they also use the brain processes of the people as computer processors as well?

To answer your question OP:

They recycled old humans to feed new humans. The planet is running out of resources, there is little sun, and almost no heat. The people provide a source of power for the machines. The people feed people. Presumably the machines also harness electricity or wind I guess.
>>
matrix threads are like automatic pleb filters, i love it.

better idea, instead of discussing this hackjob flick that really might even be as derivative as avatar, let's instead make a huge list of what it stole from

ill start with 5 obvious ones

ghost in the shell
blade runner
akira
solaris
world on a wire
>>
>>62887798
This is accurate.

>>62887838
Computer part got changed
Recycling is part of it
Lightning and wind energy is never mentioned and that "presumably" is really code for "out of my ass"

Morpheus says the machines have a form of fusion and whatever they get from humans is the catalyst.

>>62887742
In the version we got Morpheus says they combine human
>>
>>62888001
>stole from
found the real pleb
>>
>>62888001
The Wachowskis took footage of GitS around when they pitched the movie
It's like saying Pacific Rim is a knock off of EVA

No one is hiding the allusions, Del Taco and the Wachowskis formerly known as Brothers are pretty open about their inspirations for this stuff.

The creators were big fans, they wanted to see their weeb shit on the big screen in an american movie
>>
>>62888001

You are pleb. The Matrix was extremely influential, it's going down in history.
>>
>>62887798
That would make more sense. I don't see how it would be confusing to most of the audience as most of the audience were teenage males...they understand a bit about computers
>>
>>62888001
The invisibles
>>
>>62889361
I only read the first in invisibles collection (it was awful) . How is the matrix like it? Or do future collections become more obviously matrix-like

I normally enjoy Morrison but invisibles just didn't click with me
>>
>>62888001
Neuromancer and others from Gibson.
>>
>>62889302
I was a teenage male in 1999 and I can tell you that you are wrong. I'd say at the time maybe 1 in 10 understood at that level, maybe even less now thanks to things being more user-friendly.
>>
>>62887742
Do you think that's any different from a normal generator/battery?
>>
>>62889302
You're kidding, right? Never, EVER underestimate how stupid people are.

The reason they changed it is not because they THOUGHT that it might be too confusing for audiences, it was changed because it WAS too confusing for test audiences.

Have an article from back when Cracked was good: http://www.cracked.com/article_16258_5-awesome-movies-ruined-by-last-minute-changes.html
>>
They're actually used as cpus
>>
File: 1432607563995.jpg (48 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1432607563995.jpg
48 KB, 400x462
>>62887742
>"Combined with a form of fusion, the machines had all the energy they would ever need"

Gee, I dunno, maybe you could just actually pay attention to the fucking movie to get your answers.
>>
>>62889991
>movie
It's more of a flick and not really worth rewatching.
>>
>>62889927
this!

they changed it because they thought people wouldn't understand that
>>
File: dark-city-dvd-cover-65.jpg (501 KB, 1431x2039) Image search: [Google]
dark-city-dvd-cover-65.jpg
501 KB, 1431x2039
>>62888001
How was this not the first thing on your list?
>>
>>62888001

IT WAS INSPIRATIOOOOOON NOT STEEALINNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGHHGHHGHGHGH94944996
>>
>>62890877
because he's a pleb.
>>
>>62890877
because it only came out a year before and it's debatable

dark city is a superior and more original/inspired regardless though, i think we can all agree on that
>>
>>62890877

Because every film on his list is better?
>>
>>62891039
>i think we can all agree on that
We cannot. The Matrix > Dark City
>>
>>62888093
>out of my ass
Wow. Ok. Got me there. It's not like I used the word because of its purpose or added qualitative phrases like "I guess."
>>
>>62891074
nah, akira is actually worse, just a more flagrant ripoff than vs. dc

>>62891165
proving my first point pretty much. i bet you liked both gravity and interstellar
>>
>>62890877
because it wasn't good
>>
time for 5 more

dark city (wasn't going to but it is appropriate)
johnny pneumonic (this is for the guy who mentioned gibson)
end of evangelion
videodrome
strange days
>>
now we're getting a bit more obscure

gattaca
black rain
stalker
star trek: tmp
robocop
>>
>>62887742
They weren't using human energy but human souls
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.