[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Conjuring is GOAT Prove me wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: the conjuring.png (281 KB, 612x412) Image search: [Google]
the conjuring.png
281 KB, 612x412
The Conjuring is GOAT

Prove me wrong.
>>
nah it's ok 3/5 well made but shit script
>>
If you've never seen a horror movie before, I imagine it'd be pretty impressive. If you have, you'll notice it's pretty much just a half-assed knockoff of The Exorcist mixed with a half-assed knockoff of Poltergeist, with a little bit of Amityville Horror

It's well-made, some of the early "jump scare" scenes are very effective, but completely unoriginal and predictable. And god damn, that ending was such a disappointing cop-out
>>
>Every haunted house/possession cliche in the book
>Predictable jump scares

Thats why. The production design was good though.
>>
>>62886368
>>62886396
Well, it was a story based on the Warrens. I think the writers tried to stay true to them.
>>
Getting this now. Thanks for the heads up, OP. I liked James Wan ever since Saw.
>>
File: GOAT.jpg (54 KB, 558x302) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.jpg
54 KB, 558x302
>>
>>62886265
that scene scared the shit out of me
>>
File: fullwidth.68b1671b.jpg (405 KB, 970x595) Image search: [Google]
fullwidth.68b1671b.jpg
405 KB, 970x595
>>
>>62886690
Proof that critics have no idea what makes a good horror film. Babadook could be one of the worst horror movies in recent memory
>>
>>62886265
It was until the way it ended by the love of a mother, is the stupidest thing in a horror movie EVER.
>>
>>62886690
>The Babadook relies on real horror than cheap jump scares and boasts a heartfelt, genuinely moving story to boot.

Nah. The "slow burn" approach is totally mishandled, any real creepiness is absent, the jump scares were predictable, every character was annoying or unlikable, the themes of the film were obvious, and the ending was retarded.
>>
>>62886423
>Implying any of this actually happened

The Warrens story was a fabrication so they could have easily have tried to do something original in this.
>>
>>62887626

I think people liked it because it WASN'T a by-the-books genre film. It was more of an open-ended character study with spooky, unsettling elements. Closer to a David Lynch sort of thing than Friday the 13th.

I do think it was overrated, if only because the ending was such a letdown. But I thought it was an interesting film, definitely effective in how well it put you into the mother's frustrated, end-of-her-rope state of mind.
>>
>>62887677

Why does nobody ever mention the name Babadook? I mean really? Babadook? The Babadook is coming to kill us all! It just sounds absurd. I'm not saying they should go full George Lucas and call it Darth Killzpeepl but fuck...
>>
yeah it's not bad but anybody who thinks it's GOAT horror hasn't seen enough horror
>>
>>62887379
Fuck, man. Scariest scene in the movie for me and they didn't even show anything. Just the dread and horror on her face as she stares into a pitch black corner saying someone's standing there
>>
>>62886265
Meh, It Follows is better. As is Babadook. Both of which aren't even that scary, just scarier than The Conjuring.
Can't wait for The Hallow, hopefully that one will be scary. Btw, The VVitch will probably be utter shite.
>>
>>62886690
>real horror

I'll give it that: I wouldn't want an autist child.
>>
>>62886265
that part was creepy until it jumped on the little girl and tried to dry-hump her
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.