[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do comics become unfunny after getting married or having a kid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: unfunny hack.jpg (104 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
unfunny hack.jpg
104 KB, 640x640
Why do comics become unfunny after getting married or having a kid?
>>
Your eternal loneliness makes it impossible for you to relate the them.
>>
>>62886005
/thread
>>
They don't?
>>
>>62885965
Some certainly take it better than others that's for sure. It's like anything else everyone has a different reaction to such a major life change.
>>
I liked PFT's last special a lot.

I have noticed that most of my favorite comedians either never marry or can't stay married long, and if they have kids they almost never talk about them.
>>
>>62886394
PFT has no kids. His suits are his children.
>>
>>62886840
>PFT has no kids.

Not after I seduce him.
>>
>>62885965
because they grow up, but their fans don't.
>>
Does Dave make all of his guests hold baby Margot?
>>
>>62887223
It's either hold Margot or pick the spiders out of Graham's beard.
>>
>>62887223
Graham got fat.
>>
Do you think Dave feels sorry for Graham?
>>
My Top Five SPY Guests:

1. Paul F. Tompkins
2. Jon Dore
3. Charlie Demers
4. Alicia Tobin
5. Andy Kindler ( I know he's only been on once, but I really hope he becomes a regular. )
>>
Becoming a parent flips a switch in your brain. All of a sudden you become concerned with what sort of content you're flooding the world with because damn, there are innocents everywhere being affected by what you and other entertainers say. Simply put, you lose your edge.

If your career was talking about farts and jacking off, would you want to maintain that if you knew it wouldn't be appropriate for your four year old to know the first thing about what you do?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.