[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>choosing actors on the basis of talent >choosing actors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
>choosing actors on the basis of talent
>choosing actors on teh basis of race

any questions?
>>
>>62885622

No questions, but all the talent in the prequels (Neeson, Lee, Macgregor, Portman etc) didn't amount to shit.

And Exodus was shit, and a flop.
>>
Are you implying that Joel edgerton can act? Even for shit posting this is a step too far
>>
>>62885652
>not taking the bait
>there is hope for humanity yet!
>>
>>62885652
>tfw I love Qui-gon Jinn simply because it's Neeson
>>
>>62885719
watch this and tell me he can't act
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zuQTmVCEn4
>>
Starwars = Blackstained
>>
>>62885806
I'm not sure what you're trying to show me, I saw more Adam Driver in that trailer than anything
>>
>>62885900
he's a character actor, and good at what we does. he's not chosen on the basis of race.
>>
>>62885622

But Exodus was terrible.
>>
>>62885973

You realize Boyega still had to pass the audition to get the part right? No of course not, that would involve critical thinking, now what race is bad at critical thinking, can you tell me nigger?
>>
Everything boyega has been in so far has shown he is a good actor. exodus gods and kings on the other hand was a terrible movie with terrible acting. ;)
>>
>>62886019
baka in your reply, why u mad tho?

<spoiler>disrespectful black
>>
>>62885806
he can't act
>>
>>62885973
Is his character a block of wood?
>>
>>62885719
Did you just casually insult Warrior by extension?

Fucking pleb.
>>
>>62886047

And yet good actors in Star Wars have done poorly, and Christian Bale is a good actor and did poorly in Exodus.

It's a rare actor who can turn in a great performance even with poor direction; that's one of Patrick Stewart's signature strengths, for example. JJ Abrahms gets decent to good performances out of actors, it's just that the overall product tends to be a bit forgettable.
>>
Exodus was shit because they tried deviated from the source material. Bale wanted to portray Moses as a schizophrenic fallen-from-grace madman. Hell, they literally turned God into a hallucinatory child. You can't deviate from a supernatural story and expect it to be good. As a story it's survived for thousands of years, why would you fuck with it so bad?

Also quality bait with white actors
>>
>>62886634
0/10
I thought Exodus was fine and I hate Jews. Bäsed Ridley was baccccck wit it
>>
>>62886754
But it was worse than Prometheus, Anon.
>>
>>62886370
I'm insulting his performance, should've just been Tom hardy and nolte. You can't say it wouldn't have been better
>>
>>62885622

even though I'm 99% sure that boyega was cast because he's black, I gotta say that he's a better than decent actor

he was pretty good in attack the block and 24

what I wonder is whether anyone ever saw a goddamn movie with the female protagonist. she looks and speaks like a fucking retard in the trailers
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.