[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQk ygZdZ_Vk More emotions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (527 KB, 855x481) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
527 KB, 855x481
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

More emotions than the entire Hobbit trilogy combined. Do you blame PJ for what he did to get the movies made? Think he'll ever enjoy filmmaking again?
>>
Someone needs to hurry up and upload all 9 hours or whatever of the Five Armies appendices
>>
I liked the first Hobbit. It was cute and sentimental.

Last two movies were schlock though. Michael Bay films have better action/kinetic art.
>>
>>62884223
I think he'll enjoy all the money they paid him
>>
so the video explains he had no time but then went to the studio, asked for more time, got it, and they made it an extra film so that Peter had more time?

and it was still shit?
>>
>>62884316

You can tell by the look on his face
>>
>>62884306
FOTR > TT > ROTK > AUJ > DOS > BOTFA
>>
>>62884333

Nigga LotR had three YEARS of pre-production, these movies had three months. He asked the studio for more time because it was literally impossible to get a watchable film made before the deadline.
>>
>>62884223
But they were granted an extension, so why was it still so bad?
>>
>>62884357
yeah fair enough. they were "watchable" I guess

So we blame del taco?
>>
>>62884223
Nah, I don't think he wanted to do 3 films but was forced to do so.
The biggest problem was that the story was stretched too thin with a lot of filler.
>>
Well tbqh Hackson originally did not want to direct the hobbit trilogy
>>
>>62884367

Del Toro did nothing wrong, it was the execs. It was Del Toro's dream to make these movies but the studio kept fucking him around and stalling and dragging their feet until he was essentially forced to quit. PJ was the only one that could make the movies because he was the only one with enough clout. He doesn't even really care about the Hobbit he just loves Tolkien and he was the only filmmaker that was gonna get the execs to stop fucking around because they were guaranteed another LotR success when he signed on.
>>
Poor Jackson. It wasn't bad. The Hobbit doesn't allow you to do too much with it.
>>
Ultimately it's still his responsibility that large portions of the trilogy were a mess. However I appreciate his honesty.
>>
So long as children were entertained and their imaginations captivated, these movies were a success.

They are fantasy action adventure movies. Their purpose is to entertain children.

The only question is why do we spend so much money on children's entertainment when they're rather easily amused creatures. On top of that, why do we pack them with so much violence when that simply is not necessary to entertain a child?
>>
PJ deserves a Punished shop
>>
>>62886124

PUNISHED JACK

A FALLEN LEGEND
>>
>>62884550

No it isn't. People like you are the worst.
>>
does peter jackson have AIDS?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.