[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit this was fucking amazing? Any other films in the same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: prisoners_ver6_xlg.jpg (173 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
prisoners_ver6_xlg.jpg
173 KB, 1000x750
Holy shit this was fucking amazing?
Any other films in the same genre?
I'm thinking films like
>Zodiac
>Black Coal Thin Ice
>Marshland
>True Detective season 1
The kind of gloomy, brooding detectivs
Also Prisoners discussion I guess
>>
It was shit, the ending was shit, Jake Gyllenhaal was shit in it, and you should feel bad for liking shit shithead.
>>
>>62812352

Literally any other Gyllenhaal film - and there are much better ones.
>>
>>62812352
I finally got around to watching it too recently. Easily one of Gyllenhaal's most underrated roles. Are those other movies you listed similar? I've been looking for other stuff to watch.
>>
Prisoners is actually pretty bad. It's basically the "meme" version of a film like Zodiac or Memories of a Murder.
>>
>>62812494
Yeah, especially Marshland (La Isla Minima).
Black Coal Thin Ice has a great atmosphere going on, but overall I wasn't really imperessed by the story.
But as these anons stated
>>62812383
>>62812463
>>62812504
I'm pretty much a pleb
>>
>>62812352
What the fuck is with all the Prisoners/Zodiac threads recently?
>>
>>62812352
op you would like Narc and Salton Sea
>>
>>62812593
Lot of crossposters find them accessible. Films like these are like the stepping stone between their video games and actual cinema.
>>
>>62812567

I didn't call you a pleb OP, just said there are better Gyllenhaal films.

I'm not much better.
>>
>>62812567
I'll check them out. Thanks for the recommendations. Also you're not a pleb, anon. Safe travels.
>>
>>62812352
Se7en fits in that category, I guess.
>>
>>62812632
The trailers didn't really convince me, but I'll try it anyway, thanks anon!
>>62812646
>>62812739
And thank you too guyd
>>
Prisoners is bad.

Try Girl with the Dragon Tattoo OP. The US version. Also Zodiac.

Memories of Murder if you can sit through subtitles.
>>
>>62812951

"if you can sit through subtitles"

WAUV murica. You use the term "foreign movies" alot don't you?
>>
>>62813255

I'm not American. and believe it or not Fedora tipper, people just getting into film don't want to see shit with subtitles.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.